Burghley 2018

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
We're back home today, and somewhat envious of everyone who's still at Burghley or there from today onwards
Definitely think we need a HHO lapel badge and a secret handshake or something...

Fiona
I reckon that wearing a backpack with a stick of rock protruding from it might be a good HHO identifier :D. Also, I now have a strong craving for some rock.

Orangehorse

Visit site
It looks fabulous, I wish I was there. I have only been to Burghley once and that was years ago and I drove there and back on the Saturday and it was too much then and would be far too much 30 years on. I go to Badminton every year as it is relatively close but also like to go and look at the cross country on a dressage day and then watch the TV on the Saturday.

Burghley course looks massive but the fabulous horses just seem to skip over the fences. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Sandstone1

Visit site
It looks like everyone has forgotten Oli's arrogant behaviour at Badminton then (I haven't). Can't find the dressage running order, can anyone help please? We are going tomorrow for a change. Last year Jonty was there...thinking of you and wearing green.

I haven't forgotten. Really hope he doesnt win.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Id like to see Reve de Rouet win.

Looks like I'm not going to go tomorrow after all. My husband has been ill and I don't think I dare leave him another day on his own, he looks worn out after I was away yesterday. I'm not bothered, I've done my shopping, seen the fences and I will happily watch it on tv. It would've felt a bit weird without my husband anyway, it's a special place, we got engaged there.

Clodagh

Visit site
As long as anyone bar Oli wins I will be happy.
First year we haven't been in a long time, but quite looking forward to watching the XC on the telly.

{97702}

Visit site
I must admit that I looked at entry list and thought it looked quite uninteresting :eek: I went to Burghley for the first time in decades a few years (5 years?) ago and found it equally uninspiring, so Badminton every time for me I’m afraid

So pleased that Sir MT is in the lead, another OT victory would just be boring and devisive....

exracehorse

Visit site
Went today for the first time. Mark Todd had a pretty good dressage test on a beautiful grey. He had a huge response from the crowd when his score and rank appeared on the board.

claracanter

Visit site
I agree re giving Oli another chance. It's all in the past now. I do wonder if he has left Cooley Master Class at home as his first choice for the team, should a reserve be called up before WEG. ;-)

I wondered if Laura Collett was doing the same with Mr. Bass. Perhaps she'd got word that one of the others wasn't quite right and she withdrew him from Burghley in the hope he gets to go to WEG.

hattie2525

Visit site
Looks like yet another 4* where the time is going to be pretty much impossible. I know time needs to have an effect but it's a shame when even the classy horses can't come home with no added penalties..

only_me

Visit site
Lol at mark Todd “the white rails, whatever it’s called”

Think he’d know by now since he’s been at burghley for years :p

rosiesowner

Visit site
Lol at mark Todd “the white rails, whatever it’s called”

Think he’d know by now since he’s been at burghley for years :p

If I had to jump that I’d never forget what it was called because it’d haunt my dreams! lol at tim prices horse jumping straight over the middle of those offset rails, gorgeous keen horse!