Bolting at the mount & dismount. HELP!

zaminda

Visit site
Firstly, have you spoken to anyone who knew him when he was racing? This would help to know if it was historic. I have come across a couple who are fine, as long as you don't ask them to stand.
Secondly, ulcers, I would always check them for staying clear several times post treatment following hard won experience of reoccurance due to underlying pain issues, or a food intolerance.
Thirdly, the mounting from the ground by the cowboy. I have had success doing this with a very cold backed horse, who would sometimes bolt when mounted either from a mounting block or a leg up. It seemed once he was happy for me to hop on, he was ready to be mounted. I rode him at a dealers, and have no idea what happened to him long term. The people who bought him were told though!
I would also just go straight to the hospital, having had the visit then referral many times I skip straight to the organ grinder now.
Good luck, don't be surprised if it does turn out to be saddle, one of my friends horses is incredibly sensitive if it doesn't fit just how she likes!

Visit site
Firstly, have you spoken to anyone who knew him when he was racing? This would help to know if it was historic. I have come across a couple who are fine, as long as you don't ask them to stand.
Secondly, ulcers, I would always check them for staying clear several times post treatment following hard won experience of reoccurance due to underlying pain issues, or a food intolerance.
Thirdly, the mounting from the ground by the cowboy. I have had success doing this with a very cold backed horse, who would sometimes bolt when mounted either from a mounting block or a leg up. It seemed once he was happy for me to hop on, he was ready to be mounted. I rode him at a dealers, and have no idea what happened to him long term. The people who bought him were told though!
I would also just go straight to the hospital, having had the visit then referral many times I skip straight to the organ grinder now.
Good luck, don't be surprised if it does turn out to be saddle, one of my friends horses is incredibly sensitive if it doesn't fit just how she likes!

Thanks! All of this is very helpful. You know, I haven't spoken with any of his track connections, but it did cross my mind. I'll see who still has a contact and see if they can give me a little more information on him. I know both his owner and breeder have passed away.

Recurring, I'm seeing to re-check for ulcers. I'll definitely do that. It would not surprise me in the least if that was still an issue. We saw great results when we treated him the first time, but they were meannnnn looking so I have a feeling they could be back even with the adjusted diet.