Biggest riding fault?

summertoots

Visit site
Whats your biggest fault when you ride?
Feeling a bit down as I seem to be very one sided at the moment to the point it is affecting him being able to strike right canter, I am making him curl round my inside leg so much he can't strke right so he gives me left!!!! I am such a numpty and I hate getting things wrong.
mad.gif

only_me

Visit site

mine is probably my left hand. *sometimes* it has a mind of its own
tongue.gif
but i am slowly getting better
tongue.gif
and our consistency is improving
laugh.gif

but unfortuatly there is no instructor that can fix it - its all down to me
tongue.gif

MerryMaker

Visit site
The reins in my left hand, no matter which way round I am going, seem to slip through my fingers and end up longer than my right reins. I don't get it, I can't ride without gloves, but I've tried so many different types of glove and none of them have helped, and I can't work out how it's happenening!!!! Obviously it's down to my hands and not my gloves, but hmmmm how to stop...

alicep

Visit site
my left leg -it just isnt as strong as the right for some reason and i find it hard using it for long periods of time

seche

Visit site
flappy lower legs when doing long legged dressage - only curred by no stirrups and hard work... most most annoying..

dwi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The reins in my left hand, no matter which way round I am going, seem to slip through my fingers and end up longer than my right reins. I don't get it, I can't ride without gloves, but I've tried so many different types of glove and none of them have helped, and I can't work out how it's happenening!!!! Obviously it's down to my hands and not my gloves, but hmmmm how to stop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried continental reins? Working really well for me

ClareHasler

Visit site
My right hand! Always crossing it over the neck or dropping it. Keep, keep practising and just when i think i've cracked it something happens and i realise i've started again! Hey ho wouldn't life be boring if we were all perfect?

RachelB

Visit site
I grip with my legs. It bugs the hell out of me, because I end up with tight knees and heels in the air and get yelled at again and again but it STILL won't stop happening!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

xnaughtybutnicex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

mine is probably my left hand. *sometimes* it has a mind of its own
tongue.gif
but i am slowly getting better
tongue.gif
and our consistency is improving
laugh.gif

but unfortuatly there is no instructor that can fix it - its all down to me
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mine is my left hand too. carrying a schooling whip in it i feel like a plonker it just doesnt work as well as the right hand lol but TBO i dont really try very often, just ride with a shorter whip instead. I also carry my hands too low sometimes but usually only when im feeling lazy.
laugh.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If only it was him! He has talent....Im sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between you and me, I think my horse would dispute my statement anyway.
She has a harsh way with these things.
S
grin.gif

birdof1977

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
flappy lower legs when doing long legged dressage - only curred by no stirrups and hard work... most most annoying..

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I spent too many years show jumping and xc and consequently hate riding long. I grip so hard with the tops of my legs, the bottom half is just left dangeling and flapping around. My RI is forever shouting at me to keep my leg still!
Oh well!
smile.gif

mrogers

Visit site
I have the worst jumping position!!!!
shocked.gif

I'm paranoid of jabbing horse in the mouth so go to other end of spectrum and sit up and give too much rein.

I also carry my hands far too low.....think thats just me being lazy though coz i dont do it in the show ring!
tongue.gif

Penguinboots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I tip forward when asking for canter!! grr sit up!!! i blame my boobs way to big not designed for riding at all!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tip backwards!!
And another left hand-itus sufferer here too!

...if only they were my only faults though!
blush.gif

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
where do I even start
blush.gif

sticking my feet out in jumping position
pram hands
hands too low
tipping forwards
preference for left diagonal
not being quick enough to release in the contact

don't even know where to start working out which is the worse... oh dear!

Stoxx

Visit site
I don't use my gluteal muscles properly (but that is a fault for me in every aspect of my life!!) so I tend to trot with the horse and find it very hard to control my rising.
I'm working on it though. I also have/ had the left-hand-itis, I've worked very very hard on it over the years and it has improved a lot!

atot

Visit site
my heels go down too far, my hands are horrible, I tend to get behind movements therefore rush my horse into canter rather than presenting her balanced, and I collapse my upper body. A hell of a lot to work on.

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I've got loads but the main ones that I do far too often are looking down and being lazy with my hands - holding them too low. I hate looking down, it really iritates me, but I can't seem to break the habit
frown.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Seeing a stride to a fence and pushing for it instead of sitting and waiting for it to come to me. Occurs most when coming round a corner into a jump off the fence.

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
i cant seem to be able to grip my reins (i have the plaited thingy ones) i need to constantly gather my reins and that upsets tabs causing her to rush off
crazy.gif

i take my legs off and cant "hold" her with my legs when jumping and schooling causing tabs to either refuse or suddenly rush off
crazy.gif

my right leg isnt as good and bendy (if that makes any sense
confused.gif
) as my left one
and my right arm is stronger than my left
and i tip forward when i panick
and my balance isnt as good as it should be

OMG poor tabby
frown.gif
tongue.gif

dixie

Visit site
Weak lower legs and unable to keep my heels down properly. Hate doing an impression of Andrew Nicholson xc & want to be more like Lucinda Green!!
grin.gif
I say its down to my broken foot but I was like it before too.
confused.gif