Breed/Type Owner Stereotypes (For Fun)

Always Blue

Visit site
LOL!! The only bits that are true for me are: "She has a lovely looking horse that wouldnt look of place on the cover of vouge magazine" (very bias :p!), "got a horse that has done grand prix dressage even though she only manages to do a walk/trot test" (not quite that extreme though but hes better schooled than I am) and "The warmblood itself is normally good although every now and then it throws its toys out of the pram, to which its lady owner is so shocked, she almost faints " (Although I dont faint I just think hes a prat!).

I love this description I actually know someone with three warmbloods (one broken, one being broken and one is still a yearling) who suits this desc perfectly!!

ahahaha! this would fit the description of a few on my yard!!

Always Blue

Visit site
WB owner: convinced their horse is the next Olympic champion in waiting due to their breeding, but seem unaware of the fact that the 20 other WBs on the yard also have famous sires and dams and haven't made it beyond giant pet status. They will tell everyone they meet that their horse’s half-brother is an eventing champ. Everything matches: numnahs, bandages, rugs etc and also post photos on fb when a vet puts a nice coloured bandage on their legs, but complains when it doesn't compliment their wardrobe. They own lots of branded clothing, and never fail to turn up to even their own-yard, unaffiliated training shows in full whites. Tend to be smiley folk, but seem to live in constant fear of horse being hungry, cold or bored and have lots of stable toys. Constantly get accused of being over-horsed as the bigger, the better with WBs!

This is all in jest – we have loads of BWP owners on the yard, including all but one of the GP horses (who’s a SF). Most laugh at them being called dumb-bloods too! lol.

All the gear No idea!!

Charla

Visit site
Warmblood owners - Scared of their horse, despite being under constant supervision of the priciest international trainers, and under the impression that an equine can live happily in a 12' by 12' box all it's life.

LOL definitely doesn't fit me and my warmblood. He lives out very happily 24/7 - through winter too!

Flicker

Visit site
ISH's belong to tall women who see no hobby in horsemanship- there's no fun and games its all serious work and eventing/SJ. They know every dam and sire who bred a winning foal since 1845, the bloodlines of every horse they own or would consider owning and can judge the potential jumping height of a full-grown horse from the time its 4 hours old... but have no concept of how to horse around and tutt loudly when they hear of a horse being kept on adlib hay, out 24/7 without a rug.
They either line shelves with whitener and lay rugs out for their horse to walk on to avoid the mud, or just avoid horses with white on them altogether (hence the huge amount of chestnut and bay SJ'ers!) and can be seen using their own nail files on their horses' hoof if the farrier isn't available exactly 4 weeks from the date of shoeing.
Their horse has probably never seen an open field without jumps erected and does not know how to walk a straight line without constant contact, encouragement and aids from their riding. When a human approaches their stall, they autimatically stand in a perfect outline, with their rear end engaged beneath them and their ears pricked prettily for a photo...

QUOTE]

Jesus!! You know someone I know! That is scary :D :D :D

Apercrumbie

Visit site
This and the later quote about the Chestnut Mare has made my day....I am going to print these off!!

I have a Chestnut Welsh X TB and this is her down to a tee! I would add that "although oozing with talent, it is very much WHEN and IF she decides to use it. If welsh X TB feels that they just simply don't want to perform they will use their huuuuggggeeee Welsh trot to simply ignore all aids and attempts of collection, until they deem it neccessary to listen again." But, of course...she will always be "my gorgeous angel" LOL!!!!:D

I forgot to add about the talented bit!! Will edit it now :)

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Grrr it won't let me edit so here it is again!! Apologies for the repetition.

The tbxwelsh
The true fanatics. If anyone dares criticise her darling horse she will murder you with a single look. While her horse is leaping round and going sideways round the school she will laugh and growl simultaneously while her welshxtb does an even bigger leap and suddenly stops dead and refuses to move. Jumping proves to be far more interesting as the welshxtb out-stops even the smallest and quickest pony. Despite his undeniable talent, the horse has already perfected running out on the take-stride and conveniently dumping his rider on the jump. He will then refuse to jump any jump for at least ten minutes while he throws a hissy fit. Miraculously his long-suffering rider stays on and somehow gets him over a tiny pole on the ground. On-lookers shake their heads and wonder why on earth she still has him but she will already be showering him in hugs and kisses and telling him what a gorgeous angel he is. :rolleyes:

woodlandswow

Visit site
hahahaha.. absoloutley love this.. anyone got one for the kind of horse that has come over from ireland.. no one knows anything about its age, height, breeding, name etc... but thinks it could win badminton tomorrow??
i know LOTS of these kind of peolple but wouldnt be brave enough to do one myself :eek::D:rolleyes:

Odd Socks

Visit site
appaloosa anybody????

I'll give appys a go...

the appaloosa owners are dotty about their spotty horse. They are usually in their late 30s/ early 40s with flyaway hair that somewhat resembles their horses tail. They know the ins and outs of the breeding and heritage of every other spotty horse on the planet. They do not care that their horse has a poor tail and will only put weight on around the middle but instead, spend their days counting how many heart shaped spots said spotty pony has. They like to try a bit of everything but excel in the show ring where the leopard spot owners are thinking "that blanket spot is just a bay, there's no way it should have been placed higher than me!" whilst the blanket spot owners are thinking "that thing shouldnt be in this class, its a fleabitten grey!" After said show, dotty spotty horse owners praise horse to the heavens with carrots and treats only to find that when home time comes, spotty horse would actually like to wait until every other horse has left the showground before being loaded in to their trailer :p

Charliepony

Visit site
hahahaha.. absoloutley love this.. anyone got one for the kind of horse that has come over from ireland.. no one knows anything about its age, height, breeding, name etc... but thinks it could win badminton tomorrow??
i know LOTS of these kind of peolple but wouldnt be brave enough to do one myself :eek::D:rolleyes:

OMG me too!! That is spooky, I can list about 5 off the top of my head! I'll have a go at doing one :D

Charliepony

Visit site
That Appy one is so true! I used to own an appaloosa and that sounds just like us :D

Irish bog pony owner - Paid a small fortune for their imported bog pony of indeterminate breeding ("he's a Connemara/Irish Sport Horse! Just... er... unregistered") who can apparently jump a house ("he hunted in Ireland, you see?"), although as of yet there is no evidence of this, as the darned thing is petrified of coloured poles. It seems unlikely that bog pony has ever seen the inside of a stable, let alone an arena, but with this hairy heeled creature the owner intends to set the world alight and become world champion in their chosen discipline. ("he's Irish, don't you know, it's only to be expected.")

Appaloosa owner - A whizz when it comes to colour names and genetics, and they adore their horse above all else - once they've owned a spotty botty, nothing else quite compares, and the idea of owning a chestnut or bay appalls them! For some reason, when it comes to Appaloosa owners, normal saddles just don't fit the bill. It has to either be a western, stock or treeless saddle, and if they do settle for the normal synthetic GP, they will have to customise it. Perhaps this is because the appy owner is generally a fan of the perculiar, and so will mismatch and clash their horse's tack to such an extent that it almost seems they do it on purpose. (green flower print saddle cloth, pink excercise boots and an orange nylon bridle anyone?) Their horse is quirky, just like them, and despite being generally fearless, will develop intense phobias to random objects, and their extreme reaction results in them being stuffed full of carrots and chocolate by worried owner. The Appaloosa owner describes their beast's lack of manners as "characterful", and his constant face pulling, ear pinning and teeth baring as "expressive."

What other ones are there? :p

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
god this had cheered me up

I have an anglo arab and i dont fit into either of the tb or the arab ones....anyone do an anglo arab one? Ill see how spot on you are? Hehe

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
The anglo-arab owner- this is a rare breed of person with a good sense of humour and a very tolerant nature. Due to being such nutters, anglo-arabs are not compatible with most owners, many try but fail and as a result the AAs get passed around alot, making them even crazier! When AAs eventually find their ideal owner (the person prepared to take them on as no one else will put up with them), they can look forward to years together as the AA owner is very loyal. The AA owner learns to turn a blind eye to their horse's spooking at a leaf or suddenly going from being calm and working beautifully to turning into a snorting dancing beast just because another horse has entered the arena. The AA owner is not surprised when their horse returns from the field with cuts or lost shoes, despite the going being perfect and not a sharp object in sight. The AA owner appears to others to have a calm disposition (nessecary to counteract the crazy one of their horse), though really they are just as nutty as their mount and secretly love a mad gallop across the countryside when no ones looking and don't even worry too much about having no brakes ever (they have long since given up trying to find a bit that will stop their horse). On days when they are not spooking at every filler on the course, the AA easily wins showjumping due to it's lightening speed and quick turns much to it's owners delight. The AA owner is always very fit partly due to their horse's constant jogging and though sometimes exasperated by their horses rediculous behaviour they will always forgive it due to the horses incredibly friendly and loving nature.

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Hahaha!! Ive not laughed so much in ages.....thats brilliant, apart from mine does have breaks.
But yeah he was passed around, nobody else will ride him as he is a bit nutty, hes always coming in with some sort of injury and he is scared of anything that moves :D Bless him!!

Think i must be crazy for loving him to bits....just like the sterotype apparently hehe :D

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
The anglo-arab owner- this is a rare breed of person with a good sense of humour and a very tolerant nature. Due to being such nutters, anglo-arabs are not compatible with most owners, many try but fail and as a result the AAs get passed around alot, making them even crazier! When AAs eventually find their ideal owner (the person prepared to take them on as no one else will put up with them), they can look forward to years together as the AA owner is very loyal. The AA owner learns to turn a blind eye to their horse's spooking at a leaf or suddenly going from being calm and working beautifully to turning into a snorting dancing beast just because another horse has entered the arena. The AA owner is not surprised when their horse returns from the field with cuts or lost shoes, despite the going being perfect and not a sharp object in sight. The AA owner appears to others to have a calm disposition (nessecary to counteract the crazy one of their horse), though really they are just as nutty as their mount and secretly love a mad gallop across the countryside when no ones looking and don't even worry too much about having no brakes ever (they have long since given up trying to find a bit that will stop their horse). On days when they are not spooking at every filler on the course, the AA easily wins showjumping due to it's lightening speed and quick turns much to it's owners delight. The AA owner is always very fit partly due to their horse's constant jogging and though sometimes exasperated by their horses rediculous behaviour they will always forgive it due to the horses incredibly friendly and loving nature.

OMG this is so me! Didnt think someone would get it so right!! :D:D

sakura

Visit site
Irish bog pony owner - Paid a small fortune for their imported bog pony of indeterminate breeding ("he's a Connemara/Irish Sport Horse! Just... er... unregistered") who can apparently jump a house ("he hunted in Ireland, you see?"), although as of yet there is no evidence of this, as the darned thing is petrified of coloured poles. It seems unlikely that bog pony has ever seen the inside of a stable, let alone an arena, but with this hairy heeled creature the owner intends to set the world alight and become world champion in their chosen discipline. ("he's Irish, don't you know, it's only to be expected.")

hahaha I know someone just like that, brilliant, love it!!

woodlandswow

Visit site
That Appy one is so true! I used to own an appaloosa and that sounds just like us :D

!p

hahahahahahhaha... charliepony.. your genuis.. sounds just like me and my man...we think he is connie/ISH... he hunted in ireland (but was ***** over here)...and hates being in... but seriously though.. he can jump a house..

thespanishmane

Visit site
Do an exmoor :).

here goes!
Exmoor owners come in two sizes.

1.small enough to ride little devil or:
2.far too big to ride little devil, but like to take it for a walk on a headcollar as a bridle is too cruel. The poor pony has had a dreadful start in life as it was branded dont you know, and it is so sad it stands at the back of the stable. unbeknowns to owner pony is hiding at the back of the stable as it can bugger off out when the door is opened - you get a better run up from the back and can barge past owner.

small owners ride them, hunt them, cross country them as they are the best small four hoof drives going!
small owners husband also leaps on them in field to see what they do - nothing for a bit, leading to usual false sense of angelic behaviour - then rodeo like crazy dumping husband on ground.

Generally small owners are like their Exmoors -small brown and fluffy and are very good in cold weather, with big bottoms!

bryngelenponies

www.biopharm-leeches.com
The tbxwelsh
The true fanatics. If anyone dares criticise her darling horse she will murder you with a single look. While her horse is leaping round and going sideways round the school she will laugh and growl simultaneously while her welshxtb does an even bigger leap and suddenly stops dead and refuses to move. Jumping proves to be far more interesting as the welshxtb out-stops even the smallest and quickest pony. Despite his undeniable talent, the horse has already perfected running out on the take-stride and conveniently dumping his rider on the jump. He will then refuse to jump any jump for at least ten minutes while he throws a hissy fit. Miraculously his long-suffering rider stays on and somehow gets him over a tiny pole on the ground. On-lookers shake their heads and wonder why on earth she still has him but she will already be showering him in hugs and kisses and telling him what a gorgeous angel he is. :rolleyes:

i don't know anyone like that...:rolleyes::p

Vizslak

Visit site
Grrr it won't let me edit so here it is again!! Apologies for the repetition.

The tbxwelsh

Apercrumbie I was reading this trying to figure out if I knew you and you had watched me riding my boy! until you got to the jumping thing, mine never ducks out and jumps like a stag. :eek: :D

Katieaston

Visit site

Hmm some part of this are true, but i think i mostly fit into a different catogory 'the show horse owner'

A show horseowner could not possiblylet there horse look at another horse, as this may result in scaring!! It must go out in the field to gain the correct 'show condition' (as it refuses to eat hay or hayledge) But it must be double fenced from any other horse for the above reason.
A show horse owner must cover there horse over every possible cm to prevent rubbing or dirt of any kind. It must even be ridden in a lycra hood incase a passing hedge takes a grab for its mane.
Other people feel showing isn't a real 'sport' However a show horse owner feels there horse is obviously as well schooled as any dressage horse, it just chooses not to compete in such presurised competiotons as its beauty is what truly matters.

Last edited:

Circe

Visit site
Appaloosa owner - A whizz when it comes to colour names and genetics, and they adore their horse above all else - once they've owned a spotty botty, nothing else quite compares, and the idea of owning a chestnut or bay appalls them! For some reason, when it comes to Appaloosa owners, normal saddles just don't fit the bill. It has to either be a western, stock or treeless saddle, and if they do settle for the normal synthetic GP, they will have to customise it. Perhaps this is because the appy owner is generally a fan of the perculiar, and so will mismatch and clash their horse's tack to such an extent that it almost seems they do it on purpose. (green flower print saddle cloth, pink excercise boots and an orange nylon bridle anyone?) Their horse is quirky, just like them, and despite being generally fearless, will develop intense phobias to random objects, and their extreme reaction results in them being stuffed full of carrots and chocolate by worried owner. The Appaloosa owner describes their beast's lack of manners as "characterful", and his constant face pulling, ear pinning and teeth baring as "expressive."

I definately fit this more than the tb owner
I love my old boys 'expressive' face :)
And hes brave as, apart from if he sees a...
duck !
Kx

What other ones are there? :p[/QUOTE]

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Shetland owner: in complete denial that their pony is a terror. It's the boss of all the 17hh WBs in the field, is an escape artist and entirely controls the hay pile. If he was bigger, they'd be off the yard if something didn't change! They love to tell you how not only can their kids ride them, but Shetties are so well built that they can carry adults too. Apparently they claimed he was fresh when they did get on the pony to prove it and got swiftly bucked off. They are keen to remind people that shetties are not miniature horses, but real hardy ponies. They think it's hilarious that bigger horses are afraid and deliberately walk them past their stables to enjoy their reaction. Then often own a small chihuahua like dog, who also misbehaves but is allowed as they're tiny. Give them a pet alsatian or tall TB and they might not live another day in the yard!

All tongue in cheek. One of the shetties in my yard has a very confident and capable lady owner, got for her son to ride. This is much more like 'Dad'! lol. They've got a little terrier rather than chihuahua though!

melxvengeance

www.facebook.com
Ooh I'm enjoying this :D Sorry if they're mean, I don't mean it, honest! :p

Adults with ponies - Under the impression that their docile plod of a pony is a wild beast, and will get in a rage if you call their pony a pony, telling you at length that because of it's breeding (caspian, arab, fjord, icelandic, american miniture), it is in fact a HORSE.

European pony owner - (Fjord, Haflinger) Usually suprisingly good at dressage, their pony does tricks too.

I have 2 fjords, one of which is pretty wild!! And technically because of their breed they ARE horses, not ponies, so that's not a stereotype - it's fact. i'd love it if my 2 were amazing at dressage. however i'm only 20 - can i be considered an "adult with a pony"?? :p