blue eyed horses, what do you all think??

SKY

Visit site
i actually love them, i find people use this as a fault to get them cheaper which really bugs me. i really love them, i have a few horses with blue eyes, didnt buy them because of this they are great horses just happen to have blue eyes and i have one with 2 stunning blue eyes, she is really stunning, she looks like she has black eye liner all round eyes and white eye shadow around eye, so unusally, i love the bones of her.

just wondering what you all truely think and not just what society makes you feel about them. open to all thoughts as a free world, i just love them, and wonder what you all think, so good and bad welcome.

SKY

Visit site
this is sky show name ( early edition as born a month early. love the bones of her.
picture.php
[/IMG]

Enfys

Visit site
They aren't cheaper here :) especially if the blue comes with really loud Paint markings.

As for what other people/society think about what I do, say or buy - I'm old, I don't care ;)

It wouldn't stop me buying a horse anymore than anything else would, as long as it can see it makes no difference. Like anything though, some people like and some don't, I don't like the colour bay, but it doesn't stop me buying them if they do the job.

SKY

Visit site
here if you sell one with a blue eye, people are like, ah stunning horse great confirmation, pitty bout the blue eye, as if for some reason because he/she has a blue eye they arent worth as much no matter how well bred, marked, conformation and what they have done,blue eyes here is always put down. i hear so many times at sales in northern ireland. also get people saying, pitty bout the blue eye but if you lower the price might be interested, that is always said around here. i love them , its a bonus if horse is great and has blue eyes i love it.

intouch

Visit site
My first pony was a bay with a white face and 2 blue eyes so I suppose to some degree it's what you're used to, I love them, specially blue eyed cream connies.

Montyforever

Visit site
Not a fan, but they are stunning :) I love Honeys huuuuge big brown eyes, and her ability to make them go all wide and fluttery eyelash'ed when she wants somthing :rolleyes:

4506_1154541578268_1069542624_462060_6760863_n.jpg

Pally

Visit site
I love them, first pony I fell in love with was a little welsh cream with lovely blue eyes.
My husband doesn't like them at all, he would say they are his least favourite.

I recently fell in love with a Cream/Pearl Andalusian stallion, he had the most amazing and unusual GREEN eyes, I would have bought him but could not find anywhere anywhere to keep him. He is the only horse I have ever seen with Green eyes.

Capriole

Visit site
i dont like them.

its not something I would go looking for in a horse, ie must have blue eyes, but i dont think it would stop me buying a horse if it was otherwise perfect apart from having blue eyes.
but ive never been to look at a horse for sale wit blue eyes, so thats just hypothetical.

but no, i dont like the way they look

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My lad has one but am quite glad it's not on the showing side. I wouldn't set out to buy a blue eyed horse and I do prefer his brown one but I bought him because he's a damned good horse, not because of his eye colour.

TheoryX1

Visit site
Not my cup of tea, nor are white noses, or faces with lots of white on them (sorry to post above me,am not saying its wrong, just not personal taste). Add to that roan or cremello colouring (sorry again), and you will have me walking away.

lindsayH

Visit site
I like them so much I have two!

Minty, cremello connie mare-

P6020482-Copy.jpg

And China, cremello PBA gelding-

chinashow0001-Copy.jpg

It's funny, even I don't think cremellos are the most attractive horses in the world but there is something about their blue eyes I really love. I think something about them makes their expression easier to read. Anyway, I think they're great!

Enfys, I love that mare. She's the one who had that gorgeous colt foal this year isn't she?

Kafrin, love yours too!

Enfys

Visit site
Enfys, I love that mare. She's the one who had that gorgeous colt foal this year isn't she?

QUOTE]

Thankyou, I like her too, not the prettiest, but a good Paint, built like a Sherman tank with the turning circle of a cruise liner, love her.

Re Foal, yep, she's the one (hoping for a clone next April) the colt's eyes still haven't changed, they aren't blue, or brown, rather almost green, never had a colt that took so long to go brown.

trendybraincell

Visit site
It depends...as a general I don't really like them, but I used to groom a horse when I was about 13 who had blue eyes. He was jet black with 4 white socks, a blaze and blue eyes...I still think he was the most stunning horse I've ever seen!

Katikins

Visit site
Ick ick ick ick ick!!! Really don't like wall eyes (do people not call them that anymore), though I'd hope that I'm a big enough girl that it wouldn't make a difference when it came to buying. Though it would take a LOT to get me to got and see a cremello, REALLY don't like them.

JoannaC

Visit site
When I was a child we went to see a pony for my brother and I to share. I didn't want him cause I thought he was ugly, cremello with blue eyes. Anyway parents bought him despite my whinging and he was a fabulous pony and now I quite like them. I like them better on bays and coloureds though, think they look quite striking.