blue eyed horses, what do you all think??

berry

Visit site
My friend has 4 blued eyed horses. Two cremellos, one 3 yr old perlino tobiano colt who is for sale and one 7 yr old cremello tobiano mare who is also for sale.

creamsoda

Visit site
I love our blue eyed cremello mare and we always get lots of comments about her at shows. However a lot of judges dont seem to understand her, my daughter has been asked if the pony could see!!!!!!! :)

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
i've been told that blue eyes are weaker than normal horse eyes, though i've never had any proof of that and it's probably a load of codswallop!

possibly in the same league as the old 'one white sock...' wish wash

can't say i particularly care myself, it would depend on the individual horse

holt889

Visit site
Not really been that keen on them before but have just recently bought a yearling with amazing blue eyes...makes him really unique I think ..or a freak !! I bought him because of his amazing temperament and plan to have him for life so would have had him whatever colour eyes he had !! He's on my profile pic...he is named Mickey Bright Eyes !!

jodie3

Visit site
Not for me - they give me the creeps..........

I agree with this, in fact I think I would go so far as to say that I wouldn't buy a horse with a blue/wall eye. I was offered one on loan recently I turned down because of his blue eye.

I don't like dogs with them either.

But I'm sure there are things I like that others don't so no offence meant to anyone!

mytwofriends

Visit site
I've never really thought about it as none of mine have ever had blue eyes.

Come to think of it though, I'd probably say no given the choice, as I love liquid brown eyes, preferably with long lashes!

;)

dominobrown

Visit site
I know of a very nice WBxTB coloured horse with one blue, one half blue. He is 2yr old, very good confo and mover etc, though some judges seem to hate it, although some don't mind and he done well in a few youngstock classes.
p.s Its not my horses, I am not selling ,though I would olve to buy him as he would make a VERY flashy show jumper!

Enfys

Visit site
i've been told that blue eyes are weaker than normal horse eyes, though i've never had any proof of that and it's probably a load of codswallop!

I have never found that, but I haven't had that many. the only horse I've had with eye problems had bog standard brown eyes.

The one thing with blue eyed horses is that they often have a lot of pink skin, that IS a right royal pain in the butt for sunburn prevention.

Kallibear

Visit site
Like them on some horses, on others that just look ugly. Seems to depends on their head and their face markings.

I have an almost blue eyed horse: he as a quarter blue eye on one side :eek: - I'm actually suprised he doesn't have totally blue eyes due his colouring:

piperpony048.jpg

dumpling

Visit site
I'd say it depends on the colouring of the horse. They probably suit piebalds better. Maybe I'm just one sided because my boy is piebald with 1 full blue eye and 1 half blue eye! I think they're lovely and have never had a bad comment about them.

A wall eye, is not a blue eye, it's an eye that's too big for the socket, and therefore shows more of the white of the eye, which gives the horse a constant scared look.

Kallibear

Visit site
A wall eye, is not a blue eye, it's an eye that's too big for the socket, and therefore shows more of the white of the eye, which gives the horse a constant scared look.

That's not what I've heard - as far as I know, it's called 'wall eye' because in the olden days, when coloured horses (and the wall eyes that often go with them) were considered poor quality gyspy horses, anyone selling a horse with a blue eye would try and make sure it was shown with it's blue eye against the wall, esp in trot up, so it was less obvious.

Maisy

Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of them, but my mare has one, so clearly it wouldnt put me off buying a horse!

I love huge, black eyes, where you can't see any white at all.......

SKY

Visit site
i heard a true piebald/skewbald (coloured ) horse has blue eyes.
i know it was just a saying i heard but since i love them i agree, although love brown eyes too. just hate where i live they want the horse for half the price because "ah its great horse pitty bout the eyes, will take it if you lower the price", have heard this so many times. you either like it or dont so price shouldnt matter.
i just love them

tedster

Visit site
I dont really like them , but wouldnt be put off buying if a horse/pony had them... we have had one Welsh D mare who was Black and had blue eyes.. and my friend now has a piebald cob who is the best pony ever he has two blue eyes and I was a bit like YUK at first but I actually dont mind them now :)

Dopey~Danone

Visit site
euuurrrgh! :(
They just creep me out, Im not sure what it is about them, but I can never trust a horse with blue eyes, especially cremellos!

:( its making me shudder just thinking about it!

euurrgh!!! :(:( ;)

Pipkin

Visit site
I`m a fan :)

Wall eyes and blue eyes are different, A pale blue eye is a wall eye, its where there is a lack of pigmentation... a darker blue is just a blue:)

smellsofhorse

Visit site
My sisters horse was cremello so had two very blue eyes.
As he had pink skin some people didnt like the look of him.
Basically an albino person.

He was a great horse though

Very sadly missed
:-(

smellsofhorse

Visit site

SKY

Visit site
this is my girl sky (early edition) lovely blue eye, looks like she has black eye liner and white eye shadow on it. i love them, both eyes that seem.

picture.php
[/IMG]