Best rechargeable trimmers?

icestationzebra

Visit site
I need some small, quiet, cordless clippers/trimmers specifically for use on the head and ears. Does anyone have any recommendations and suggestions of places to buy online?

I tried searching on here for trimmers but just found lots of barefoot threads :eek:

Thank you :)

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I use Lister Legatos which I like, although the slidey bit that changes the length of blade has stopped catching on mine, so I have to hold it down to stop her getting a patchwork clip!
I use it for her head and ears, but also to trim her feathers.
I use mine off the mains as they seem to clip better that way, but they run off a battery too.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My mare is funny when she has her head clipped but doesn't mind my Lister Meteors :) I've had them for about 8 years and they are well used, off battery and mains. They are small and neat in your hand too. They come with combs so you can choose how close to clip. I don't use a comb on her head but like having the option to do her legs.

star

Visit site
i had some Wahl Pro's which were fine but have stopped holding charge after a couple of yrs so just bought some Liveryman ones which came highly recommended on here and have done a great job of his hairy legs, ears, bridle path etc.

icestationzebra

Visit site
I use Lister Legatos which I like, although the slidey bit that changes the length of blade has stopped catching on mine, so I have to hold it down to stop her getting a patchwork clip!
I use it for her head and ears, but also to trim her feathers.
I use mine off the mains as they seem to clip better that way, but they run off a battery too.

Thanks K - will look them up. Sounds good to have the choice of mains or battery :)

icestationzebra

Visit site
My mare is funny when she has her head clipped but doesn't mind my Lister Meteors :) I've had them for about 8 years and they are well used, off battery and mains. They are small and neat in your hand too. They come with combs so you can choose how close to clip. I don't use a comb on her head but like having the option to do her legs.

Sound great - will have a look, thanks :)

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I bought these & am really pleased with them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140861357000&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Couldn't get near head with mains clippers but he can cope with these to do his head/ears

I have these now and love them, they just seem easy to hold and use. My Wahl pro were good but finally gave up, have also had lister meteor. Have to say the masterclip ones are my favourite. Another plus point with them is they come with two batteries.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
My Wahl's packed in after about 20 years :)D) and I've recently bought some Liveryman Elements which are much better than the new Wahl's imo. I got them direct from Liveryman so they were cheaper than any other supplier that I found online.

oldvic

Visit site
I have had great success with Lister Meteor. The battery life is good but can be mains too. Also you can get different blades so they match big clippers without adding a comb or coping with a lever. A lot of trimmers clip much closer than clippers which then spoils the look.

HardySoul1

Visit site
Yup love the Lister Meteor. With standard blades on they clip exactly the same length as my Lister Liberty big clippers so swapping between them leaves no patches! Have managed to clip head of my permanently clipper shy pony which I couldn't believe. Tip to get them used to them: turn them trimmers upside down so you are clipping with coat not against it. Once they are used to this they will accept proper clipping easier.

oldvic

Visit site
Yup love the Lister Meteor. With standard blades on they clip exactly the same length as my Lister Liberty big clippers so swapping between them leaves no patches! Have managed to clip head of my permanently clipper shy pony which I couldn't believe. Tip to get them used to them: turn them trimmers upside down so you are clipping with coat not against it. Once they are used to this they will accept proper clipping easier.

We use the medium blades on our Lister clippers so the 3mm trimmer blades look better. Clipper shy horses definitely get better with the trimmers - several horses that didn't accept the big clippers on their heads at all now only need the small ones on their ears.

dafthoss

Visit site
I have the master clip ones as well, I really like them and they do the YP's very thick hairy legs, tail, bridle path and have done a neck and belly on a very nervous tb for a friend. They have 2 batteries and they last well.