CC my First Novice test!

diggerbez

Visit site
what a lovely horsey
grin.gif
grin.gif

for me you look a little perched...not leaning forwards as such but not sitting comfortably (i know what i mean...just not very good at explaining self!
smile.gif
) - possibly some work without stirrups would work?
and i think you could bend elbows more
but i really have no idea what i am talking about so feel free to completely ignore me
grin.gif
tongue.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
i do exactly the same which is why i spotted it
grin.gif
my old instructor once tied my hands together with twine during a lesson in at attempt to stop my hands wobbling about!! the only problem was it made me clamp my elbows...i think i'm getting somewhere with it now but constantly have to think 'BEND ELBOWS'!!
grin.gif

catembi

Visit site
Ooooh, I remember your horsey now.... very nice!

And thanks for posting this - I'd totally forgotten about photographer! Will now try & post a link to mine...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
what a lovely horsey
grin.gif
grin.gif

for me you look a little perched...not leaning forwards as such but not sitting comfortably (

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, your horse looks like a real sweetie
smile.gif
I think the 'perched' look is stemming from your hands which look a bit fixed down towards her neck. You almost look like you are leaning forwards over your hands in some of the pics.

I understand what you say about finding it difficult to keep your hands still, but think you will find it easier if you can keep them up in front of you a bit more (and it might also make it easier to keep a nice contact). What about the old pony club trick of carrying a short stick across your hands, with your thumbs on top? That can really help to make you aware of your hands, and also encourages a bend in the elbow.

Well done on your first Novice though
smile.gif