Celeris Boots - has anyone taken the plunge?

jnb

Visit site
I had some from Nikki Moxon on Facebook (main dealer in UK)
They were beautiful and fitted my calves (41cm) perfectly however as I have a knee that is very prone to swelling, the rise at the side was too much for me so I had to send them back. Gutted. They were beautiful.
The only other thing i would say is compared to other boots such as Ariat, Mountain Horse etc they are very rigid feeling. I assume they break in and soften (mine were the Bia)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I kept looking at them but I have a plate and screws in my ankle and some boots sit on it and can rub and it can get really uncomfortable, so I got another pair of mountain horse boots for Christmas from my oh instead, I would really love to get a pair though I am sure someone on here got 2 pairs and posted pictures a while back.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have some navy Bia boots, which are the ones with laces, i do really like them but I am used to stiff tall boots and do prefer them to ride in, i don't like soft boots. i also got them from Nikki Moxon rather than getting bespoke from Celeris. Nikki is excellent to deal with.

Otherwise

Visit site
I bought a sample pair of navy bia, they are absolutely stunning and with the laces they fit pretty much perfectly despite not being made for me. I couldn't really justify them to myself at full price, especially as an everyday pair, but they were almost half price in the sale.

j1ffy

Visit site
I have two pairs of long boots (a polo passage and an Olivia, I think the names may have changed now) and some short boots and chaps (the short boots I got in their sample sales, the chaps are custom made).

I love them and would get another pair. I’m terrible at looking after stuff and the leather on the inside leg of the first books has worn quite quickly but they’re over 3 years old now and I’ve worn them a lot. On that pair, it took a while to wear in at the bottom where the zip starts as I have high arches and didn’t end up with bruises at the top of my feet for the first month or so. They’re semi-rigid on the leg and immediately improved my position.

I went with the Olivia for my second pair to avoid the zip issue, but wish I’d stuck with the polo passage as they’re a bit looser on the ankle.

Pair 2 - Olivias
DFEF7D1D-BB07-404B-88F6-B4348A5FF593.jpeg
Pair 1:
09ED492C-228D-479E-90DC-E076ABE75954.jpeg

j1ffy

Visit site
I got mine direct from Celeris (Cate in Surrey). The experience of going to the studio to be measured and choose your design was great.

VioletStripe

Visit site
Ohh thank you for your responses everyone! That's really fab.

When you go in to have them measured, are you able to try on a sample pair? Hearing a few of you say that they are rather stiff makes me want to have a feel of a pair before actually putting in an order...

j1ffy

Visit site
Ohh thank you for your responses everyone! That's really fab.

When you go in to have them measured, are you able to try on a sample pair? Hearing a few of you say that they are rather stiff makes me want to have a feel of a pair before actually putting in an order...

There were plenty of samples to try when I went. I’d had Ariat Bromont’s up to that point so there was quite a difference, but nothing uncomfortable other than the top of foot that I mentioned, which was only while putting them on and completely unpredicted by anyone!

The only unpleasant stiffness that I experienced was when (foolishly) trying to ride in the dressage boots in a jump saddle for a hack canter - turns out the stiffer dressage models aren’t designed for short stirrups...