Best brush for getting dry mud off legs?

Andreafp

Visit site
I wonder if any one has any suggestions please, I have a Shetland X Dartmoor, she is 7 years old, and will only tolerate being brushed on her legs for a very small period of time, she is out by day, but the ground here is very wet in Devon so when she comes in at night she has muddy legs, by morning when her legs have dried off it is the perfect time to get a brush to them to get the mud off, but as she dislikes the brush she is more often then not going back out with still (Dry) muddy legs, can anyone recommend a brush (or anything else) that is good for using on legs, and will get the mud off very quickly i.e a couple of flicks with a brush and its off? I am seeking the impossible I expect!

She will tolerate a softer brush for longer, but this isn't getting the mud off.

Thanking you in advance!

Andrea

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
spring curry comb is great for dried on mud, very quick not much faffing and sensitive horses seem to appreciate the fact that it doesn't tickle :)

41uuyYZvoVL._SX355_.jpg

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

tatty_v

Visit site
I use the Haas curry and then the Schimmel - my pony hates being groomed but will tolerate this! Other friends get on well with the magic brushes as well :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

nothing like it.

I have one of the super groomas too and it's brill on faces too, anywhere awkward and bony really. I rarely pick up an actual brush at the moment, it does everything. I have hypermobility in my hands and gripping small pads is quite hard for me some days - these flat pads with the strap are really comfortable, not tickly and get the mud off really quickly.

HeyMich

Visit site
So... I have just invested in this, https://www.totallysmart.co.uk/prod/super-grooma and some Pig Oil + Sulphur, just need to work out now how much to apply and how!! Lets hope it works!! If not I will be trying out the Magic Brush! Thanks so much for all your input today, much appreciated! x

I apply the pig oil and sulphur using an old cloth, only once or twice a week. Simply wipe it on to the lower legs, making sure there's plenty behind the heels. Some folk use a brush or spray bottle. It has worked wonders on my mare (4 white legs!) and I know she had bad mud fever with her previous owners.

Mrs G

Visit site
LE MIEUX HIPPO MITT! I got one for a Christmas pressie; its BRILL. Gets mud off everywhere; its flexible so you can get into and round awkward places and my sensitive horse will even let me use it on his face. You also get a lovely shine on the coat. Another bonus is it fits over my gloved hand so no cold fingers in winter temperatures!

Last edited: