Best horsey memory of the fantastic summer!

Pigeon

Visit site
That looks amazing!!! Very jealous!

I just loved the general hanging out with P without being freezing!!

IMG_0314.jpg

Bigbenji

Visit site
Very jealous. I was away working in another country for 9 weeks and missed all the summer with my horses 😢
Still frosty mornings to look forward to I guess .... 😱

starbar

Visit site
This was pretty good...my baby's first trip to the beach

seamog_zps4112fa9b.jpg
[/URL]

And this wasn't bad either, our second ever show and first bash at county level and we came away with a second :)

DSC_8018_zps33bac62f.jpg

Brilliant summer really :)

Last edited:

xDundryx

Visit site
What an awsome horsey summer! Mine is a toss up between taking my boy to Hayling island one hot evening and charging around or our first xc experience where we went clear and came 3rd!!!! He basically took charge and we sailed round I couldn't stop hugging the boy and smiling it has given me the xc bug despite always being an avid fun showjumper! Some brilliant memories :)

Pippity

Visit site
My first xc lesson! The excitement was enough to get a rather sluggish ShireX mare poinging off banks and through water and we even had a hoolie round at the end! It was the first time I've ever had to tell her to slow down, instead of trying to get her going faster!

Visit site
GrayMo being a complete twerp at Blair but still being so beautifully stunning and clever that he behaved in front of the judges and got his first ever sash after coming Reserve Champion :D

dff312d4-dd85-418d-958c-69637bed3839_zps583b6099.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
There have been so many amazing moments this summer as my youngster is 4 so we have had a lot of 'firsts'

We had a couple of pretty amazing trips to the beach but I think my favourite ride was our last hack together before i turned him away as he was just such good fun and was so confident and happy leading the horses through small rivers and past scary stuff. Really proud of him

starryeyed

Visit site
Ahh what great summers!
I haven't really had any memorable horsey moments this summer as my horse has been out of action since May :frown3:
I have enjoyed getting my friends event horses fit and also had a lovely week off which I spent sunbathing in the fields reading my kindle but would have much rather being riding!

pippixox

Visit site
attachment.php

finished doing up my old trailer with skilled friends help, then bf bought van and put tow bar on it, then managed to pass trailer test :D took my mare out 4 weeks in a row! first time was completely on our own to do our first ever drill ride with local RC. 2 sponsored rides and 1 mini x-country practice: which was the best as never done it before and she managed to concentrate on jumps despite the mini course being in a field surrounded my strange other horses, and she stood with my friend and her 4 and 2yo in the car park calmly while i went to find someone to give form to. great weather for all 4 weeks: never heard of normally in out British summer!

3Beasties

Visit site
I've had a great Summer but the highlight has got to be going to my first ever dressage competition on Sunday. It was the first competition with my horse that 6 months ago I could barely ride. She was amazingly behaved and we ended up coming 3rd (out of 13) which was a nice added bonus albeit one I didn't expect!
20130915_090045_182594-1_zps047e99dc.jpg

20130915_090045_176163-1_zps8f913e5b.jpg

missidress_zpsc7e79b74.jpg

Madam Min

Visit site
My best memories are taking my mare to our first ever combined training comp and does last week still count as summer? If so, another fab memory is taking the nags to the gallops! :)

1Lucie

Visit site
Awesome trip to thetford forest !!! I'm nervous rider but absolutely loved cantering up hills through trees!!! Had fab summer!!

ZondaR

Visit site
I moved my boy out to the middle of the countryside for the summer and rode him off grass. There was fantastic hacking in the area and we went out nearly every day. It was absolutely lovely. And, the best bit, he literaly threw outline at me without me having to ask and argue with him. It was amazing.

daughter's groom

Visit site
Driving my little pony through the cut hay fields to the highest point on the farm where she is kept and stopping to admire the view. From Mumbles point in the west, the English coastline to the South and the Brecon Beacons to the East, it was the most wonderfully breathtaking panorama on a gloriously cloudless summer day. What more could you wish for?

fuggly

Visit site
my best moment of the summer was taking my horse for a 6 mile ride instead of short loops around the village and him staying sound ( earlier in the year he had put a crack right through his sole and caused damage to his pedal bone ).

Landcruiser

Visit site
27 km ride home on my birthday in May...got my OH to drop me and Tuga off, and we hacked back, through West Woods, over the Marlborough Downs, Through Avebury (met OH for a pint at the Red Lion...Tuga ignored his half of Guinness), then eventually back to the yard. Ahhhhhhhh, heaven.
Also riding criollos for 3 days in Argentina in June, but that was their winter so may not count :)

RunToEarth

Visit site
daisysp8 - which Abbey is that? looks a lovely place to ride to :)

Here are mine - summer holidays spent sharing Cidre
1003692_10153031948270438_1086244410_n.jpg

Getting back into the groove this weekend :D
9745_10153297929045438_2116256371_n.jpg

Brochdoll

Visit site
Broke my ankle at the beginning of July (running not riding) so missed the best of the summer! Luckily I managed 3 common rides before that. Was the first time I'd done one and loved them all

Old Bat

Visit site
Loads with Mini who has had a fab summer bringing on her young pony who has grown into a horse....

here she is flying in the rain...

BlythTaitClinic14thaug139_zps0d6e7095.jpg

but my personal highlight was a lovely afternoon on Heidi when I actually felt fit and energetic enough to go xc schooling with mini on the first sunny day of the summer...made a delicious change from riding and leading all winter!

Mallow1stxcSwalcliffeFeb13014_zpsc1d4609d.jpg

BWa

Visit site
I stopped riding in May coz I'm pregnant, and walking the dogs in the stubble fields isn't the same as riding in them, however my horse has been on loan to my neighbour and it has been a perfect arrangement, so the fact I haven't had to worry has made a perfect summer. He has come home for his jabs today and it's nice to see him in his paddock again, but he isnt staying long!

Visit site
Going on my first and only proper hack of the year (im scared of riding in open fields, but more than happy to do any amount of roadwork!)

oanm13.jpg

And hiring an arena for my birthday and taking Kyra for our both first boxed outing and first showjumping outing!

wainhc.jpg

Aswell as getting this:

11sjciw.jpg

To this!

1zltypy.jpg