Can i have some positive vibes

Mosh

Visit site
Got to my mare this evening and found her down with colic.

Called the vet immediately and diagnosed with spasmodic colic.

She's had some muscle relaxants, pain relief and done sedation. Full internal exam and everything looks okay internally.

Over the period of 4 hours slowly introduced food and she is very angry at her reduced portions but much brighter in herself now, trying to escape.

Can I have some positive vibes that we are over the minor blip and back to her ridiculous Welsh self tomorrow!

Mosh

Visit site
Thank you everyone. Left the yard a few minutes ago and she was bloody fuming with me. The portions were not up to her usual standard.

She had a warm mash (usual food) and a small haynet.

After discussion with the vet we have decided to leave her to settle for the night as being there was making her stressy, along with making the others stressy which in turn made her more stressy!
The vet feels like it is probably connected to the random weather we've had recently and if it happens again we will investigate further to a certain point. She's 28 so she won't have anything very invasive. She owes me nothing and I owe her everything.

Fingers crossed she'll be back to her legendary self!

Mosh

Visit site
Changes of routine can cause problems in the first place!

28 is a great age. ?

Thank you. She is still ridden, hacking out for many miles, still jumps (little ones for fun) and schools (for fun) and we've done some online showing over the winter. She still loves to bugger off as fast she can over the fields and it's up to me if I go with her or not!

TheSubwayDino

Visit site
Got to my mare this evening and found her down with colic.

Called the vet immediately and diagnosed with spasmodic colic.

She's had some muscle relaxants, pain relief and done sedation. Full internal exam and everything looks okay internally.

Over the period of 4 hours slowly introduced food and she is very angry at her reduced portions but much brighter in herself now, trying to escape.

Can I have some positive vibes that we are over the minor blip and back to her ridiculous Welsh self tomorrow!
Sending positive vibes ??

TPO

Visit site
Sorry I missed this but glad thst your mare is OK and fully recovered.

She is gorgeous and echo everyone else thst she looks at least half her age. You've done a cracking job with her

Mosh

Visit site
Thank you for all the lovely comments. I'm very lucky to have her. As she's got older, she's got sassy, cheeky and very opinionated! She is a very kind mare however (mostly!) And adores children. She is very very chestnut though.20220401_200237_copy_867x1156.jpg

I've discovered how to upload photos so I will bore you with them now!

Birker2020

Visit site
Thank you everyone. Left the yard a few minutes ago and she was bloody fuming with me. The portions were not up to her usual standard.

She had a warm mash (usual food) and a small haynet.

After discussion with the vet we have decided to leave her to settle for the night as being there was making her stressy, along with making the others stressy which in turn made her more stressy!
The vet feels like it is probably connected to the random weather we've had recently and if it happens again we will investigate further to a certain point. She's 28 so she won't have anything very invasive. She owes me nothing and I owe her everything.

Fingers crossed she'll be back to her legendary self!
What an amazing beautiful red colour your mare is. Love her mane with all its streaks of colours. x

My previous horse used to get colic if there was a bout of heavy rain following a relatively mild period. YO would always say to remind me, be careful with Bailey now due to the weather.