Body protector help, please

Leg_end

Visit site
I've had a racesafe and a KAN and really rate them both but I have to say I've been really impressed with the KAN. It's far more streamlined so fits right in to the small in your back (which the racesafe doesn't really) and so I find I have a bit more flexibility in my movement which I was very surprised at as the racesafe feels far more flexible. The technology in the KAN is also brilliant and means its a longer term investment than a normal BP.

It's definitely horses for courses though so I would try some on :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Kan. fantastic level of protection and very comfy. i forget i have mine on, have gotten in the car with it on a few times before now, never done that in any other bp.
the side panels (below your armpits) slide over each other to allow you to breathe really deeply, so there is quite a lot of automatic adjustment. Wendy will swap panels etc too if you go down a whole size.

Do you know the people who make them K? Can you ask them to make them for people with bigger boobs? I'd love one but they just don't exist :(

ETS: Do they do a made to measure service if you go direct?

Jesstickle

Visit site
Ha! Not offended at all. :p And yes please to giving it a go, that would be fab. :) Perhaps I could collect it from you over the weekend?

I do want to come to Ely, although I really need to jump him a bit before then as aside from me being uber rusty he is going to be uber keen! As my dressage instructor said last week, I am going to get launched! :eek:

No problem. Collect whenever you want. I'm out dressaging Saturday day but that's all I've got on. We have some unwanted visitors at the yard atm (deep and abiding joy!) so understand if you don't want to visit us there :eek: and I can meet you somewhere else or bring it to you or whatever. The only thing I ask is that I can collect it before next Sunday as I shall want it for hunter trialling at Tetworth.

Come to Ely, come to Ely, come to Ely. You know you want to :D:D

kerilli

Visit site
Do you know the people who make them K? Can you ask them to make them for people with bigger boobs? I'd love one but they just don't exist :(

ETS: Do they do a made to measure service if you go direct?

Wendy does them all made-to-measure based on your exact measurements, give her a call.
She does 2 styles, the most popular flatter more streamlined one, for those of us with a flat chest or who don't mind being a little squished into a bp, and also a much more curvy chested one.

measles, she wants to do a men's version, and i am sure there would be a big demand (i've already heard that some American eventing guys want one) but afaik the cost of setting up the moulds for the male version (totally different shaped chest etc, obviously!) has to be borne by profit from the sales of the female version.
they really are incredibly protective though, some new testing has brought excellent (but not surprising) results, i don't think they're public yet though.

Puppy

Visit site
No problem. Collect whenever you want. I'm out dressaging Saturday day but that's all I've got on. We have some unwanted visitors at the yard atm (deep and abiding joy!) so understand if you don't want to visit us there :eek: and I can meet you somewhere else or bring it to you or whatever. The only thing I ask is that I can collect it before next Sunday as I shall want it for hunter trialling at Tetworth.

Come to Ely, come to Ely, come to Ely. You know you want to :D:D

Oh dear. Come to think of it I think I did clock the caravans as I drove past yesterday. It wouldn't bother me about calling in though, so if you're around on Sunday I might catch you then. I'm going to the P2P on Sunday, btw, if you are thinking of going? :)

Ely - Hmmm, I shall put the Dunbo over a pole before I say yes or no!! :p

dafthoss

Visit site
Come to ely puppy :D We can both be on yellow ponies in the warm up :D.

I tried on a kan but it didnt suit my shape :( It dug in at the waist and the next size was far to big, the joys of looking like a child still :rolleyes:. Might be tempted by one in a few years though when my racesafe needs replacing and if we ever make it up to big xc fences if I could get one to fit. Does any one know if they do them with a less obvious waist?

kerilli

Visit site
Does any one know if they do them with a less obvious waist?

I'm not sure, Wendy is the expert fitter obviously. The curve into the back of the rear panel is quite pronounced (i love it) but I'm pretty sure she can use panels of different sizes and shorten them if necessary to get the waist in the right place... she does a size small enough for older children iirc, i'm not positive though.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies so far :)

Another possibly dumb question, but since getting riding again I am pleased to say that I am starting to lose a few lbs. If I get one fitted to me (of any brand) can it be re-adjusted if I continue to lose weight? :confused:

I really need to lose another 1.5 stone :eek:

I asked Wendy at Kan the same question re. losing weight (didn't want to pay so much and then have to buy another one!). She said the Kan can be adjusted :D. I'd check with her to be sure I understood right :cool:

Jesstickle

Visit site
Wendy does them all made-to-measure based on your exact measurements, give her a call.
She does 2 styles, the most popular flatter more streamlined one, for those of us with a flat chest or who don't mind being a little squished into a bp, and also a much more curvy chested one.

Thanks K. I'd be very squashed in the flatter one and pretty blooming squashed in the normal 'big chested' sizes :eek: They're meant to cater for people up to an E cup and I'm a G ( so would only have to squash them enough to go down three bra sizes :rolleyes: to get into a normal one) and a size 12 so when I tried on the standard sort of sized ones at Burghley they were no way near fitting. I know I'm a bit of an oddball though so no criticism on the product at all. I doubt too many people are the same shape I am

I_A_P

Visit site
I would try as many on as you can. I tried a Kan and had it a few weeks and had to send ti back. I felt it was to robust for me and quite heavy.

I went to badminton last year and tried on a racesafe (which i thought i would love) and then the Rodney Powell. Had not even thought about getting a RP as thats what my existing one is and had ruled it out as not keen on it. I bought a Rodeny Powell in the end as it was comfiest and so much better than my old version

Jesstickle

Visit site
I'm an F cup and a size 10 and my chest has plenty of room in my Kan, not squashed at all! I do however look like Madonna in her cone bra :D

P'raps there's hope for me. Only have to squash myself a couple more sizes from where you're at then. I haven't ever noticed the cone bra effect in your pictures, I'll look more carefully in future!