Best anatomical bridle

blitznbobs

Visit site
If your husband said he’d buy you a bridle as a present - anything you like (and he genuinely means anything) what dressage legal snaffle bridle would you want?

Shooting Star

Visit site
I think I’d be tempted by a fairfax if they really meant anything or a jeffries or sabre if our definitions of anything weren’t the same 🙂

Myloubylou

Visit site
I really like my english leather micklem. Isn’t too bling, horse goes well in it and easy to care for. So depends what you are looking for in a bridle.

Myloubylou

Visit site
Has anyone got a ps of swedes nirak? Thinking of getting one for the new pony who I can be bit more bling with.

pansymouse

Visit site
I've made a fully bespoke anatomical dressage bridle - if money is no object you will definitely be better getting a custom made and fitted bridle. The one I made had to be cut to accommodate a large and very distinctive head which simply couldn't be fitted off the shelf and I had to do three fittings to get the head piece spot on. I'm not making much at the moment but can recommend a bridle maker whose work is award winning and absolutely beautiful.

Hallo2012

Visit site
I think i would try a fairfax and a PS of sweden, then buy the one the horse voted for.
prev horse preferred the fairfax but current pony loves the PSOS.....the headpiece shaping and elastic cheek cradles really encourage him to take my hand forward and not curl up.

ponios

Visit site
I love my Anatares Y precision bridle by far the best leather of any tack I have ever bought and horses seem to go well in it

Denbob

Visit site
If I was offered anything I'd go made-to-measure!

I'm another fan of the Horsemanship Saddlery Anatomical Bridles https://www.horsemanshipsaddlery.uk/ my boy is in the Saturn in full and it fits him really well and doesn't look too flashy or different from a typical bridle which I quite like. Typically they brought out the hunter bridle after i'd bought mine and can't stretch to two but I like the look of that one as well!

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
Has anyone got a ps of swedes nirak? Thinking of getting one for the new pony who I can be bit more bling with.
My horse is in the nirak and seems to like it - definitely helped with contact. The non-padded parts of the leather weren’t the nicest to start with but they supple with lots of leather conditioning

McFluff

Visit site

Yes - I have the Nirak, and although initially really liked it, have to say, a year down the line, not so much. The leather has stretched (and I've really been careful with treatment), and it doesn't fit as well as it did. TBH I'm kicking myself for not sticking with the Micklem (I have a black one, and wanted a brown bridle, hence getting the Nirak). I like the design of the PS, just don't think the quality matches the price tag. Particularly when I paid more for that than I did for my old Sabre, which just looks better and better over time.

zola89

Visit site
I can highly recommend EvoEquine - Amanda joined the business last year (before that I think they had some customer service issues) and is extremely helpful! I'm really impressed with the quality and they look stunning on as well as having really clever, adjustable designs.
I've got the snaffle with a removable flash and have just bought the grackle also!

Black diamond

New User
Visit site
EvoEquines bridles are stunning and with the new owners now in charge they are storming ahead. Stunning designs and excellent customer service. I would highly recommend them and the leather is stunning. Mine is like new still and my horse is going so much better. Everything is strong with interchangeable nosebands and click on brow-bands. Ask for Amanda Lomax as she owns it now and is super helpful. Nothing is too much trouble.