CEM swabs - how fast for certificate?

Gingernags

Visit site
How quickly have people got their CEM swabs back?

Basically had a cock up with Asti's - got done on Friday but lab didn't get it til Tuesday so its no good for testing. Took her back yesterday so fingers crossed they'll have got it this morning... I know its 7 days to culture it and if nothing appears we're all ready to go but...

She was DEFINATELY in season on 19 May, and I *think* on 20 and 21 which would mean she *should* be back in season on 6 June, which is 7 days exactly for the swab - in which case if the vets can find out on Wenesday - I can take her straight there on Wed night and we should catch her about instantly if she doesn't throw a strop and come out of season from being moved...

BUT if 19 was her last day in, she'll be back in season on 4 June, 2 days before, so we might just catch her mid season *if* we get results on 6 June, but any longer and we'll miss...

I know its only another 15 days but we're trying to time things so Ivy goes off to brat camp for a week with Byter as company while Asti is away, and so the brat and mum get back before sister goes on holiday...

My this gets complicated!!!!!

grin.gif

Amazona

Visit site
7 days usually. how well do you know the vet/stud.
Again used to get the lab to phone as soon as they get a result. saves waiting and wasting valuble time. then got certificate 5 days later.

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Tills' were back in 7 days.
She was *supposed* to be in season on Friday having counted the days, and gone straight to stud, but she had other ideas....
Ended up having a PG injection and was booted off to stud on monday morning. Hopefully she's being as receptive to the stallion as my other mare is with our gelding here
blush.gif
smirk.gif

This breeding thing is too complicated for my liking!

Gingernags

Visit site
Well last mare we sent off to stud, owner knows the vet and took his word for it that mare was a maiden and therefore fine!!! Very trusting but I've known both the stallion owner and vet for 20 years plus!

I'll ring on wed, if the vet has the results I'll ask them to confirm it if I get the stud to ring. Its only a small local stud and this owner will know my vet so that should be enough and the orange one can go and think of England!

grin.gif