BD Associated Champs

kathantoinette

Visit site
Has anyone competed at these? Thinking of aiming for the CHAPS one. Is Vale View a nice venue? And regarding the points… can you use the same scores for AF or would it have to be in addition to the 3 AF scores?
Thanks for any info ?

mavandkaz

Visit site
I did the TB one a few years ago. It was a 4hr drive for me to get to VV. Nice set up, and very friendly. They had warm ups in the outdoor schools, with the tests indoors. Good cafe.
I stayed overnight in the back of my horsebox, my guy was in their permanent stabling, but I know the do use temporary stabling sometimes.

You can use the same score sheets as your AF ones.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I did the native champs a couple of times, incl at VV. agree it's a nice venue with good surfaces and well organised. i had the temp stables which were fairly dreadful as the weather was bad but i think they've made some changes since. Would not hesitate to go again.

kathantoinette

Visit site
I did the TB one a few years ago. It was a 4hr drive for me to get to VV. Nice set up, and very friendly. They had warm ups in the outdoor schools, with the tests indoors. Good cafe.
I stayed overnight in the back of my horsebox, my guy was in their permanent stabling, but I know the do use temporary stabling sometimes.

You can use the same score sheets as your AF ones.
Thank you for this. I think VV is only about 2 hours from us so I might give it a go ?

humblepie

Visit site
Been quite a few times. Lovely rosettes if lucky enough to get placed and nice cafe. Stabling is awful and last time we were parked in an overflow of sludge. Go for it but take wellies! We found a nice place off site to stay and a fab pub to eat.

humblepie

Visit site
Vv is a fantastic venue, never stabled there though.
I’m probably being a bit harsh but filthy wet stable one year and the indoor one I had another very narrow. Arenas are nice which is the important bit for competing though.

humblepie

Visit site
? oh heck… how long ago was this humblepie?
The sludge car park was 2019 but admittedly I wasn’t feeling well so may had made me grumpier than normal. Horse was placed in both classes but it was grim under foot. The stables were previous years. 2019 we stayed off site at a lovely yard. Don’t be put off going though as arenas lovely.