Best Riding Tights

eggs

Visit site
I like Flexars and Horseware and also have the Dublin winter riding tights. I do have a few pairs of Noble Outfitters but whilst the summer ones fit me well I find the fit of the winter ones a little odd - very tight on my calves and loose around my waist.

Stenners

Visit site
I'm thinking Flexars might be the way forward! Does anything miss the knee pad as they don't appear to have one? I assume they aren't slippy in the saddle?

J1993

Visit site
I had some Dublin ones but I found them too thin and felt like I could feel everything! I bought a pair of vivendi leggings in September. I've worn them nearly every time I've ridden which is 2 or 3 times a week since and I've just ordered another 2 pairs. They have a high waistband. They are thick enough that you feel supported but you wouldn't be sweaty in summer. I was gutted I only wore mine once and a hole appeared on the bum after catching it with a nail. I thought the hole would get bigger and bigger but it hasn't and I just make sure I wear dark underwear ?. The knee patches are sticky but I feel like due to the material it does keep you really still in the saddle. There is no phone pocket by the way. I do think they are a bit expensive for what is basically a pair of gym pants but I'm happy with the quality and I have really put them to the test. They are £45 but I got a code on my email the other day for 20% off so I ordered 2 more pairs today and including postage it came to around £76 which I don't think is too bad. I have just also ordered a pair of premier equine riding tights as I had a voucher so will see how they are too! Their breeches are a bit short in the leg so ?‍♀️

Splash2310

Visit site
I adore the John whittaker pellon riding tights. They are amazingly comfy.

I have these ones! They are nice, but be aware that they seem to come up big. I had to take the waist in on mine.

I love the mochara riding tights, so comfy to the point where I wear them around the house too as leggings! No sticky bits - they aren’t particularly slippy though I don’t think I’d ride bareback in them!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I’ve got Dublin warm-it and cool-it, never noticed any marks on my saddles. Used for over two years. I’ve mostly worn the warm ones as prefer the material. They’ve got belt loops which are handy. I’ve Lost weight so they’re quite baggy round the bum now but we’re handy in the very cold spell as could fit my ski base layers easily underneath.

Same as me except I prefer the cool it ones. The only mark on my saddle is a bite mark the pony left (for security marking reasons, he assures me). And it isn't thanks to my annual saddle cleaning regime.

ETA: I've seen Facebook adverts for a local company I might try next. They make 'Brave Pants'. They look good, get good reviews, regularly go out of stock due to demand and are a good price.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Noble Outfitters or Equetech?
i have the equetech ones, i like them as they aren't shiny so they aren't slippery like some others, and have only minimal silicone.
the pockets are brilliant, i love having one on each leg.

Sealine

Visit site
The first pair of tights I bought were Dublin Cool it. I liked them until I bought a pair of Noble Outfitter tights and I never wore the Dublin tights again. I love my Noble Outfitters tights but I recently bought a pair of Flexars and am wearing them for the first time today. I put them on at 6am today and I've not taken them off since which is a good sign. I'm impressed with them so far.

ETA: The Dublin tights may have improved. I bought my pair a few years ago when riding tights were very much a new thing.

cauda equina

Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know their name, I just got them off the rack in my local tackshop
They're made of very thin material and have printed silicone Ds on the seat
Looking on Amazon the Performance Active ones look most similar to mine

Stenners

Visit site
The first pair of tights I bought were Dublin Cool it. I liked them until I bought a pair of Noble Outfitter tights and I never wore the Dublin tights again. I love my Noble Outfitters tights but I recently bought a pair of Flexars and am wearing them for the first time today. I put them on at 6am today and I've not taken them off since which is a good sign. I'm impressed with them so far.

ETA: The Dublin tights may have improved. I bought my pair a few years ago when riding tights were very much a new thing.
I find my Dublin ones a nightmare to get on and are sooo shiny!

Flame_

Visit site
Very old Ariats. Venturas and some fleece lined ones with full seats.

I must get a new pair of Ariats now riding tights are an available thing again here :cool:

DirectorFury

Visit site
I adore the Cavallo ones, they’re well cut, flattering, and hard wearing. There are no stockists in the UK though so you have to order direct from Cavallo in Germany which means import costs :(.
They all have phone pockets and the pocket is somehow better placed than the Noble Outfitters one - I found the NO pocket would make the phone slide up and out, whereas the Cavallo ones frequently make me forget my phone is there!

They also do winter weight ones which are fleece lined and the exterior is more softshell-y which is wind proof. I really love them!

ChiffChaff

Visit site
I got a very comfy pair for very cheap from Bridleway. Fleece lined and sticky bum. I got a small and they fit me (although I’m an 8-10 and the small is apparently 6-8)

Annagain

Visit site
I saw on Facebook over the weekend that Flexars are developing a silicon seat (as well as the normal ones not instead of) if anyone is interested in them but wants a bit of sticky.

Stenners

Visit site
I have an update! I managed to get hold of a pair of Noble Outfitters and OMG!!! They are sooooo comfy!! I've ridden in them twice so far and literally don't want to take them off!!

I am going to see if I can get another pair before the whole country sells out of them!! I am also keen to try Flexars as they've got such good reviews!