Biker does 104mph past horse

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
what a total
D******D

shakingmad.gif

what i would say would be
censored.gif

my horse would have totally freaked what sort of punishments is 70 with no fine??? shame on the courts
Pathetic specimen of a man. Shame he didn't total his bike a bit further on.

I was thinking the same thing at least him and his dangerous driving would be off the rd and he might have learnt a lesson

I wonder if the rider is a member here???

Last edited:

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Yorksg - if you have never had a speeding ticket you must be in the minority..! Pretty much everyone I've even known has had one even my dad.

Regardless of the speed you were caught be it 34 in a 30 or 104 in a 60

Breaking the law is all the same..!! So unless the people ranting on here are of the few never to have had a speeding fine then maybe they should not be so judgemental - and I think it's fair to say its pretty darn clear from footage he was not passing that horse at above the speed limit. So yes he does deserve the ticket & ban as over a ton is normally a ban but he does not deserve the dramatised headline making out he was near enough responsible for hurts a kid on a horse. Poor man has been set right up..!!!

Actually, I have never had a speeding ticket :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Well If he had come off his bike it would have been his own stupid fault going double the speed limit.:mad:
And if he had written it off it would have cost him dearly in his pocket which it should have.

not for the poor rider that could have

• lost her life
  • lost her horses life.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
What an idiotic thing to say.

don't see why it was idiotic??
the bike rider was idiotic driving like that.

He had NO care about other rode users, albeit rider or car driver or cyclist.

if he had come off who's fault would it have been??? the riders? the horses???

If he had driven within the speed limit there would be no fine
no ban
no other user put at risk

Too many motorbike users take stupid risks, undertaking etc.

give the sensible law abiding motorbike users a bad name.

Bike rider . 100% at fault simples. He got off lightly.

Toast

Visit site
I hardly think, when the bike had braked and was bimbling along past at about 40, and the horse meandering aimlessly, that either rider or horse was going to die, and he was not about to bin his bike. You are missing the point...alright he'd had a blast down a long straight and was caught at 104mph... Unlucky for him. But he was no danger to the horse rider by the time he passed her.

I'd also just like to say that all those who think this biker gives other bikers a bad name... Id like you to ask any biker If they'd not taken their bike for a blast at its top speed even if just once...you'll be hard pushed to find one who hasn't.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I'd also just like to say that all those who think this biker gives other bikers a bad name... Id like you to ask any biker If they'd not taken their bike for a blast at its top speed even if just once...you'll be hard pushed to find one who hasn't.

I find this argument irrational tbh. If most of the people you know stole purses, would that make it ok? If people feel that speed limits are irrelevant/unnecessary/ too low etc, then why not campaign to get them removed, raised etc? Rather than assuming that people who get caught are 'unlucky'?

Alec Swan

Visit site
I hardly think, when the bike had braked and was bimbling along past at about 40, and the horse meandering aimlessly, that either rider or horse was going to die, and he was not about to bin his bike. You are missing the point...alright he'd had a blast down a long straight and was caught at 104mph... Unlucky for him. But he was no danger to the horse rider by the time he passed her.

A good post, but you're waisting your efforts. There are those who steadfastly stick to ignorance, and flatly refuse to see the facts, peculiar to this case, perhaps that's how they approach life. Those same people seem certain that because the DM said that the guy on the bike was doing 104, as he passed the horse, then that must be so. FFS. :D

Alec.

Toast

Visit site
A good post, but you're waisting your efforts. There are those who steadfastly stick to ignorance, and flatly refuse to see the facts, peculiar to this case, perhaps that's how they approach life. Those same people seem certain that because the DM said that the guy on the bike was doing 104, as he passed the horse, then that must be so. FFS. :D

Alec.

Too right Alec. They don't call it the daily fail for nothing ;)

YorksG

Visit site

Alec.

No ignorance, in my case. I absolutely accept that the speed of 104mph was not when he was passing the horse. However he pleaded guilty to doing that speed on a road where the limit was 60mph. I attended far too many funerals of biker friends, when I was in my twenties and thirties, to think that it is acceptable for people to ride at those speeds on public roads. Go to track days, etc if you want to do that sort of speed. There is a reason why surgeons call motorcyclists donors!

jenki13

Visit site
I am quite frankly disgusted at the replies by some individuals in this thread. Wishing someone to total their bike is pretty much wishing them dead.

I think the rider was stupid for going 104mph on a road, go on a track day... it's not worth getting a fine/ban for. He deserves the fine/ban he got for his speeding.

There was NO WAY that he was doing 104mph when passing that rider though!

He doesn't deserve the bad press that has come about from it regarding him passing the horse.

Also "country road" it's a wide 2-lane highway!! I ride around real "country roads" they are pretty much single track lanes and I've had people come past me at 10-15mph where possible. I've even had lorries come past me (slowly) where I could reach out and them "OMG" :rolleyes: my horse has been trained to behave because it has to be done as I don't expect the rest of the world to stop because I am on the road.

YorksG

Visit site
I'm not saying it makes it okay, but what I am saying is the reality is that everyone does it. I don't think you can compare it to stealing purses... It's a completely different ball game.

No not everyone does it, I think you can compare two different laws being broken quite efectively, it appears that you believe it is ok to break one law 'because everybody does it' (and presumably because you do) qand not another because not everyone does it, and you don't.

Ventus

Visit site
70 day ban!? He should of been giving a heftier sentence alone - never mind the fact he was doing that speed past a horse :mad: What a sensible and well mannered horse to have not reacted although I personally would of wore Hi-Viz, never leave the yard without it now.

fburton

Visit site
The film was obviously shot with a long focal length lens, with the motorbike coming towards the camera. Judging speeds accurately with such a foreshortened view is notoriously difficult - even with distance markers present it's hard and requires great precision.

That said, I would be surprised if the speed at the time it was apparently clocked was correct, simply because a motorbike rider would not be sitting in that upright position at 104mph.

OFG

Visit site
Yes I have, including the poster who claimed that the biker was innocent and that the police had stitched him up.

I didn't claim the biker was innocent I just pointed out that there was no way the bike passed the horse / rider at 104mph as reported.

But then I have read your other comments and can see that you are very blinkered in the way you think so therefore the DM and the Police are completley 100% correct and in the right and the rest of us who have viewed the video are wrong :rolleyes:

YorksG

Visit site
I didn't claim the biker was innocent I just pointed out that there was no way the bike passed the horse / rider at 104mph as reported.

But then I have read your other comments and can see that you are very blinkered in the way you think so therefore the DM and the Police are completley 100% correct and in the right and the rest of us who have viewed the video are wrong :rolleyes:

According to you, the police are wrong, the court was wrong, even the biker was wrong as he pleaded guilty! Only you are right, I shall refrain from answering any more of your posts, as obviously anyone who does not agree with you is blinkered and narrow minded. Not terms that are often used about me, but there you go.

Jesstickle

Visit site
FWIW YorksG I completely get where you're coming from, what you're saying seems completely rational to me. :confused:

I think as many people are failing to read what you've written as are failing to see the DM for what it is.

O, and I've also never had a speeding ticket either. It's not like there aren't people out there that don't speed...

Merrymoles

Visit site
I hadn't seen the video when I made the original post but I do agree that the biker appears to have sat up and slowed as he passed the horse. I don't live far from this location but even nearer to a location which attracts thousands of bikers every weekend. My own experience of bikes passing horses has been one of general courtesy and consideration - I think many bikers recognise that riders are vulnerable road users, just as they are.

I certainly understand the thrill of motorcycling and how some get carried away - come from a family of bikers and am a big MotoGP fan myself. However, my hope for the outcome of this case (and partly my reason for posting it) is that it will encourage those who "take their brains out" on the road to think again. I think some bikers do imagine that the only people they will hurt by doing silly speeds is themselves but this case underlines that the truth can be very different.

I think that, rather than the rights and wrongs of this particular case, what is important is that, if it raises the thought in one person's mind that they might come across a horse while they are speeding, it has done a job in raising awareness.

YorksG

Visit site
FWIW YorksG I completely get where you're coming from, what you're saying seems completely rational to me. :confused:

I think as many people are failing to read what you've written as are failing to see the DM for what it is.

O, and I've also never had a speeding ticket either. It's not like there aren't people out there that don't speed...

Thank you jesstickle, I was beginning to think that I was posting in a language no-one else understood! :D

fburton

Visit site
I hadn't seen the video when I made the original post but I do agree that the biker appears to have sat up and slowed as he passed the horse.
Slowed to 104mph, or from 104mph? The latter seems rather more likely, doesn't it!?

I think that, rather than the rights and wrongs of this particular case, what is important is that, if it raises the thought in one person's mind that they might come across a horse while they are speeding, it has done a job in raising awareness.
Amen!