Boggle’s comeback

Michen

Visit site
Well it’s pretty damn embarrassing because I don’t think there’s a single fence I keep my mouth shut but hey ho, if anyone wants to watch the coolest little horse nipping around an XC as if he’d never been away then here he is...

[video]
[\video]

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
That looked brilliant!

If it makes you feel better, I once even made them commentary when I was verbally encouraging the horse round a course :eek:. It was a reluctant horse, so I was cheering him on even before the fence, then again afterwards. o_O

Roxylola

Visit site
There were 3 for definite you were quiet - 2, the one before the water, and the drop ?
I think its great - so many of my jumping photos are me pulling awful faces because I'm mid way through a good boy.

Michen

Visit site
There were 3 for definite you were quiet - 2, the one before the water, and the drop ?
I think its great - so many of my jumping photos are me pulling awful faces because I'm mid way through a good boy.

Oh yeah super quiet at those ones, ha! I fully expected him to put an extra stride in before the water and it felt like I got launched into space but looking at it, clearly not ha!

Michen

Visit site
That looked brilliant!

If it makes you feel better, I once even made them commentary when I was verbally encouraging the horse round a course :eek:. It was a reluctant horse, so I was cheering him on even before the fence, then again afterwards. o_O

I had that at my first ever BE with Basil, the commentatory was laughing as I was going round...

Still I reckon they appreciate it ;)

Cragrat

Visit site
That was so fantastic to watch! I love how enthusiastic he is - and I love hearing you praise him. He clearly appreciates it, and you have a great parnership. I wish more riders would praise their horses, especially when the horse has made a particular effort.(physically or mentally)

Bernster

Visit site

Me too! I’m so vocal it’s ridiculous. No wonder I’m out of puff at the end, or that’s what I tell myself (unfit!). I ‘good boy’ our way around every xc course.

loved the video. Super partnership!

Skib

sites.google.com
Me too! I’m so vocal it’s ridiculous. No wonder I’m out of puff at the end, or that’s what I tell myself (unfit!). I ‘good boy’ our way around every xc course.

May be a silly question from a devoted hacker. But when I speak to the horses I ride, they turn their ears round towards me. Wouldnt that slow down a horse and divert attention from the jump ahead?

Bernster

Visit site
May be a silly question from a devoted hacker. But when I speak to the horses I ride, they turn their ears round towards me. Wouldnt that slow down a horse and divert attention from the jump ahead?

No idea! But I suspect horses are pretty capable of listening to my drivel and jumping at the same time. I follow the Michen school of performance - it’s over and after the fence, not before it ?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
That was fantastic! Great video.

He looks like such a super little horse.

I can also be a talker, but based off of other people's helmet cam footage, others are too! Some even sing ? I think talking can reassure and boost confidence in both horse and rider.

Michen

Visit site
Thank you! He is just so much fun, I don't think there's a horse with a more cheerful disposition going around an XC :D

He's extremely pleased with himself even now! It's funny how the dynamics have changed over the years, when I first got him he was incredibly needy and clingy, almost like a dog. Now he knows that it's me who worships him!

Doesn't mean he doesn't still get the odd crack on his arse when he's being a tit out hacking though.