Buck Off by Naked Horse

TheChestnutThing

Visit site
Has anyone personally used Buck Off by Naked Horse?

They have great results on their webpage, but would like to hear from anyone that has used it first hand before I spend £40 on yet another useless calmer.

(It's for a very anxious horse were anxiety gets in the way of performance including being tied to a trailer on his own)

Please reviews only on this one....

Tabs

Visit site
Hi I started using it about 4 weeks ago on my horse who we moved to a new livery yard and is digging and box walking and being very anxious in the stable and also a little difficult to work with. The people are very helpful but so far it has done nothing for her and at the price it is, am very reluctant to buy it again.
Did you have any luck ?

Jambarissa

Visit site
Just looked at the ingredients, it's really not very impressive. There would be better supplements to address behaviour caused by nutritional gaps, and the relaxing herb parts are unlikely to help anything other than very mild anxiety.

Most horses would be better off learning that their human is a leader who will keep them safe so they dont have anything to worry about in the first place.

Sounds like yours is just having problems settling in?

Kirstd33

Visit site
I'm going to "buck" the trend and report that actually it did have a calming effect on my fairly anxious gelding, I don't have to use it very often but when he's faced with a new situation I use it and it definately knocks the sharp edge off him

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I was going to try this, glad I didn’t. I’ve spent way too much on calmers.

At the minute I’m using a mix of vervain, valerian and chamomile I’d have said it was really helping til this morning when we had a disasterous hack!
I * think it generally has been more helpful than all the off the shelf calmers I’ve tried.

Sciath

New User
Visit site
Been on it 2 months and not much difference noted from my gal on the ground than what we had before after a recent change in diet, however ridden has been a whole different kettle of fish it's made her more open to discussion with things such as speed and not having massive temper tantrums as I try to support her and doing her trotters racing trot towards everything she doesn't understand. This is also after 3 years of trying every other calmer under the sun including the competition banned valerian in combination with chamomile and vervain.

Another massively anxious when ridden cob on the yard has been on it for longer with no change on the ground but again massive improvement for his ridden work. Owner even had to lower the dose as he looked doped.

littleshetland

Visit site
My friends horse has actually responded quite well to it now. It's taken a few weeks, but there does seem to be a noticeable difference now.
I noticed no difference with mine, but they're all different!

Billabongchick

Visit site
I’ve used it and it has been very successful for mine. He was getting quite sharp in the bad weather and it has definitely made him more relaxed

McFluff

Visit site
I’ve used it for a while now - I’d tried a few, but felt others took his sparkle away too much. For mine it’s more about helping him with his background anxiety and it really has helped him. He’s still him (Welsh dragon mode still live and kicking), but just less anxious, so we’re less spooky in stressful situations. He still enjoys comedy spooking though!