Building the Best (or a total money pit)

blitznbobs

Visit site
As requested on another thread...

Are you sitting comfortably, then I'll begin...

A long time ago, about last June, I decided that I really didn't have enough space for my ever growing herd - and if I really wanted to breed a foal, what I really needed was a bit more land... about 10 acres should do it, So onto the interweb I ventured. A couple of clicks later and a piece of land I knew (and thought had sold recently) popped up on the feed, less than 2 miles from my house and about 60 acres... but actually quite cheap for the area. I showed my darling beloved and he said, 'ring 'em up'. 'Ring 'em up' I did, and though a few ups and downs later, we not only had bought some fields, but also 2 houses and a load of barns with planning on them.... How the ***** did that happen? I'm still not quite sure.

Well, I am a great believer in making any decision you make the right one, I now had the space to start breeding, I had a great friend and trainer on board to start a training programme, and one fateful day, I met an amazing woman, therapist and horsewoman and suddenly the vision was clear...

It is still going to be a long road, planners need to be wooed, barns need to be renovated, pipes need to be laid, but the dream is becoming real. A whole site dedicated to mental and physical health achieved with (and without) horses, a place of healing, happiness, education and hope. To produce the best therapy horses, the best dressage horses, the best riders, the best training and most importantly the best times. (Sorry I will pass the sick bags round later).

Its a beautiful and dramatic site, and I am very excited if you guys want to come along for the ride xx

1656531756398.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I recognise that viaduct! Congratulations BnB, really looking forward to hearing how you build the dream.

Noble

Visit site
Also from Cheshire so I'm looking forwards to following your progress and seeing the transformation.

PurBee

Visit site
Congratulations! It all sounds truly fantastic, and eager to hear of you developing your dream there. Sounds like you have fantastic support too ?

I love the story of how it unfolded, your darling casually suggesting to ‘ring ‘em up’! Wanting a wee bit more land to raise a foal and ending up with an equestrian dream estate! I love it! You’ll have to raise your eyebrows whenever he says that again, and remind him what flippant suggestions can lead to! ??

paddi22

Visit site
congrats, and sounds like there will be a lot of Lucky horses getting to live there! looks amazing

Jules111

Visit site
You have a beautiful place and a fantastic dream. We also bought our own place a year ago and I have a similar though much smaller ambition. Babies are lots of fun, in fact they're so much fun I bought two weanlings. Recognising that my competition years are far behind me I realised that I actually really enjoy bringing on youngsters and giving them a good start. I'll also look for talented but less affluent riders in a few years who i'd like to support. I really like the idea of giving somebody a proverbial leg up. Many years ago I struggled to afford to compete, any horse I had was somebody else's not quite right horse that had been written off. Back then it was much easier to work your way to gaining experience, not sure how kids who have little money but love horses manage now.

SilverLinings

Visit site
It sounds amazing and that you have a very exciting time ahead! It will be lovely to see how it progresses, thank you for making a thread :)

Asha

Visit site
Congratulations. Sometimes in life you just have to go for it. Love the idea and will look forward to snooping on your updates . Also, looking forward to the HHo BBQ;)