Borstiq brushes

Polos

Visit site
Having a bit of a dilemma as my grooming kit has been stolen so need to replace everything ☹️ I’ve spent quite a bit of money on it over the years so I want to replace it with quality brushes.

I’ve been browsing and quite like the look of the borstiq brushes (I had their ‘natural body brush’ but that got stolen ☹️)

I’ve currentky got sitting in my basket:

Borstiq banana kit (banana medium, banana dandy, banana finishing brush, hoofpick and tail brush)

Metal curry comb

Borstiq natural body brush in medium

Has anyone had the borstiq brushes and are they as nice as I remember?

I’m trying to work out if I need a goat hair body brush as well as the finishing brush (does anyone know if they are similar), is the medium brush similar to a flick brush or do I need one too?

And do I need a smaller brush for quatermarks or will I be able to manage with these? Am I missing any other brushes?

Also can I please have reccomendariona for stain remover, coat shine, mane and tail and black hoof oil please!

thommackintosh

Visit site
That's rotten luck :/
I've recently replaced my kit with a set of Haas brushes and love them. The coconut fibre brush is great for lifting stable stains.
Though for a strong stain remover, it's got to be Cowboy Magic green spot remover, definite God send.
Main & tail, I swear by wahl's detangler, a little goes a long way and it doesn't build up a residue like others I've had in the past.

Polos

Visit site
It’s so frustrating, I’ve lost everything ☹️

I will take a look at HAAS then as I’ve got a grey who likes to lie in poo so I think that Brush could be a good investment for me! do you use any stain remover first or are you just using the coconut fibre brush?

Thanks will have a look for the stain remover and mane and tail! I used to use Lyn Russell better but can’t find it online anymore so will try cowboy magic!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I personally find the borstiq brushes heavy and clunky to handle.

My most used brushes are a 2 level natural bristle brush, think HAAS make some like that, a plastic curry comb like the HAAS one which you can use to de-mud horses as well as clean your brushes, and a supergrooma scrubby pad. I rarely use anything else tbh except a hoof pick!

I like the NAF stain remover, and absorbine for detangler.

Ceifer

Visit site
I have some Haas brushes. What I would say is don’t be sucked in to buying loads of them. You don’t need as many as they want you to believe.
The short dense bristled brush - the schimmel is really good and I use it 95% of the time. It removes mud and stains really well.
Then all you need really is a softer brush to polish if you need.

indie1282

Visit site
I used to have a full set of Borstiq brushes but have lost all except the body brushes. I had the banana flick brush which I really liked. I do need to update my grooming kit and I am quite keen on the Haas brushes - problem is I have a grey and a black so I would need one for each horse!

Polos

Visit site
I’m leaning towards getting the borstiq banana set, medium body brush, goat hair body brush, their flick brush and then I’m going to get the HAAS Schimmel brush and a metal and a rubber curry comb

I am toying with the idea of the HAAS diva brush but not sure if I need that if I am getting a borstiq finishing brush and goat hair brushes.

Trying to work out what I need for home grooming and show grooming so I’d rather get it all at the same time and save on postage costs 🙈

Otherwise

Visit site
That sounds like a lot of brushes, would you actually use them all? I'm another who likes haas brushes but I only buy the specific ones I want, every set of brushes I've bought in the past there's always been a couple I never use.

Polos

Visit site
The only one I’m not sure if is use is the diva one if I’ve got the finishing brush and a goat hair one, that’s the one I’m thinking about 🙈

I had the same type brushes in my grooming kit that got stolen so I’m confident I’ll use them all. I use different ones for different things depending on whether I’m grooming for home or a show

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got a schimmel, a diva and another make goat hair body brush. Thats all I use apart from curry combs and one of those weird curry comb type things with the rotating metal balls in it.

gallopingby

Visit site
Oh has Borstiq taken over from Hass? Any good quality brushes will do the job but they do need to be good quality! Goats hair works wel and there are a lot of different makes about. Basically you get what you pay for but you don’t need a different brush for each coat colour! 😀

catkin

Visit site
Having a bit of a dilemma as my grooming kit has been stolen so need to replace everything ☹️ I’ve spent quite a bit of money on it over the years so I want to replace it with quality brushes.

I’ve been browsing and quite like the look of the borstiq brushes (I had their ‘natural body brush’ but that got stolen ☹️)

I’ve currentky got sitting in my basket:

Borstiq banana kit (banana medium, banana dandy, banana finishing brush, hoofpick and tail brush)

Metal curry comb

Borstiq natural body brush in medium

Has anyone had the borstiq brushes and are they as nice as I remember?

I’m trying to work out if I need a goat hair body brush as well as the finishing brush (does anyone know if they are similar), is the medium brush similar to a flick brush or do I need one too?

And do I need a smaller brush for quatermarks or will I be able to manage with these? Am I missing any other brushes?

Also can I please have reccomendariona for stain remover, coat shine, mane and tail and black hoof oil please!

Brushes are very very personal, both for horse and human. So, this is what I use - but they won't suit everyone.

I found the Borstiq brushes heavy so I use Haas brushes.

My ponies like the Schimmel (use as a dandy brush) and one small body-brush rather delightfully called the 'cuddle brush' (Schmuseburste (sp)). Their round plastic curry is great for cleaning the brushes as well as removing mud. Personally I don't bother with goathair brushes - they are too soft to get into the coat and a linen cloth will remove surface dust just as well. The ponies who like these brushes have short dense coats - they like a roll but are not particularly filthy.

Be careful with mane conditioners and coat shine - don't get one with silicon as it can break the hair. I use the megatec one on mane and tail of native ponies. A slightly damp linen cloth will polish the coat.

holeymoley

Visit site
I’ve never used Bortiq but I have recently bought the HAAS brushes. I love them. I have a coloured and he’s absolutely gleaming. I agree with the schimmel brush being the best, it seems to get the stains off. Then I like the Lippizaner for afterwards.

mariew

Visit site
I've only had one borstique brush, it was a stiff dandy brush and the brush parts fell out quite quickly so i never got another one.

AFB

Visit site
Another vote for Haas brushes, again though I don't think you need to get sucked in by the packs, I have 3 brushes and they do a great job. Very good quality but I haven't used Borstiq to compare to.

Polos

Visit site
I only use one brush, the Magic ones. And a shedding blade.

Interestingly my magic brush was the least used brush in my grooming kit that got stolen. I just thought it was a bit rubbish and never really got on with it.

On a side note has anyone ever used any of the smart grooming lotions and potions? In particular the polar white, coat shine and mane and tail? I have a discount code so I was going to get my brushes from there but have noticed they sell the other grooming products I need. Obviously if they are no good I won’t waste my money

AFB

Visit site
Interestingly my magic brush was the least used brush in my grooming kit that got stolen. I just thought it was a bit rubbish and never really got on with it.

Completely agree, only thing I found it was any use for was getting the worst off of muddy patches, then a proper brush to actually clean the coat.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Completely agree, only thing I found it was any use for was getting the worst off of muddy patches, then a proper brush to actually clean the coat.
I think they're good for washing horses cos they dry out so fast but I use mine most for scrubbing stirrups etc!

Polos

Visit site

I definitely won’t be replacing it! That’s exactly what I found with it. I found I never used it as my mare doesn’t really get muddy in the field so I was just using normal grooming brushes instead

Hallo2012

Visit site

On a side note has anyone ever used any of the smart grooming lotions and potions? In particular the polar white, coat shine and mane and tail? I have a discount code so I was going to get my brushes from there but have noticed they sell the other grooming products I need. Obviously if they are no good I won’t waste my money

i REALLY rate the smart grooming coat sheen. i use it all over incl manes and tails and it keeps them silky for a lot longer than Canter (my previous fave)

Barlow

Visit site
I’ve had Borstiq and I currently have Haas. I’d go back to Borstiq but only because my grey is a ticklish sensitive chap for whom the Schimmel is just too much.