Can anyone recomend a free speech horse forum ?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Am I the only one that has no idea what anyone is talking about?
This thread is due to a thread being removed by the mods. They have removed the thread to review it after a complaint and have asked us to not discuss the thread and what happened.

The thread has been removed (temporarily?) for review following a complaint.

In the mean time, please do not restart the conversation elsewhere.

Thank you.

ETA - post from the mods I quoted can be found here. https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/silence-the-little-people.802121/#post-14556663

Gingerwitch

Visit site
So some people (quite a lot it seems) are not allowed to start threads on 'subject x' - but we dont know what 'subject x' is ....
Argh, I have been threatened to be suspended if the place we call the "unmentioable" is mentioned.......all I can say without being banned is look up pammy Hutton dressage and Jane sewell and see if you can put 2 and 2 together and I will see if I get banned lol x

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I've been a member here since 2005 and literally grown up with HHO. Used to post a lot as a teenager but not so much in the latter years until again quite recently. I remember there used to be a New Rider forum, and an Equine World Forum and possibly something called Trot Online? I never found any of them as good as HHO though.

Blast from the past.
Newrider was incredibly popular until it became a subscription service, then it lost most of its members. An IT techie member started Trot Online as a free forum and most of the former posters migrated there. BHS was really good until a vocal minority ruined it for everyone. They just wouldn't behave, so the forum shut down.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well done HHO.

The thread has been restored so anyone searching for info on the stud will find it in search engines.

It's locked so PLEASE don't restart the argument here, I just wanted to praise HHO for not taking the easier way out.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_tack_room

You absolutely don't need to be a parent (or even like children ;-)) plus you are allowed to swear!

The founders /ownerw have stood firm against all sorts of harassment and bullying - they don't pull threads just because they worry about losing advertising.

From the two or three times that I have followed a link from here to mumsnet, I got the impression that it is better if you're like a child who's just learnt a few sweary words!

AGDENHALL

New User
Visit site
I assume that if this forum isn’t allowed to discuss NS then similarly the magazine will very carefully review whether it is so regularly promoted in editorials or columns given there are people out there who have lost horses.