CCI* qualification.... help please

quizzie

Visit site
Am I right in thinking you now have to do a cic* to be eligible for a cic**? Rather than being able to get the qualification from intermediates?

Qualifications which would have enabled you to do x level in 2012 will carry on to cover you to do x level in 2013. This is one of the concessions ERA worked on in their meeting with the FEI.

I spoke to BE after the FEI published their regs, & after the ERA meeting, & BE confirmed to me that in spite of being qualified to do a CIC**in 2012, & having completed a CIC**(with one glance off,& then took it slowly, so not an MER).....because I have not done a 1* of any description, i WILL now have to go back to do a 1*, which seems to contradict Kerillis comment. If I had got an MER, that would not apply...!

Any further clarification gratefully received!!!.

blue2262

Visit site
True, but A, have you noted that someone above has pointed out that the FEI has now stipulated (presumably to help with transition) that if you were qualified to ride at a certain level in 2012 you will still be qualified in 2013? will this help S?

I don't think so because FEI are still saying that for National Riders the qualification has to be as a combination, which means at least 1 CIC1*, may be more depending on what BE decide. I think it means that riders retain their qualifications as a combination for this season, but not otherwise. For us it means that the novice horse with 8 points who started eventing last Aug remains qualified to do a CIC2*, but the advanced horse that has been 3* has to go back to 1*.
What is most fruastrating is still not knowing what the national requirements are, without that we dont know if it is worth chasing an early 1*. Still it has given me something to think about while I sit in bed looking at my plastered foot again!

daisycrazy

Visit site
I don't necessarily agree with previous posters about your prospects of doing a CCI* by the end of the season. If your horse has jumped 1.40m tracks and you are a good rider but not necessarily experienced in eventing (although it sounds like you've done a couple of seasons at BE100 so you're bound to have learned something!), then with a good trainer and assuming no glitches, it should not be out of the question. The only thing I would say is that to be aiming at a CCI* this season, I would expect you to be confident enough to need no more than one BE100 run (max two) at the beginning of the season before moving up. That would give you a longer season at novice to get a feel for whether you are ready for a stronger test and would also indicate that you've come out of the winter feeling braver and more prepared than at the end of last season.

jess_asterix

Visit site
I don't necessarily agree with previous posters about your prospects of doing a CCI* by the end of the season. If your horse has jumped 1.40m tracks and you are a good rider but not necessarily experienced in eventing (although it sounds like you've done a couple of seasons at BE100 so you're bound to have learned something!), then with a good trainer and assuming no glitches, it should not be out of the question. The only thing I would say is that to be aiming at a CCI* this season, I would expect you to be confident enough to need no more than one BE100 run (max two) at the beginning of the season before moving up. That would give you a longer season at novice to get a feel for whether you are ready for a stronger test and would also indicate that you've come out of the winter feeling braver and more prepared than at the end of last season.

I do think tbh that he would go out and do it without a problem and we already have some XC lessons booked in with a very good trainer before the season starts.
The problem is that I cannot go Novice before Badminton Grassroots or I would have done 2 100's and moved up to Novice straight away. Therefore the first opportunity I will get to go Novice is not until the end of May so we may be pushing it abit to get several novice runs and a CIC or two in before the end of the season. x

TableDancer

Visit site

I don't disagree with this, tbh :) It is more that if Jess sticks to her plan of not going N till Mount Ballan in May the timing will be tight. Even then, it is not out of the question, but my view would be that I wouldn't be having it as an aim at this stage, I'd wait and see how the season progressed. Speaking as one who (with a bit of help from the teenage jockey! ;)) took a 14.2 pony which had never competed before from its first BE90 to CIC* in one season, anything is possible - my friend took a horse, which had also previously SJd, from BE90 to double clear and 5th at the 7yos CCI** at Osberton last year too :eek: So I agree, I'm by no means ruling it out, but to have it as an aim may be setting yourself up for disappointment. Personally, I'd have in my mind a couple of CIC*s this autumn, then early next year some ints, a CCI* - then if all was going well I would have no problem for aiming for an autumn CCI** 2014. So I don't think we are miles apart and end up in the same place, it's just how you get there :cool: :cool:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I guess the consideration for Jess is if the horse is a great Sjer and reliable xc she needs to stay under the 5 BE points for Badminton GR which is I am guessing the main priority hence going N in May?

jess_asterix

Visit site
I guess the consideration for Jess is if the horse is a great Sjer and reliable xc she needs to stay under the 5 BE points for Badminton GR which is I am guessing the main priority hence going N in May?

We have qualified at 90 so have to have 0 points or I would have done one before and took the risk! So yes that is the reason for not doing a Novice until May :)