Badminton XC thread

Lexi_

Visit site
True, but the ground jury had at least 20 mins to review fence while held on course.
can Other riders contest his E removal I wonder?

Ooh I have no idea! I would think it’s between him and the ground jury, maybe different at team competitions?

sasquatch

Visit site
I have seen so many of Dom Schramm’s YouTube and eventing videos over the years, but I think this is the first time I’ve seen him compete

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Thanks!
What happened to Sarah Way. I was looking forward to seeing her little dun horse. But she’s not on the start list

Escapade

Visit site
Thanks!
What happened to Sarah Way. I was looking forward to seeing her little dun horse. But she’s not on the start list
Team Way Eventing
“I have made the incredibly hard decision this morning to not run Mouse xc. Getting to badminton is a lifelong dream and to be here is completely incredible. I am going to be totally honest and say that this morning I am not happy with where I am mentally to tackle one of the toughest courses in the world. With Poppy only being 5 months old, I had not fully appreciated the effect on me at a competition of this level. My brain is in complete baby fog (if you know you know) and that is not the mindset that this track needs. I can’t thank everyone enough for all of their help to get me here and all the amazing messages of support. But most of all to mouse’s owners Kate and Mel for trusting and believing in me every step of the way. And Mouse I am so sorry that I am not allowing you to have your day today, but there will be another day and track more suited to us at the right time.
Good luck to everyone going out there today you are going to smash it xxx”

Mad respect to her

Wishfilly

Visit site
I agree that a lot of combinations will be lacking match practice as it were, there was only a small field at bicton, I don't think many British or British based riders competed outside the UK in 2021?

So a lot will be coming in having not done any kind of 5* for 3 years, and it is a very technical course this year. The atmosphere and crowds are also very different!

I don't think they should have made it less technical but I do wonder if they should have made the qualification rules slightly stiffer. I think seeing so many top riders have issues early on has lead to more riders treating the course with respect.

A lot of problems seem to be coming late on, so I wonder if it's a tiny bit of a fitness thing.

only_me

Visit site
That was a horrific fall, horse exhausted but I don’t think that’s why it didn’t get up. Hopefully will be proved wrong later on with a good update.

Seemed to struggle to get neck/front up. Hopefully just winded