Be part of H&H's new co-buys to grab great discounts

cptrayes

Visit site
Musto snugs ultimate please. £100 a pair for polyester fleece is just craaaaaazy! And I need at least 2 new pairs this winter.

Nickles1973

Visit site
Top of my wish list at the mo is the Equilibrium back massage pad. I'd be very interested in hearing of a discount on higher value items such as this.

robthecob

Visit site
Jodphurs/breeches, fleece / cooler rugs, anything by back on track as their stuff is very expensive but great, I am desperate for a fleece excersise sheet, general shampoo products, numnahs, wellies, boots, even as we are close to Christmas something that could be bought as a gift :)

I actually think this is a good idea, we know the mark up on a lot of horse stuff is high, there will be a volume of sales at which the company offering the deal will be happy with the return. I hope that small tack shops do take part though, will you be allowing the shop / business the deal is through to put their name on it, a bit of free marketing?

Tanta

Visit site
Agree with other postings that this would probably be most appropriate for high end items - also I cant see sellers wanting the hassle of returns if things dont fit/people dont like them (unless faulty). So agree it would best for that expensive one-offs liike haysteamers, showjumps, equissage or similar machines, magnetic rugs, top quality rugs (Lansdown?) top end dressage/SJ hats etc.

WandaMare

Visit site
I think its a great idea. Agree it would be most beneficial for top end items like leather boots, the more expensive rugs and nice leather tack.

longdog

Visit site
Apologies if I wasn't absolutely clear. Local tackshops and saddlers are welcome to take part if they can supply a relevant number (it doesn't have to be hundreds of boots/rugs/whatever - each offer will be for a limited number of items only) of an item which you, the readers, say you want to buy. We aren't limiting this in any way to just the 'big boys' and would be very happy to discuss options with retailers of all sizes. We want to be as inclusive as possible and enable everyone (readers and sellers) to benefit from this exciting opportunity.

Youy are TOTALLY missing the point H&H. Markups in the saddlery trade are pretty poor & it will not be possible for retailers to take part & offer any meaningful discount. Also who will handle the complaints if things go wrong - it won't be you will it?
A very p****d off retailer. :(

PS This is why we do not advertise with H&H.

longdog

Visit site
Jodphurs/breeches, fleece / cooler rugs, anything by back on track as their stuff is very expensive but great, I am desperate for a fleece excersise sheet, general shampoo products, numnahs, wellies, boots, even as we are close to Christmas something that could be bought as a gift :)

I actually think this is a good idea, we know the mark up on a lot of horse stuff is high, there will be a volume of sales at which the company offering the deal will be happy with the return. I hope that small tack shops do take part though, will you be allowing the shop / business the deal is through to put their name on it, a bit of free marketing?

I amfascinated as to what you consider a good mark up is? I have been in this trade for 30 years & am yet to come across a product which I consider to have a useful mark up. I am going now as my blood pressure is on the rise.

becca1305

Visit site
Sprenger bow balance stirrups- seem very popular & highly rated. Have a pair on my xmas list!

Also on my xmas list is a lorry satnav for the horsebox but dont know how much interest there would be on that one?

Stuff from overseas brands that can be difficult to get items from via UK stockists.

Nice good quality leather headcollar with name plate.

New high profile products to the market eg horseware ice vibe boots. Umming and ahhing whether to get a pair & a discount would swing it!

Useful items such as classic brushing boots (woof wear?), hi vis vests with secure pocket for phone etc. Would have to be plenty of interest in lower value products I suppose to get a discount worth having, but would think there would be plenty of interest in everyday products :).

Other items with simple sizings- S,M,L or pony,cob,full. Eg travel boots.

Seasonal products might be a good idea- waterproof full chaps, those clip on things that go on shoes for grip on ice, warm gloves, wellie warmer socks etc.

zoon

Visit site
I'm currently after a kanteq body protector, a Rambo duo, a wow saddle (well parts actually, but could be swayed to buy a whole new one if price was right) and some Tyne muck boots and/or some dubarrys or le chameaus

WHWIndie

New User
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea. I don't have a tack room near to me so generally buy from the internet.

Here is my wish list:
Waterproof coat
trousers
general clothing
warm and waterproof boots
Any thing from Premier Equine!

hyperellie1

Visit site
I to would like ariat boots, a decent hunter style bridle, new stirrup leathers and irons! Cor father xmas is going to be busy! Also any new products that come on to the market, id be soooo much more likely to try them if the price was right so mayb the groupbuying on those items is a good idea

Jonathan10

New User
Visit site
If a rug is for sale for £60, then there is no way this rug could be sold for £30 - dream on if you think the mark up on items is that high.
A retailer has to pay large overheads so we the customer can go out shopping for the day. The reason we have retail stores is because we like to go and look at a product, try it on, take it back if it is not right. If I want a new pair of boots - I want to go and try them on, not order them online. All this is going to do is force the saddlery shops (small and large) to close, thanks for that - means I will be out of a job as will thousands of other employees in the saddlery trade.
I buy the horse and hound every week as I thought of it is a 'professional' magazine that researched all its articles and stories. Clearly you haven't researched this one at all.

Visit site
I read this post with great interest,
as the owner of a tack shop and also photographic shop i know the damage that is being done by schemes like this

Great for the consumer now until all the tack shops are gone then you cant ever go and see anything before you buy.

We sell on line also, but the price in store is the same on line at rock bottom, many of you might not believe this but the we often can but stock cheaper from preferrred suppliers who spend big than we can fron the manufactures.

Dont just think about that £2 you can save on a pair of gloves or that £10 on a hat, go into your tack shop and give them the chance to match it

i bet they will 95% of the time, we do, i have sold stuff at no profit before to keep my customer from buying elsewhere.

also remember that most of the equipment you buy theses days is made in the far east, the further you drive prices down the more British jobs are lost

It might be you one day that this is done to.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Well said Jonathan and Spindleberry. H & H haven't thought this out at all and what it means for the independent retailers or if they have they have just discarded it as can be seen by their replies to us at the beginning of this thread. Just shows they have no commitment to the British horse industry at all.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Well said Jonathan and Spindleberry. H & H haven't thought this out at all and what it means for the independent retailers or if they have they have just discarded it as can be seen by their replies to us at the beginning of this thread. Just shows they have no commitment to the British horse industry at all.

Indeed. Think, people, think!

Mrs C

Visit site
Another for Grassmeres. Would love some musto fleece lined jods but even with a discount, I'm not sure I'd fork out for them :)