Best Riding Tights

Stenners

Visit site
I'm after recommendations as I'm new to riding tights!!

I love my Equetech or Whitaker breeches but the tights look even more comfy! I have just purchased the Dublin Cool - It Gel tights after a recommendation from a friend and have used them once and now panicking as I've read review they leave marks on the saddle (they are super sticky!) but I was a little disappointed as they aren't the easiest to get on and also quite shiny (I got them in black)! Does anyone else love these or notice they've put marks on the saddle?

I want some that aren't slippy in the saddle and ideally with a phone pocket.

Would love to hear what you'd recommend! I'm riding 2-3 times a week at the moment.

Iznurgle

Visit site
I'm very into the Horsewear Ireland ones, with a pocket on both sides and a good choice between faux suede or grippy silicone on the inner legs, but I picked up two pairs of Pepperell leggings on sale and while the pocket is a little high, they are warm, comfortable, and have a full seat.

Squeak

Visit site
Love Flexars, they haven't got silicon bits on but they're not slippery in the saddle. They're super comfortable and flattering to wear too.

pixie27

Visit site
I used to live in my Mark Todd ones. (Think I had the winter/fleece ones...) Super comfy, good pocket for phone, high-waisted, and weren't too grippy.

Annagain

Visit site
Love Flexars, they haven't got silicon bits on but they're not slippery in the saddle. They're super comfortable and flattering to wear too.
This - they have a super high waist and a really wide waistband which I find really comfy. I'm apple shaped and some of the lower cut ones a) give me a muffin top and b) work their way down but these give a really smooth line and stay put. With others, I also have the issue of anything that fits my waist being really baggy on my bum and thighs. Flexars are very stretchy so I went (on their advice)for a smaller size which fit nicely on my lower half but stretched enough to fit my tummy. My friend is pear shaped and has the opposite problem - normally anything that fits her hips gapes around her tummy - but she found the same thing - they'd stretch over her bum and hips but would still be snug on her tummy.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve got Dublin warm-it and cool-it, never noticed any marks on my saddles. Used for over two years. I’ve mostly worn the warm ones as prefer the material. They’ve got belt loops which are handy. I’ve Lost weight so they’re quite baggy round the bum now but we’re handy in the very cold spell as could fit my ski base layers easily underneath.

pixie27

Visit site
Has anyone tried the Noble Outfitters or Equetech?

Ooh yes! I completely forgot about my Noble Outfitters ones. I really like mine. Much prefer the grip (suede knees rather than silicon(?) full seat). Find them a bit on the thinner side, so I either saved them for warmer weather, or wore thermal leggings underneath in winter.

Squeak

Visit site
Ooh yes! I completely forgot about my Noble Outfitters ones. I really like mine. Much prefer the grip (suede knees rather than silicon(?) full seat). Find them a bit on the thinner side, so I either saved them for warmer weather, or wore thermal leggings underneath in winter.

I didn't like the waist on the Noble ones, I found them a bit unflattering and uncomfortable compared to the flexars and shires but a lot of people seem to rate them so maybe it's just me.

pixie27

Visit site
I didn't like the waist on the Noble ones, I found them a bit unflattering and uncomfortable compared to the flexars and shires but a lot of people seem to rate them so maybe it's just me.

That's interesting - I used to fold the waistband over on mine (so it kinda sat on my hips rather than waist), but assumed that was just me being a weird shape!

Sail_away

Visit site
Wearing my Dublin cool-its now, they’ve never left marks on my saddle and that’s quite soft leather.
Recommendations, I’ve just been given a pair of riding leggings from vivendi equestrian. They were only on my radar because they’ve got a similar name to my horse but actually the leggings are really lovely. They’re very comfy, stay in place and they’re grippy but not too much. I’ve only worn them once so I can’t say much about durability etc but they seem pretty tough.
Other than that I’ve got a nice pair from toggi, silicon seat but not as grippy as the dublins. They’ve lasted quite a while too. Ah - that’s a point about the dublins, mine are about to go at the knees. I think in aiming for cooling fabric they’ve had to sacrifice some of the strength there.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Noble Outfitters don't sell in this country anymore but do like mine. They have silicon patches on the legs but not seat so not too sticky.

I've been wearing the Horserider ones from ECW the warehouse. They look so much like the Noble ones that I wonder if they are sourced from the same factory. https://www.facebook.com/ECWthewarehouse/ There have a budget range for £20 and a more expensive for £34.99 I have these from Christmas and so far still looking brand new. https://www.horseriderclearance.com/horse-rider-modern-riding-tights-riding-breeches. They are knee grip only.

For really expensive ones, I love Cavallo breeches and tights. They have this type of grip that just the right degree of sticky which helps in emergencies without feeling too stuck to the saddle. But that's reserved when I've seen an amazing bargain on ebay or facebook and even heavily discounted they are not cheap.

jnb

Visit site
I like Flexars, Kerrits (I have the Freestyle Summer, Microcord and the Fair Isle fleece ones)
I also love the Ariat Eos (Summer) and Prevail (Winter) although the material is thinner than Kerrits for winter.
Horzehoods - contraflex are great but I sadly had to sell on my Horzehoods Airmesh Venters as they have a 3" elastic waistband and my dodgy hip got aggravated by it :(
Noble softshell tights are soooo warm and comfy for winter, but I have the same problem with the waist for their summer ones - thick elastic and my hip doesn't like it.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Noble outfitters suit me the best. I live in them. I've got two pairs, one with suede knee patches and a phone pocket on the leg, one pair with silicone horseshoe print on the knees and 5 normal pockets. Really rate them, had my pair about 3 years now used them from riding, running, hay baling the lot and they still look new

Lady Jane

Visit site
Depends what season they are for. I have Horsewear and Noble summer versions and both a great. I have the winter version of both and the Noble are much better but as you know there is limited stock in the UK. I will proably try Kerrits or Flexar next time as they seem to be getting great reviews.

jnb

Visit site
oh I forgot about Perform Equine! at £30 a pair the quality is definitely on a par with Ariat (just less branding lol)
2 phone pockets, silicon knee and wear really well, i like that the legs in the bigger sizes aren't inexplicably long

Stenners

Visit site
oh I forgot about Perform Equine! at £30 a pair the quality is definitely on a par with Ariat (just less branding lol)
2 phone pockets, silicon knee and wear really well, i like that the legs in the bigger sizes aren't inexplicably long
Ooh they look lovely but I can’t see any at £30! they all look to be £55+.