Can anyone recomend a free speech horse forum ?

Gingerwitch

Visit site
No, she's not being a 'self appointed moderator'.
I got a two day ban for a post on that thread.
We need to drop it now.

Take it up on faceache if you feel so passionately about it, but I for one don't want to lose HHO.
She is constantly saying stop this stop that, I am sure the TFC can ban those who dont suit the forum or suspend them.

zandp

Visit site
I've been a member here since 2005 and literally grown up with HHO. Used to post a lot as a teenager but not so much in the latter years until again quite recently. I remember there used to be a New Rider forum, and an Equine World Forum and possibly something called Trot Online? I never found any of them as good as HHO though.
Equine World wasn't free speech at all either, owned and run by 1 person and she ruled.

New Rider is still going, although not the same since it went subscription. Trot Online went really childish.

Visit site
She is constantly saying stop this stop that, I am sure the TFC can ban those who dont suit the forum or suspend them.

Now banning those who do things you don't like really would be curtailing free speech.
Put her on UI if she irks you that much, rather than expecting the forum to be run to your whims and fancies.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Now banning those who do things you don't like really would be curtailing free speech.
Put her on UI if she irks you that much, rather than expecting the forum to be run to your whims and fancies.
Hey, I did not get banned!
Why are you twisting the post?
I said I am sure the TFC can ban or suspend those that are not suited. Not me.

Visit site
I'm not, considering it was a discussion over free speech originally.
Also happy to send screenshots of what I was banned for to anyone who wants to see it.

My sentiment was that 'not suited' is about as subjective as you can get, and you brought it up over something you simply didn't agree with, rather than was an outright violation of anything.

Visit site
It's also worth noting that I was banned because of an accumulation of warning points rather than because of any one particular post. I do collect a fair few points for swearing, and I'd used the f word uncensored on a spam post that day too.

moosea

Visit site
Perhaps TFC could let us know what aspect caused a problem and if we are allowed to discuss it without those aspects or if we are not allowed to discuss it at all.
I think as this is a horse forum it is a subject that is very important.

Visit site
I will just clarify that when I say I was banned over the post in the ns thread, I mean the warning point I got for it was the one that pushed my total over the threshold for a three day ban.

I got the point for it as it was deemed defamatory against H&H; it broke no laws and wasn't particularly immoral, just in somewhat bad taste, and I can absolutely understand why HHO's perspective on it and why they removed it and took action against my account for it.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Perhaps TFC could let us know what aspect caused a problem and if we are allowed to discuss it without those aspects or if we are not allowed to discuss it at all.
I think as this is a horse forum it is a subject that is very important.
This is what TFC posted on the locked thread after the review. It seems pretty clear to me.

‘Following a review of reported content within this thread several posts have been removed that were in breach of the HHO forum T&C.

The thread is not open for further replies.

Please do not restart this conversation elsewhere on the HHO forum.’

VioletStripe

Visit site
I don't want to bring up the subject explicitly but I am interested to know how HHO does its advertising banners - is it similar to instagram and the likes who uses your microphone and/or data from searches to tailor adverts?

I only ask as a couple of days ago, the organisation in question on the other was an advert for well over a day, every time I logged onto the forum - after it had happened a few times I actually took a screenshot because I was quite shocked.

Either way, I was shocked to see it and I would be very interested in seeing how this advertising works - if HHO have control over what appears on the banner ads then it speaks volumes about the organisation.

Please note - I am NOT opening a discussion for the topic again. Please do not do this. I am purely asking how HHO's ppc banner ads work...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I don't want to bring up the subject explicitly but I am interested to know how HHO does its advertising banners - is it similar to instagram and the likes who uses your microphone and/or data from searches to tailor adverts?

I only ask as a couple of days ago, the organisation in question on the other was an advert for well over a day, every time I logged onto the forum - after it had happened a few times I actually took a screenshot because I was quite shocked.

Either way, I was shocked to see it and I would be very interested in seeing how this advertising works - if HHO have control over what appears on the banner ads then it speaks volumes about the organisation.

Please note - I am NOT opening a discussion for the topic again. Please do not do this. I am purely asking how HHO's ppc banner ads work...
You are probably more likely to get a reply if you pop a post up in the Feedback, suggestions and queries section of the forum.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

It generally works that the adverts fed will reflect what is being read and written. Which would produce the bitter irony that the more we criticised "that place" the more it got advertised!