Best affordable saddle pads?

EllieLouLou

New User
Visit site
I'm looking at getting some new coloured saddle pads but am stuggling to find anywhere that sells nice colours and isn't really expensive.
I love the le mieux colours but unfortunately my horse has sensitive skin and I'm worried they will rub as I have seen this is a common issue. Ive had a look around but I can't find many other brands that sell nice matching colour sets, does anyone have any recommendations?
Many thanks in advance!

Widgeon

Visit site
Premier Equine stuff is good quality and will stand up to repeated washing in the machine! And you can get quite good discounts on them if you keep an eye out and sign up to their alert emails - they had some lovely pads on pretty good discounts a few days ago. And you can pick them up second hand.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Equest, Hy, Gallop and Rhinegold have budget priced coloured and plain ones.
Then the likes of Weatherbeeta, Ruggles etc, next price up is Lemieux and similar, before you get to PS, Eskadron, Equito, Anky, etc etc.

Mostly you get what you pay for, so expect a budget one to not last as long, perhaps not have a good as finish, velcro poorer quality, or not be quite the same size you expect.

Obviously there are many more makes out there in different price bands.
Happy shopping! :)

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the Eskadron cotton pads are a fairly normal price, wash well and come in all the same pretty colours as the fancy pads. Particularly affordable second hand.

rapadoodles

Visit site
well, equestrian stockholm doe sthe best saddle pads and sets that don't rub, but can be expensive. try woof wear and trusted ebay sellers like gallop shop

Visit site
I'm looking at getting some new coloured saddle pads but am stuggling to find anywhere that sells nice colours and isn't really expensive.
I love the le mieux colours but unfortunately my horse has sensitive skin and I'm worried they will rub as I have seen this is a common issue. Ive had a look around but I can't find many other brands that sell nice matching colour sets, does anyone have any recommendations?
Many thanks in advance!
ARMA does really nice saddlepads in nice colours but I don't think that they have matching sets but you could match with similar colours. Hope this helps😁