Can anyone help RSPCA identify those in this video?

amandap

Visit site
Here's a post at the top of comments...
RSPCA are now checking this video. Someone, somewhere must be able to identify these two. If anyone knows who they are, don't post it on here, contact the RSPCA directly on 0300 1234 999 . Speciaist investigators looking into it now.

Anyone who thinks this is an acceptable way to load a horse is seriously missing the point imo! Just because something is legal doesn't make it right or thoughtful and certainly doesn't make it kind! Grrr.

darkhorse123

Visit site
Why are the RSPCA interested?
Whats the problem?
they are using a LEGAL cattle prod to load a horse...SO?

i've had one stuck on my arse..its just like a leccy fence jab..
horse wasnt that bothered was he?

u are joking?????
i suggest everyone with fb shares this and asks their friends to share also - baked bean you are just disgusting

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Whats the problem?

Horse wasn't bothered! (sarcastic remark btw) He reared up and would have been off!

Ok, I think there are far more cases the RSPCA could be focusing on.

But surely this horse will end up associating that electric shock to loading? so not really going to solve the problem long term.

joeanne

Visit site
bb that honestly scared me. The girl with the prod has NO hat on and the horse came close to coming down on her. The girl also used it at the wrong time. She was ready to zap when the horse was walking forward.
And although I couldn't swear to it, the horse was ready to load when it clocked her coming the second time and tried to go backwards.
Useful tool wrong applied in this instant.

dozzie

Visit site
Whats the problem?

I agree with this. It took, what, 3 attempts, and the horse was in.
Next time it will only need to see the prod.

Where can i get one?

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I agree with this. It took, what, 3 attempts, and the horse was in.
Next time it will only need to see the prod.

Where can i get one?

Will it though? Or will it freak out when it sees the box, knowing it's going to get zapped?

Unless they don't think that far ahead that is.

Still, there are better ways, not very compassionate is it. But I wouldn't say it was serious cruelty, just unkind and stupid. Especially as she could have got booted in the head!

sprite1978

Visit site
I personally wouldnt use this technique, but are we going to outlaw electric fences, or the electric fences on horse walkers. These are designed to make a horse go forward, if it stops.

I dont like the vid, but i dont think there is a case to answer in law.

darkhorse123

Visit site
OK..shall we get this in context yes?

Cattle are treated like this at markets/farms/abattoirs on a daily basis...2 dumbass bitches post a vid on FB of themselves trying to load a horse that looked like it would have loaded quite happily if bitch #1 hadnt applied said prodder and made horse rear..who, IMO had had prodder "stuck" before without loading attempts, judging by his reaction to its introduction...and the RSPCA are up in arms about it?

give me a break...they are a bunch of tossers

I just really really hope you dont own a horse '"or cattle" as you say

joeanne

Visit site
ty amanda and baked beans or whatever your called - if you really think this is acceptable behaviour i feel very sorry for your horses - how can you justify such cruelty????

Grow up you silly person!
Do you think there is a difference between a cattle prod used on a cow and a horse?
Errr no there isn't.
The ONLY problems I have with that particular video is it was a) done by a muppet with no hat on and b) it was IMO applied at the wrong time, as from what I can see the horse was going to go in when she nipped up for a second zap. The horse will never learn if the tool is wrongly used....be it a cattle prod/lunge line/mr blue pipe.....insert your own choice here!

amandap

Visit site
I am totally stunned and deeply depressed that anyone considers the use of electric shocks an appropriate training tool. Pain, pain and more pain, no wonder horses kick, bite and even sometimes attack humans! Who are the ones with the brains here then? Not those women that's for sure and I don't care how many degrees they might have, they haven't got any brains that matter as far as horses are concerned.
I know this stuff and even wetting a horse to get more 'effect' (erm pain) goes on but seeing it has made me see red. :mad:

Mike007

Visit site
Personaly ,I thought they handled it very well. Jabbed twice (jolt like an electric fence) Loaded like a lamb. The timing and understanding of the horses mental stance were spot on. I dont expect many will agree ,but then most people havent come across a truely difficult loader. The fact that the girl holding the horse was wearing a crash hat also suggests that they were expecting trouble. As for the RSPCA well they can go F++K themselves.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Bad application, bad timing, bad set up but not a bad product (used properly) People use electric shocks in training dogs and on cattle as said above - if you are disgusted with its use - you have to be disgusted with the use of electric shocks on all animals.

I personally wouldn't do it - I think your timing has to be bang on and you have to be very careful, at one point I seriously thought she was going to get a boot to the face...

But if used once, properly and the horse loads sensibly ever after - fair deal I think.

darkhorse123

Visit site
Grow up you silly person!
Do you think there is a difference between a cattle prod used on a cow and a horse?
Errr no there isn't.
The ONLY problems I have with that particular video is it was a) done by a muppet with no hat on and b) it was IMO applied at the wrong time, as from what I can see the horse was going to go in when she nipped up for a second zap. The horse will never learn if the tool is wrongly used....be it a cattle prod/lunge line/mr blue pipe.....insert your own choice here!

Im actually not a silly person joeanne - just one who doesnt and wouldnt use cruelty or pain to get my horse to behave
If you want to be come ona horse forum and be "big" by prmoting animal cruelty so be it - but dont call me stupid because i dont or wont - i personally think there are other ways -
No im not a "stupid person" because i wouldnt ever electrocute my horse to do as i asked -

Ranyhyn

Visit site
If the RSPCA contact Youtube they will provide the IP adress and details etc, BakedBean has long since proved herself as scum. the sooner she is got rid of the better.

I have reported your comment The_Hooligan, totally out of order and a ridiculous way to act, in what could have been a really interesting debate about a training method.

amandap

Visit site
The cattle question is slightly different imo (though I don't like the use of these or sticks on cattle or any animal, surprise, surprise!) cattle aren't trained like we train horses and have to be moved en masse in stange places like markets and slaughter houses.

dozzie

Visit site
Personaly ,I thought they handled it very well. Jabbed twice (jolt like an electric fence) Loaded like a lamb. The timing and understanding of the horses mental stance were spot on. I dont expect many will agree ,but then most people havent come across a truely difficult loader. The fact that the girl holding the horse was wearing a crash hat also suggests that they were expecting trouble. As for the RSPCA well they can go F++K themselves.

This...apart from the last part re the RSPCA copulating amonst themselves..we dont want indiscriminate breeding...:D

sprite1978

Visit site
If the RSPCA contact Youtube they will provide the IP adress and details etc, BakedBean has long since proved herself as scum. the sooner she is got rid of the better.

I cant comment on this ststement, as I havent trawled back through past posts...However. We need to stop the inconsistancies we have when dealing with horses....THIS IS NOT CRUEL in the true sense.... If it is, then so are electric fences, horse walkers, spurs, whips, or anything else you choose to control, or direct your horse.