Bought breeches - so are these right for me?

seajays

www.seajays.org.uk
OK - thanks for all your advice on boots and breeches in my post last week. As you may have seen I got the boots already, and today the breeches I finally decided to order arrived. I know lots had said Mark Todd, but I did try some of them on, and they didn't seem to do it for me... (I know, I always like to be contrary!)

So instead I've gone for these - arrived today. So the decision is now: Keep or Send back (and go back to my trusty jeans - or try some others!). :D

I also need to pluck up the courage to go to the yard in them (but then I'm sure some of you will think that shouldn't matter given I've been riding in full chaps for months!) :eek:

IMG_1764b.jpg
IMG_1773b.jpg

Ladyinred

Visit site
Not sure if you are exceedingly brave or bl@@dy foolish to be posting these pics!!!!

Looks good to me. Errr... very good actually ;-)

cm2581

Visit site
Those breeches look fine - no offensive bulges or tight bits!! Are they comfortable? That is almost the be all and end all!!! If you feel self conscious you could wear a larger t-shirt or rugby shirt that would be a bit longer but it is a far from offensive picture as is!! :)

sarahann1

Visit site
Pffft, they look great and quite frankly I'm annoyed you look better in those than I do in the beige jods I just bought. They make my size 8 legs look like elephant legs, even my hubby couldn't say anything nice about them, harrumph.

<tongue firmly in cheek>

WestCoast

Visit site
Ladies behave yourselves ;)

They look very good - I wouldn't be worried about wearing them down the yard. You should see the saggy arsed dirty beige things the guys at my yard wear. As said you could always wear a longer short over them if you are self conscious, but they don't need it.

Can I ask the make - think hubby may need some at some point if he gets lessons?

Paula

Mongoose11

Visit site
I think these look great. Honestly the best I have seen (in terms of a man in breeches in a long time). Wish I looked as good in my jods! Very smart!

Kat

Visit site
They look fine! What make are they? DH desparately needs some more jodhs and they have stopped making the ones he likes (gorringe I think).

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Very smart!

Wouldn't wear the white tshirt though- it'll just get dirty!

But they look very decent on you and I would say you bought a good size / brand.

seajays

www.seajays.org.uk
Can't you ask your missus for an honest opinion
Well I did of course - but as she doesn't ride or anything she thought they looked OK - but she didn't have a lot to compare them with! ;)

Where did u get them from.???
I need a new pair.
They look fine! What make are they? DH desparately needs some more jodhs and they have stopped making the ones he likes (gorringe I think).

They are the Ultrasport RTS Bentex ones in "Anthracite" - I bought them from Amazon.

I always wear my body protector when riding, so that'll be over the t-shirt anyway.

TicTac

Visit site
Are they comfortable and roomy enough for the errrm..... (shhh tackle, if you get my drift ;-)
but have to agree with the other ladies on here...........lookin goooooood

seajays

www.seajays.org.uk
Are they comfortable and roomy enough for the errrm..... (shhh tackle, if you get my drift ;-)

Well they feel good I think. It's a bit odd being so stretchy - certainly not used to wearing things with quite so much "springiness/clinginess" to the fabric. :D

Riding tomorrow though, so I shall give them a go. The seat definitely feels "grippy" ;)

Tinypony

Visit site
Oh yes, I think you could wear those, they look luverly.
Mind you, I love the look of a nice pair of full chaps over jeans, but maybe that's because I'm into cowboys??