Barn Cam updated - we've gone colour!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
As if I don't already spend too much time watching it, OH has upgraded Barn Cam to higher definition and colour. This is it right now (camera and hho time are wrong!) The girls have obviously decided that the boys are wusses to want to be inside, because they're nowhere to be seen. Until the grass gets too rich, they'll have this arrangement where they come and go as they please through the left hand door. You can see it's had to be fitted with bumpers because they play a game where they gallop full speed through the narrow doorway and hit their hips on it :(. I've just stopped feeding them haylage because Henry the cob is already putting on weight and Rizzle the coloured is refusing to eat his hard food with his medication and minerals in.

473624_2017-04-05%2016_14_13_zpshgwoxm3n.jpg

Last edited:

ycbm

Visit site
And this is why I can't stop watching!

A few minutes later, all change. Pip in, boys gone, Doodle nowhere in sight.

473624_2017-04-05%2016_26_47_zpsvwqeuoob.jpg

Wait .... there she is!

473624_2017-04-05%2016_34_36_zpsucrgiaiv.jpg

Last edited:

crabbymare

Visit site
I am almost addicted to watching a friends stable cam in the evenings (stables are empty during the day although I can watch her work if I time it right) as there is one foal already born and mine inside its mum waiting to be born (got a few weeks to go yet). Its certainly a lot better than whats on tv most of the time :)

ycbm

Visit site
I sometimes toy with the idea of releasing the password on here for a day, but I know I'd forget and everyone would catch me having a wee :D

I hope you get to see your foal born!

ycbm

Visit site
I can recommend a new one, but it did cost a few quid. The old one just can't cope with the damp and wind outside. This one is awesome :)

crabbymare

Visit site
I sometimes toy with the idea of releasing the password on here for a day, but I know I'd forget and everyone would catch me having a wee :D

I hope you get to see your foal born!
just make sure you do not do what happened at a friend of a friends place. group outing to badminton and for whatever reason someone checked their stable camera to find her husband and the wife of someone else on the trip doing things they should not be doing together. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they got home :D I should get to see the foal born as I will get a phone call when she starts if I am not already online :)

ycbm

Visit site
We're all very lucky. I don't have to pay for much bedding or do much work, they get the most natural life I can give them. We just struck lucky, the barn was there when we found a house we could afford with land, and it was built before planning consent was required, so it needed no change of use application (which it wouldn't have got because we are in a National Park).. I ride in it as well if we get a run of bad weather. I know just how lucky I am, I've been here 25 years and still can't quite believe it :)

jrp204

Visit site
We put a PTZ camera into our lambing shed this year and it's amazing how much time you waste on it. It's been very useful when OH has had to go to work as I can watch the sheep from work and phone him when something's lambing. Work have loved it too, watching lambing and even a C Sec. OH does feel like he's been watched rather a lot! I like it when the lights go off and the IR comes on, all the sheep just settle down and everything goes quiet, for a while anyway.

ycbm

Visit site
Do you remember a few years ago, a company put a webcam on their filter coffee pot and it got thousands of hits? There's just something addictive about it, seeing the changes.

I caught one of the cats using it as a litter tray on infra red one night. And a rabbit trying to dig a burrow!

Not quite as interesting as a Caesarian on a sheep though!

Equi

Visit site
I can recommend a new one, but it did cost a few quid. The old one just can't cope with the damp and wind outside. This one is awesome :)
Yes please. I don't mind paying! lol I just need to make sure it is a circley one so it gets all my stable.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
very jealous of your barncam :eek: I'd LOVE something like this, I waste hours of my life watching my ponies in person, I could do the same thing all night from the comfort of my sofa quite happily! Who needs TV?! Sadly they are 6 miles away :(

crabbymare

Visit site
very jealous of your barncam :eek: I'd LOVE something like this, I waste hours of my life watching my ponies in person, I could do the same thing all night from the comfort of my sofa quite happily! Who needs TV?! Sadly they are 6 miles away :(
If you have wifi at the yard it is possible to watch from home. I will be watching a mare in germany :D it does not take long to be hooked on stable cam :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sadly no wifi, it's too far from YOs house and tbh I doubt she'd be up for me nicking her internet anyway :D I've got fibre but the horses are in the sticks ;)

Equi

Visit site
Got a new camera it's much better. Only issue is when you turn the light out and back on it stays in IR night vision but if you unplug the camera it comes back on in colour 🤔

Lintel

Visit site
Oooh. I now really want a barn cam...
Is it just a cctv camera you have up? Is it linked to your phone or a unit in the house?

ycbm

Visit site
Yes please. I don't mind paying! lol I just need to make sure it is a circley one so it gets all my stable.

what system do you use YCBM ?

Oooh. I now really want a barn cam...
Is it just a cctv camera you have up? Is it linked to your phone or a unit in the house?

I'll ask tech support the details when he wakes up from his nap :)

In the house, it works over the wifi router direct, so you don't actually need an internet connection. Away from home, we just browse it like a website. It's got a huge range of vision, controlled by touch. It cost £170 as I recall. It's very heavy duty and completely waterproof external grade.