best balancer for ulcers???

Arenaability

Visit site
as the title says, i don't need one with supplement in as im adding them separately already, just a good balancer that is suitable for ulcers.
any replies appreciated!!!

JulesRules

Visit site
I'm not sure I know what you are asking? Surely the point of a balancer is to supplement the horse's diet, ensuring their needs in terms of vitamins and minerals are met.
The best feed for horses prone to ulcers is a high fibre, low starch and sugar diet,often those aimed at good doers or weight-loss like Top Spec Light or Baileys 14. Some balancers will support digestive health and include probiotic e.g. Spilllers Original

Arenaability

Visit site
I'm not sure I know what you are asking? Surely the point of a balancer is to supplement the horse's diet, ensuring their needs in terms of vitamins and minerals are met.
The best feed for horses prone to ulcers is a high fibre, low starch and sugar diet,often those aimed at good doers or weight-loss like Top Spec Light or Baileys 14. Some balancers will support digestive health and include probiotic e.g. Spilllers Original
Oh sorry a bit confusing!! I meant it doesn’t need to have a digestive supplement/ be specific for digestion just be suitable (ie low starch sugar as you said ) ? as she is already on a separate digestive supplement which is helping her already. Thank you for these suggestions I have had a look at these but it’s good to know what other people think too, thanks again!!

VioletStripe

Visit site
I would recommend using a vits&mins supplement over a balancer - even the ones aimed at being 'ulcer-friendly' are packed with starch and fillers and having just forked out a load of money for a scope and treatment for ulcers, I just won't risk it :confused: I have little faith in feed companies and their marketing now!

I know a lot of people on here recommend the Equimins supplement or the simple systems one - I use pink powder, partly because of the digestive supplement in it as well.. NAF do another general vits&mins as well which my YM uses.

Arenaability

Visit site
I would recommend using a vits&mins supplement over a balancer - even the ones aimed at being 'ulcer-friendly' are packed with starch and fillers and having just forked out a load of money for a scope and treatment for ulcers, I just won't risk it :confused: I have little faith in feed companies and their marketing now!

I know a lot of people on here recommend the Equimins supplement or the simple systems one - I use pink powder, partly because of the digestive supplement in it as well.. NAF do another general vits&mins as well which my YM uses.
this is a good thing to consider, thank you. i have seen a few of these and thought they might be good for these reasons. i also worry about the marketing on some feeds and never know what to go off but i think your suggestion is a good idea, thank you :)

kidsandponies

Visit site

Could I please ask which Simple System’s one people recommend?

VioletStripe

Visit site
Could I please ask which Simple System’s one people recommend?

Whichever one suits your horse's needs, I guess! If you go onto their website and look under balancers, there are a few but there's one marketed for general well-being etc. I think it's called something along the lines of Total Eclipse? I know they have another which is for joints, another for moody/seasonal mares?