Best wet dog food

fankino04

Visit site
So having put me through hell after eating raisins my boy has finally had long enough after the event without any symptoms of any long term damage that i can finally relax again. Obviously he doesn't like me in a relaxed state coz he has now got kennel cough, he is normally fed skinners but as his throat is clearly sore i thought he would benefit from wet food but i have no idea which ones are any good, can i get some suggestions please, he is a 45kg Malamute so would like something that isn't going to cost the earth.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Tesco now does some of the higher end wet foods like Naturo, Lily's Kitchen etc. Chappie is very bland and good for sensitive stomachs but I wouldn't stand to its nutritional value for a large dog.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Zooplus do some interesting wet food brands at decent value - things like Rocco, Wolf of Wilderness, Arden Grange Partners, Lukullus, Naturediet etc.

I've used the Natures Menu tins for travelling and been really pleased with them but the cost would be extortionate as a sole diet for a large dog.

Chiffy

Visit site
My dogs say Forthglade is delicious, I think you could mix it with good kibble that is soaked and your dog wouldn't notice the kibble. It's on special offer in Morrisons.

Roxylola

Visit site
OH's picky shih tsu loves wainwrights, raw green tripe, Lily's kitchen, scrambled egg, tinned sardines, there is a tray pets at home do that is fish and potato which is good, James Wellbeloved do a wet version too.

RunToEarth

Visit site
My dogs say Forthglade is delicious, I think you could mix it with good kibble that is soaked and your dog wouldn't notice the kibble. It's on special offer in Morrisons.
I've just ordered some from Amazon so I'm glad to see a good review as I bought it a bit blind based on its ingredients.

3Beasties

Visit site
I've got forthglade for my fussy eater and also some Pure which is supposed to be nearly as good as raw.
I alternate her between the two mixed with her skinners just so she'll eat it.

She was on cheaper, lower quality tins and her pop was terrible, loose and very very smelly! It's much better now she's on some decent stuff!

Last edited:

millikins

Visit site
If you are talking tinned Chappie is supposed to be good, although it makes for really stinky farts!!

My poodle has sensitive insides due to severe worm damage as a puppy, he loves Chappie and it doesn't upset him as the posher feeds do. And it's about the cheapest on the market, his farts smell terrible whatever he eats!