tea or coffee

• Total voters

RunToEarth

Visit site
For part of my C/W im afraid people, sorry
smile.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
Boot for : XC, SJ, sometimes hacking, most of the time hunting, polo.

Bandage for : schooling sometimes/schooling whilst competing, polo.

laugh.gif
hope that helps

LauraBR

Visit site
For me it depends on the horse. My current ned is pretty good with where he puts his feet so I only boot for jumping (and even then not if we are only playing about over little ones), xc and hunting. Occassionally boot for hacking but only if I know it's going to be a exciting hack (I boot for the beach for example).

I haven't the time to mess on with bandages in all honesty.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Don't wear boots for anything, can't get any big enough their tree trunks!
Don't bandage at the moment but will when I start driving them as pairs as its easier for them to knock themselves and each other. So voted that I bandage for driving.

sevenoceans

Visit site
Buck used to wear boots all the time but now it was causing problems to his skin so i have managed to ride him without causing sores on fetlocks and only use boots for hunting.

kerrylou123

Visit site
i usually bandage for schooling, but it depends if im being really lazy, which at the moment, seems to be 99.9% of the time! I always boot for xc and sj, and hacking (im a big fan of knee boots).
If i use bandages, i have to have colour co-ordinated saddle cloth and bandages! Using aqua coloured ones at the moment, but they look quite good on my black mare.

princesskelly

Visit site
i have to always use brushing boots behind because she jog's and cross's her legs. she has boots on front when i hack and jump. she never used to but she's old lady now and had a few problems in the past.

allijudd

Visit site
i dont tend to boot or bandage but i do boot (brushing) on romes for jumping...

rowan doesnt need anything...

if they were poorly or on box rest or travelling i would bandage...romes thinks hes poorly when bandaged..we have tried schooling him with exercise bandages and he can hardly walk.....

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I don't hunt & don't do polo. I boot for everything else & additionally knee boot for hacking. I've seen the damage done by a horse falling to his knees on tarmac/concrete. The only time I bandage is his tail for travelling...bandages are too much hassle.
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Don't boot or bandage for anything. The one time I did try and boot it all went horribly wrong so decided we were better off without them. As we go higher I may change my mind though.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Storm & Missy wear bandages in front and boots behind for:
Hacking
Schooling on the flat
Schooling over fences (when we compete we wear tendon and fetlock boots)
Full set of boots for hunting

MillionDollar

Visit site
I don't ever bandage, always use boots.

Also it depends on the breed- my Warmblood always wears boots, but my cob who has huge feathers never wears boots or bandages! Also my NFs only wear boots when i'm driving them or are doing XC.

Molineux

Visit site
For hacking I would just put some front ones on, however that would be if my horse only brushes in front.

And the same for Showjumping.

If I was going XC then I would put boots on all 4 just for protection more than anything and the same for hunting.

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
A bit overkill, but for polox i boot and bandage. Polo bandages all round with tendon boots over the top in front, and pro choice skid boots on the back.
Alternatively i bandage all round with prolite impact pads underneath.
For fast fitness work they go out with a minimum of front bandages or SMBs.

For anything else i tend not to boot or bandage unless it's young and hasn't got too much coordination, (first time xc etc.)

I'm considering stretch and flex boots (compromise between boots and bandages!) for my oldie as her legs aren't so great anymore, these would be used for hacking and schooling on the flat - she doesn't jump.

paintsplat05

Visit site
Star used to have a tatty old pair of brushing boots for hacking and schooling on the flat and had some posh Masta tendon and fetlock boots for jumping.
never bandaged i know how to but never felt confident enough to do them every time i rode!

Weezy

Visit site
I'm amazed by how many people boot up for hunting - I have always been taught NOT to boot or bandage for hunting because of the mud! I DID boot once, after an hour I hopped off and removed them and chucked them in a hedge!

Pidge

Visit site
Jumping - tendon boots and over reach boots
Hacking/Schooling/Lunging - brushing boots or training wraps
Don't use banadages as too fiddly, prefer my equilibrium training wraps, far easier to put on and off.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I use a pair of decent open fronted tendon boots at all time. I am paranoid that a stupid knock will put them out of work (had a horse strike into his tendon once).

Then don't usually bother with anything else unless required.

For polo I used to banadage and put tendon boots on top with bell boots on all legs. I did think the pro choice boots worked well for polo too, but they do make the leg much hotter.

Weezy - boots didn't use to work hunting as they got wet & heavy, but the new ones that don't absorb water work well!

I bandage my horse for everything that i do with her (work wise) - this consists of schooling on the flat and the odd hack!

If i were (very unlikely) to jump her i would prob boot rather than bandage

She is turned out in boots

ETA: i would never allow her to do the other things hunt/polo etc etc in boots / bandages or anything!!!!!!!!!!!

cazcrazyjonty

cazcrazyjonty.tripod.com
I boot al my horse for everything.............. you never know when they might hurt themselves...............

For dressage i have bandages with eskadon padding underneath stop any point pressure so no cutting blood pressure

Malibu

Visit site
I have boots on for hacking, in the field, schooling, sj, xc, galloping etc

I use bandages on the front for in the filed with boots on top, then just bandahes for flatwork schooling, warming up at comps

anywhere the horse goes, he alwsy usally has boots, bandages or both - cant be too careful