Blair

MagicMelon

Visit site
Going to spectate Friday, will try to stop by and say hi, sadly as much as Id love a new saddle I got fired last month from my job so no money to spare! Good luck, hope it goes well for you! Think weather will be ok... hope so! Ive heard you should take loads of midge repellent!

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yet another year, and me not going. I've lived in Scotland since 2007.

One of these days.... I just can't be a*rsed driving up the A9 and dealing with crowds/parking chaos/the utter sh*tshow that is the A9 in the summer.

holeymoley

Visit site
The A9 is okay if you hit the right times.

Not impressed with the prices- £15 entry today and tomorrow then whacked up Saturday to £32 or something like that. Suppose Saturday bound to be the busier day but really o_O:D

Caol Ila

Visit site
I think 0300 is the right time to be on the A9 in the summer.

Some friends are up there today. If I can get in touch with them, I might ask them to peruse trade stands for a bit for Hermosa.

Chappie

Visit site
I'm going on Saturday with some others from my yard - we're glad the forecast seems decent!
We usually go on Fridays, which are of course not as busy as the Saturdays, but we are arriving early so hope to get a nice spot to sit. Looking forward to it, I don't go to many events! I don't anticipate lots of bargains in the stalls but that's ok, I don't have much put by for shopping this year. Always happy for the chance to go and see so many magnificent horses!
Hope y'all going have a great time.

luckyoldme

Visit site
Yet another year, and me not going. I've lived in Scotland since 2007.

One of these days.... I just can't be a*rsed driving up the A9 and dealing with crowds/parking chaos/the utter sh*tshow that is the A9 in the summer.
It was very very quiet heading North tonight..not so quiet heading South.

MagicMelon

Visit site
There was a bad crash at Dalwhinnie. Not sure when the road reopened but there were diversions :(

It was a nightmare Friday with the crash, it was closed at 1.30 which we didnt know so we left Blair at 3.30ish. Sitting in the jam took 1.5 hours and we were some of the first to be directed onwards as they were reopening the road. That took another 30 mins... Glad there werent too many horse lorries/trailers at that time of day.

What did everyone think of Blair this year?

holeymoley

Visit site
It was a nightmare Friday with the crash, it was closed at 1.30 which we didnt know so we left Blair at 3.30ish. Sitting in the jam took 1.5 hours and we were some of the first to be directed onwards as they were reopening the road. That took another 30 mins... Glad there werent too many horse lorries/trailers at that time of day.

What did everyone think of Blair this year?

We enjoyed it. It was insanely warm today. Can’t say I thought much of the shopping- all very samey. I was on the hunt for a new pair of long riding boots and yard boots for the Winter and succeeded with neither. I also went to get a tub of the maxima treats and there were only 3 choices left when I went back to get them so a bit disappointed about that. However we enjoyed the atmosphere and glad to be part of it. Also over 1hour from Blair to Perth roundabout this afternoon ?