Best balancer for young natives (New Forest)

Visit site
Hello wise ones,

I have two 3-year-old Foresters (four in May) and I want some advice on the best balancer to feed them.

They're currently fed a scoop of Happy Hoof Molasses-Free and a scoop of D&H Suregrow Balancer. They've done really well on it, grown well and are lovely boys. Both are gelded.

They're being started and are well used to people, have been long-reined and lunged but don't do masses at the moment.

I wonder if anyone has any advice on a better balancer for them? I shouldn't think I'll get much more height out of them. One is already a little oversized at nearly 15hh and bum-high - he's quite wiry - and the other is a solid stamp and 14.1hh.

FYI, I have spoken to feed consultants for each major brand and each just recommends their base balancer. I know Blue Chip do one for natives but I don't know anyone who has tried it.

Any advice greatly received.

Carlosmum

Visit site
I really wouldn't be worrying about balancers, as long as they have good quality forage. My NF is now 13, though i have fed many different things over the years trying to sort his energy levels out, he has never had a balancer. currently feeding hay, speedibeet and D & H safe & Sound. He has never looked better. Do be careful with your boys weight, far better that they loose weight over the winter, because you can guarantee they will put it all back in the spring plus some.

TPO

Visit site
I like the Progressive Earth balancers and would recommend Pro Balance +

Their website is helpful.and lists all the ingredients so you can see what you are feeding.

When my horse arrived as a 2yr old he was very underweight and malnourished. I fed youngstock balancer initially (spillers gro n win) then when he had picked up moved him to a fubre diet with Progressive Earth balancer.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I like the Progressive Earth balancers and would recommend Pro Balance +

Their website is helpful.and lists all the ingredients so you can see what you are feeding.

When my horse arrived as a 2yr old he was very underweight and malnourished. I fed youngstock balancer initially (spillers gro n win) then when he had picked up moved him to a fubre diet with Progressive Earth balancer.
i feel like I might have played a blinder by teaching my foal to eat this on a bit of grass chaff since she started being interested in buckets ;)

hope she continues to be this obliging! none of my others will eat minerals that readily :p