Bryony Frost wins King George VI and becomes winningmost female jockey over jumps.

Turitea

Visit site
She can't win doubters over, can she? Be nice and lovely and caring... it is an act, she is too nice, too lovely, she shows signs of "diva"-behaviour. Be like the lads... she is just copying, it is ridiculous and you can't take her seriously.

My advice to Bryony, do your thing and stay true to yourself.

Visit site
As much as ITV have tried to pass it off as an offhand, spur of the moment, not really thinking what he was saying after winning a big race comment I don't think it was any of that unfortunately and it was probably intended as was said.

He is going to get A LOT of backlash for this and regret opening his mouth on the subject. He could just as easily have said - it's all part of the job or it's what we are paid to do - sort of thing.

McGrools

Visit site
As much as ITV have tried to pass it off as an offhand, spur of the moment, not really thinking what he was saying after winning a big race comment I don't think it was any of that unfortunately and it was probably intended as was said.

He is going to get A LOT of backlash for this and regret opening his mouth on the subject. He could just as easily have said - it's all part of the job or it's what we are paid to do - sort of thing.

Yes the ITV team seemed pretty embarrassed.
Looked like he meant every word if it to me!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Adam Welch was just interviewed after winning the Welsh National - "well it's a man's sport" :rolleyes:

Not really sure what the female jockeys need to do tbh. They win and still they are dismissed as incapable.

What an ignorant dinosaur. He ought to be sent onto an advanced event cross country course and see how he gets on against the fragile little girls there.

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Didn't see Harry Skeltons horse get up after that fall. Fell awkwardly was he ok? With no hunting am enjoying my Saturday afternoons watching the racing!

Steerpike

Visit site
I just read an article in the guardian interviewing Bryony, it seems there is quite a lot going on behind the scenes that she can't discuss at the moment.

Irishcob6

Visit site
Adam Welch was just interviewed after winning the Welsh National - "well it's a man's sport" :rolleyes:

Not really sure what the female jockeys need to do tbh. They win and still they are dismissed as incapable.

Saw that comment and thought what a t**t especially as bryony won the first two races of the day whilst he fell off in both!! Definitely a pointed dig at the females - not impressed

minesadouble

Visit site
According to the Times she has made a formal complaint against Robbie Dunne after an altercation following the fatal fall of one of his mounts. Apparently in the heat of the moment he held her partially responsible.

Visit site
According to the Times she has made a formal complaint against Robbie Dunne after an altercation following the fatal fall of one of his mounts. Apparently in the heat of the moment he held her partially responsible.

And from what I have heard she is partially responsible and had been less than savoury afterwords. From the chatter I have heard she has tried to jump the gun and get the sympathy/female vote in before the rest of the story is told.

The truth will out as they say.

Dante's Inferno

New User
Visit site
Hello all, sorry to have not gone through new poster route prior. I watched the race where Cillian's Well fell (Robbie Dunne) as I had an interest in another runner. I couldn't see how Bryony Frost could be blamed for the incident. Her horse had been jumping to the left for most of the race and she had attempted to correct it each time (as was noted in the Racing Post). As far as I can see there was no Stewards Enquiry called. Interestingly Adam Wedge rode the winner.

Keep Trying

Visit site
Hello all, sorry to have not gone through new poster route prior. I watched the race where Cillian's Well fell (Robbie Dunne) as I had an interest in another runner. I couldn't see how Bryony Frost could be blamed for the incident. Her horse had been jumping to the left for most of the race and she had attempted to correct it each time (as was noted in the Racing Post). As far as I can see there was no Stewards Enquiry called. Interestingly Adam Wedge rode the winner.

Yes, I agree, I saw the race too and have watched the replay several times. Can't see why she's being blamed as she didn't do anything wrong. Yes, her horse was jumping slightly left but she seemed to be doing the right things to correct him. Robbie Dunne was always behind her and must have been able to see what was happening so why didn't he switch if it was that much of a problem? If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't mind guessing he would have said "that's just race riding".