Bailey's Boot Camp

Marigold4

Visit site
Hi no it's a guy called Ross Nickless
I had a lesson from Richard Maxwell to help me with a young horse who bit. She bit me really badly and years later i still have a mighty scar. He recommended using "pointy fingers" on her muzzle. So you don't smack, you kind of stab (not very hard though) the horse's muzzle with two straightened fingers. Apparently they dislike it but it doesn't hurt and does the added job of pushing the muzzle away. So every time your horse turns its mouth/muzzle towards you, jab and push away with straight fingers. Head should be forward or away, but not turning in, ever, with a horse like this. Had to be very disciplined and do it all the time, but it worked. Hope that makes sense, difficult to explain without showing.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Again, respectfully, I am NOT going to be doing ANY smacking, hitting, pointing, poking etc.
I'd actually like this boy to trust me and I want to deal with the root of WHY he bites as well as the biting.
He is being pushy, domineering and rude. He has to learn that cannot happen, if he's not in my space then he can't bite....and we go from there :)