Best 'posh' names?

Solo1

Visit site
I have just got a new TB on loan, he hasn't got a showname so had to think of one to register him with BE... wanted something fun to show how we weren't taking things too seriously, all variations of 'Charlie' were taken. Then inspiration struck and his showname is now... wait for it... In The Nude :D I shall have to record the commentators. 'Now this is Annie riding In The Nude' mwaha! His owners were fine with it, laughed a lot, and the BE people were wetting themselves... so poor old Charlie is stuck with it :D

What's the funniest/weirdest show name you've ever heard?

NR99

Visit site
R wanted to call her old horse 'Billy Sarstard' but I would not let her as we once had a pony called Puck which one commentator stuffed up, bet he was saying to himself ooh that one would be easy to get wrong and then he did :D

Love 'In the Nude', imagine if you get to 4* :D:eek::p:cool:

Dizzle

Visit site
When we get a puppy, OH has asked if he can call it ‘Knickers’ so when it jumps up he can shout “DOWN KNICKERS”...

I’ve declined that one!

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
used to compete a bl**dy minded section D called Rimato the tomato twas more imparessment than this teen could cope with so unless nessacerry he was just Tom!

current lad is Patriach of constantinople & only history/religious geeks get it as he is known as andrew.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
I have just got a new TB on loan, he hasn't got a showname so had to think of one to register him with BE... wanted something fun to show how we weren't taking things too seriously, all variations of 'Charlie' were taken. Then inspiration struck and his showname is now... wait for it... In The Nude :D I shall have to record the commentators. 'Now this is Annie riding In The Nude' mwaha! His owners were fine with it, laughed a lot, and the BE people were wetting themselves... so poor old Charlie is stuck with it :D

What's the funniest/weirdest show name you've ever heard?

That is an awesome name :D

Wonder how many non-horsey OH's start showing an intrest in BE when their OH's tell them about someone riding In The Nude :D

Rosiefan

Visit site
On the same basis as In the Nude, one of R's friends used to have a horse called The Game. Much merriment when commentators announced L*** ****** is on The Game :).

j1ffy

Visit site
Some brilliant names there!

I used to know a horse called Faerie Liquid (by Ben Faerie), stable name "Squirt" ;)

RuthnMeg

Visit site
I know a horse who was called after it got out of the field and fell into the swimming pool... hence his name 'In At The Deep End'!
Also heard about 'Edna Bucket' and 'I'd Rather B Grazin''
And By Mayhill, called 'Maybe I Won't'

There are a lot of good names.. but riding In The Nude would turn a few heads no doubt!!

Trish C

Visit site
I'm trying to pick a posh name for Monty (for when we start competing properly, woo!) and am wondering whether I dare officially name him "Monty Knobberts" :D

I always named our youngsters after tune titles, my favourite was "Touch Me if you Dare." On the list of tunes to be used is also "I Buried My Wife and I Danced On Her Grave".

Still love that footballer's (don't know which one - all footballers are overpaid ponces to me :D) horses - Some Horse and Another Horse.

YorkshireLady

Visit site
My 'friends' once entered my horse in a team comp as

'Yorkshire pud'

They thought it was hilarious as I did not know till I was announced

j1ffy

Visit site
Song names are great inspiration for horse names! I called my old horse "Elegant Chaos" after a Julian Cope song - it suited him perfectly!

Twiggy14

Visit site
Backwards!!
Charlotte *******-****** riding Backwards
xD

But my mum has always wanted to call our ponies rude things, like Black B*****d for our little Black pig pony, and S**t face and stuff xD

charlimouse

Visit site
There was one on the eventing circuit round me a few years ago called Sotally Tober. I also heard of one called Like a Virgin, so commetators said ****** ********* riding Like a Virgin.

I also know of a Frilly Knickers (owned and ridden by a bloke)!!!!!

Solo1

Visit site
Horse is on loan to us as owner is pregnant, but with her he definitely has a forever home, she loved it so we're the only ones stuck with it :)

These are all awesome!

Trish C - got to call him Monty Knobberts! Go ooon!