cctv 4G

captainmark

Visit site
Hi, does anyone have experience of external 4G cctv at stables etc please? cost / cost to run / efficiency / product and company recommendations please if possible? We have mains electric. Everything I look at is gobbledygook!

(Finally have phone line / internet but upload is only 1mbsp which scuppers plan to use this and upload to cloud / see on phone/laptop etc. Have asked provider to look to see if they can speed it up but not hopeful).

many thanks..........m

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have recently bought a reolink go which is 4g and also battery/solar powered, I'm super pleased as I have neither electric nor wifi where I'm siting it.
As you have electric can you run a mobile hotspot because that would give you many more economical options I think.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I have recently bought a reolink go which is 4g and also battery/solar powered, I'm super pleased as I have neither electric nor wifi where I'm siting it.
As you have electric can you run a mobile hotspot because that would give you many more economical options I think.

I've been looking at these, same situation, no electric or wifi. Could you advise which one you went for please?

milliepops

Visit site
I've been looking at these, same situation, no electric or wifi. Could you advise which one you went for please?
Reolink Go with the solar panel. Very occasionally it takes a couple of goes to load the stream but the signal isn't the best where I am so all mobile data can be a little slow. It's a great camera though and gives clear pictures (and sound ) and very easy to set up.

here's a clip I downloaded of the horses getting a case of the rain sillies.

Last edited:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
That's great quality. Do you just have 1 camera off it? I was hoping for 3/4 so I could cover entrance, tackroom and then maybe stable and field.

milliepops

Visit site
yeah just one as it's a self contained unit, you can literally walk anywhere with it, put it down and then view from your phone. There's really no installation other than screwing it to something ;)

i think with a bit more faff you could set up something to run more cameras off but I wanted something to just plonk down and go, because I'm going to be moving it from place to place.

captainmark

Visit site
update - seems it will be workable. finally found a cctv company who would have a sensible real conversation. seems the market is swamped with false claims etc. no decision as yet but will keep this updated if it helps anyone else https://www.cctv42.co.uk/ looks like storage to cloud or remotely not practical/affordable. but will be able to see online and hace individual frame emailed when movement sensed. 4G router not as good as a slow fixed line apparently!?

tda

Visit site
yeah just one as it's a self contained unit, you can literally walk anywhere with it, put it down and then view from your phone. There's really no installation other than screwing it to something ;)

i think with a bit more faff you could set up something to run more cameras off but I wanted something to just plonk down and go, because I'm going to be moving it from place to place.
Millipops, how is this system working for you - is it still ok?
I need something I can put to cover our gateway as someone is throwing nails and staples on our driveway ? . Lots of flat tyres for our neighbours over the last week, I had my first one today ?

milliepops

Visit site
Oh thanks, just been looking at info, can you set it to tell you when someone enters the area?
yeah you can set the app to alert you when the motion sensors are triggered. I turned it off as the horses trigger it constantly :p

what are the set up and running costs please ?

for the reolink running costs are £4 per month for the v sim, set up is just whatever price you pay for the camera which varies.

Nasicus

Visit site
I'm another Reolink Go Convert, love it, got two now!
@milliepops I noticed your FPS on the video above is pretty low, is that by choice (due to signal)? Only because I wanted to point out to prospective buyers that you can choose the FPS rate for both Fluent and Clear modes :)

milliepops

Visit site
yeah on another thread more recently I posted some clips with it set on the higher rate. I've got one in the stable and one in the field now (bought the second prior to foalwatch starting ;) )

sharni

Visit site
yeah you can set the app to alert you when the motion sensors are triggered. I turned it off as the horses trigger it constantly :p

for the reolink running costs are £4 per month for the v sim, set up is just whatever price you pay for the camera which varies.
Thank you