Build a bridle?

webble

Visit site
Ok so my boy has a funny shaped head I think! He really needs a full browband, cob possibly even pony cheeks and head piece and cob noseband.

I would also ideally like it to be shaped around the headpiece and not break the bank as I mostly happy hack with a bit of schooling/lessons. I am probably asking the impossible but any suggestions please? I looked at Evo and liked them but read bad things about customer service, and Kate Negus looked nice but probably out of budget

blitznbobs

Visit site
Speak to a saddler and get them to alter a normal bridle or alternatively it sounds like really you just need a big brow and so buy a cob sized bridle and buy a brow and off eBay

Bubblewrap

Visit site
I had the same problem, cob bridle but needs a full broadband and noseband. I bought a Dever one, it was sold in separate parts at the local tack shop. Not massively expensive. Ive had it 4 or so years and still good. x

hattie2525

Visit site
Jeffries sell bridles in parts. Not cheap but genuinely the nicest leather and last forever (I rode in mine every day for 15 years and it still looks great). They do a nice range of both traditional patterns and more ergonomic modern designs depending on what you fancy. www.ejeffries.co.uk

Kaylum

Visit site
You can do this if you look for parts on ebay I am always putting different parts for bridles on there from different makes and they are quite popular.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Years ago - in the dim and distant past when you could get a farrier to do a full-set for less than twenty quid - it was possible to go into a tack shop and do just this, i.e. "build" your own bridle; you could very easily buy cheek pieces, browbands, headpieces, nosebands etc etc separately and put together exactly the bridle you wanted, simples!

You can't now! I don't know of anywhere round here in a 100 mile radious where you could do so.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sabre will also sell you a bridle made up of different sized parts. There's a size chart on their website so you can buy exactly what you want. I think it's quite common that horses don't fit into the standard sizes that well.

meleeka

Visit site
Jeffries sell bridles in parts. Not cheap but genuinely the nicest leather and last forever (I rode in mine every day for 15 years and it still looks great). They do a nice range of both traditional patterns and more ergonomic modern designs depending on what you fancy. www.ejeffries.co.uk

This is what I went for. Mine has a full headpiece, extra full browband, cob noseband and Pony cheek pieces! I also wanted a comfort headpiece with a hunter noseband which is impossible to find off the shelf. I love my bridle :)

webble

Visit site
Years ago - in the dim and distant past when you could get a farrier to do a full-set for less than twenty quid - it was possible to go into a tack shop and do just this, i.e. "build" your own bridle; you could very easily buy cheek pieces, browbands, headpieces, nosebands etc etc separately and put together exactly the bridle you wanted, simples!

You can't now! I don't know of anywhere round here in a 100 mile radious where you could do so.
I know I am old enough to remember those days, our local saddlery has long since gone unfortunately and all local tack shops sell now is matchy matchy

daffy44

Visit site
Morgan Equine is another company that offers a "build a bridle" service, you can buy everything seperately in whatever size you need.

antigone

Visit site
Evison Equine - if you contact them you can mix and match. Shaped comfort headpiece (which is really soft), choice of nosebands all for just under £110. I got one for my new little cob and I am very pleased with it for the price. I found their sizes much better than most bridle makers - a standard cob fitted her just fine whereas with most makes I need a bigger noseband and browband. The other thing I liked was that the noseband doesn't slot through holes in the headpiece leaving great big lumps just where you don't want them. Instead the noseband hangers and throat come off the padded headpiece and the bit is attached using normal cheeks to a separate strap which goes over the headpiece. very neat and comfy. www.evisonequine.co.uk

daffy44

Visit site
Do you know if they are any good? I liked the look of the EVO until I read bad reviews on their service :( just had a look on the website they look lovely and well priced

The bridle pieces I have got from Morgan Equine (headpieces, nosebands, browbands) have been excellent quality, I am delighted with them. I know some people have experienced bad customer service in the form of slow deliveries etc, but I have never had a problem with them at all.

Unfortunately the Evison Equine bridle I had was not nearly as good quality or as long lasting.

antigone

Visit site
The bridle pieces I have got from Morgan Equine (headpieces, nosebands, browbands) have been excellent quality, I am delighted with them. I know some people have experienced bad customer service in the form of slow deliveries etc, but I have never had a problem with them at all.

Unfortunately the Evison Equine bridle I had was not nearly as good quality or as long lasting.

That's a shame. Did you buy it recently? The one I got in April is very good for the money. Not in the same league as my bespoke stuff (obviously) but at that price I wouldn't expect it to be.

Ellietotz

Visit site
I bought my bridle from English Bridles. I just emailed them with what I wanted, different sized parts etc and they made it up for me. Delivery was super quick too and the quality is amazing.

claret09

Visit site
ring townfields they will be able to sort you out for a reasonable price. they are happy to interchange pieces on their bridles

buddylove

Visit site
If you like the micklem style of anatomical bridle, you can buy PS of Sweden bridles direct from them and mix and match the sizes. I have the Pioneer and it's lovely. I had bought a collegiate bridle previously and the difference in quality is substantial, definitely worth the price difference.

LouisCat

Visit site
Got 2 Morgan Equine snaffle bridles and 1 double and they don't look any different from the day they were purchased. Also 1 of the horses broke a pair of cheek pieces. Ordered a new pair one afternoon and they arrived the next morning! 👍🏼👍🏼

webble

Visit site
Got 2 Morgan Equine snaffle bridles and 1 double and they don't look any different from the day they were purchased. Also 1 of the horses broke a pair of cheek pieces. Ordered a new pair one afternoon and they arrived the next morning! ��������

Oh that sounds good, I will pop them an email thanks everyone

palterwell

Visit site
I ordered a bridle from Morgan Equine, allegedly custom fit for my horse. It took weeks to arrive and didn’t fit. The noseband did not meet around my horses nose. The headpiece and cheek pieces were too big. When I complained I was told I was in the wrong !

webble

Visit site
I ordered a bridle from Morgan Equine, allegedly custom fit for my horse. It took weeks to arrive and didn’t fit. The noseband did not meet around my horses nose. The headpiece and cheek pieces were too big. When I complained I was told I was in the wrong !

Well I have emailed them and not heard back do watch this space I guess

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I bought a bridle from Morgan Equine at YHL last year, I got the sizing all wrong - was smaller than expected. Anyway, I gave them a call and arranged to send it back, I got the next size up by return post. Nice bridle, really happy with it esp for the price. My 10 year old Sabre bridle still looks new after very regular use, dunno if I'll get the same wear out of the morgan Equine one but it's a bit more fancy :p