Bomb proof coloured cob, no real interest why?

Sparklet

Visit site
I think he looks lovely and he isnt even my type of horse so that's a huge compliment.

I dont have any problem with people bringing on youngsters, particularly his type....solid, strong, well put together types. It stops the breaking process being such a shock if they are brought on slowly.

He certainly doesnt look like his is struggling with the jump and the rider looks very competant (is it you DC?)

I would reword the advert a bit though....I would describe his tempermanent and how he has accepted quitely everything that has been asked of him. Dont describe him as bombproof but outline his potential based upon what he has done so far.

It just feels like a contradiction saying three and bombproof but you will be honest if you say he has the makings of a fantastic bombproof ride because of his temperament.

Weezy

Visit site
If he were 13hh-13.2hh I would bite your hand off
frown.gif

Daisychain

Visit site
Yes that is me riding him lol! In the actual advert i dont describe him as being bombproof, it was more to explain to you lot! (as in my opinion he is, well he is with me!)

Wheezy... either everyone keeps saying if only he was 15.2hh and now you wanting a 13.2hh lol!

I do take everyones comments on board, and appreciate them. thanks.

If he doesnt sell off this advert in horsemart, then he will come out again next year, thats fine by me, i only really tried now as i need funds towards a new neddy for myself due to my competition horse having navicular.
frown.gif

rockysmum

Visit site
If I was looking for another coloured cob I wouldn't really be interested in whether it jumped or did pleasure rides and at 3 wouldn't expect bombproof as you know they will go through the teenage problems later anyway.

I would be looking at whether it was CHAPS/BSPA registered and whether it had done anything showing in hand.

I think if you want a really good price for a coloured cob you need that.

Otherwise its just another happy hacker as lets be honest its never likely to make a great showjumper/eventer etc.

Just my opinion.

At 3 I would be happy if it was backed and hacked a bit.

Tinypony

Visit site
I think you've wandered a long way from the original question, which is about why your advert isn't attracting interest. It doesn't matter what clarification you've given here about his level of work, or how "professional" you are, people were just telling you what they thought when they read the ad.
I thought "3 yr old... bomproof... yeah right. Not sure I like the idea of him having done so much jumping... Not CHAPS registered... Bit expensive..."
That's just me responding to the ad, bearing in mind that your prospective buyers will be scanning your ad along with loads of others. If it was me I wouldn't ring up about him, because there are others older that would interest me more. So maybe re-wording the ad might help.

Patches

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
no, P.....Hannah wants a full-up 14.2 NF.....

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That she does, that she does.

Holiday in Somerset next year?
grin.gif

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Sounds like you'd be better keeping hold of him and trying again in the spring. Hopefully then you should get more interest and be able to pick where he goes. Good luck he looks a smasher.

Chunkie

Visit site
I think he's a super looking horse, just my type and if I were looking I would be interested.

However, he is well over-priced - he should be around £2,000 in my ever so humble opinion. Whilst I don't think that the work he has done is an issue, as a seller I would not be advertising a 3 yr old as bombproof, and as a buyer would be wary of any advert making that claim of a horse so young and inexperienced.

Having said that, if I was looking and if he was advertised at £2000 I would probably come and see him (with a view to offering you £1800 for him).

Lovely horse though
smile.gif

Daisychain

Visit site
Can i say once again.... In the actual advert which someone has given a link for in first page, i havent actually stated he is bombproof.... just for reference here! Fair enough on price, hence i put ono on advert.

And can i repeat once again... he has done very little jumping just popping things on fun rides! He has done no strenuios grid work or anything like that, nothing over about 2ft 3 max.

He toddles around on a fun ride...

isabella

Visit site
i bought my mare rising 4 yo shes 14hh and was advertised for £1800 and i bought her for £1200 shes as safe as houses and has always been that way we had her 5 stage vetted and blood tested as we thought she was drugged up she was that quite so i understand what people mean about being bombproof and the age thing as i thought she was too good to be true at that age. My mare had only been lightly schooled and her canter wasn't quite established she had been hacked out and done a few in hand shows but that was about it to be honest and i turned her away as soon as i bought her and it was around this time of year (november to be exact) horses don't sell for that much going into winter id try again next year.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Personally I think lack of interest in back to that old classic: time of the year.

Before 'le Credit Crunch', people seemed to be happy to buy a horse at any time of the year, but I think now, people are thinking a lot more about the costs of keeping a horse through the winter, and the fact that, unless you're on a yard with a floodlit school, or you don't work during daylight hours, you can't keep your youngster in a decent level of work to make buying one worthwhile.

I've always had it in my head to buy a horse between Jan and August, but at no time in between, for the above reason.

I bet you get loads of interest after Christmas!!

skewby

Visit site
QR

Sorry you're not getting much interest love! Having seen him myself, cool as, after his first fun ride (when a similar 11yo coloured had to have a bloody hard smack just to stand still at the lorry further up the field
laugh.gif
), I do think he's a bit special.

I have no idea what's wrong with your ad, it looks great to me. But if it's not getting the lookers in, then noone's falling in love!

He is also that other rare thing; a nicely put together coloured (no insult to anyone - I have a very badly put together Stow Fair job, but we manage
smile.gif
). I wonder how you can word the advert so that people who know what they are doing will prick up their ears? As you say, you do not want to sell him to the 'can barely ride so a vanner will do me' brigade.

Probably you would be quids in if you turn him away until he's 4, then readvertise. Is that possible?

Failing that he will probably go by word of mouth - I'm working on it in Glos
smile.gif

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
QR When I bought my 4YO he had been hunting in Ireland and he never suffered at all for it and was about as bombproof as they come!

I think he looks gorgeous. I have a feeling his age and the time of year are probably the problem. If you need to sell him now then you will probably need to drop the price. If you are happy to hang on to him until the Spring and sell him as a 4yo then the price sounds about right.

Good luck!

Daisychain

Visit site
Thanks Skewb! You have seen him and you know what he is like! But i do actually think he may go through word of mouth at some stage... I actually have someone very interested but they need to sell their house, so could be a wait!

Im cetainly not giving him away, because he is special and gorgeous to ride, so if thats the case he can sit in my field and be someones loss lol!

He will be turned away, and i will start some riding club stuff with him in spring and go from there, and tbh i am very attached to him!

Tinypony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And can i repeat once again... he has done very little jumping just popping things on fun rides! He has done no strenuios grid work or anything like that, nothing over about 2ft 3 max.

He toddles around on a fun ride...

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point again.
grin.gif
It doesn't say that in your advert. Forget everything you'd typed here to clarify things for people, it's your advert that prospective buyers are reading.

lannerch

Visit site
Agree totally

If I just read the advert, as lovely looking as he is, I would be very worried he had done too much probably enough to dismiss the advert immediately.

However if I had read the advert then read all your comments on here I would be very interested!

Sure in the spring he will go like hotcakes.

good luck in finding him a lovely home.