Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

mini_b

Visit site
If he was £500 he would already be in the big field at the livery yard, but I just dont have £3000 plus another £3000 potentially set fire to. I thought about taking him on to leave him out int he big 30 acre over the winter, but the purchase price is prohibitive sadly

do you think it’s worth putting an offer in and explaining why you’ve made that offer.
they want him to go to a “forever home” and he’s far more likely to find that going to someone knowledgable for cheap. Rather than someone trying to medicate and ride him sound and sell him on.

silv

Visit site
If he was £500 he would already be in the big field at the livery yard, but I just dont have £3000 plus another £3000 potentially set fire to. I thought about taking him on to leave him out int he big 30 acre over the winter, but the purchase price is prohibitive sadly
I would go and see hm and make the offer, Hopefully the owners will realise that you are genuine and accept it. I doubt that they are going to be inundated with buyers especially with autumn and winter coming on.
He could be the Tackrooom mascot.
such a sweet, gentle looking soul.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Need a rider - ABSOLUTELY NO NOVICES

ex racer that throws its toys out sideways backwards when you pick up a rein contact, best if you just sit there. Knows where all the gallop spots are.
can’t be schooled or jumped due to injury.
Spooky when hacking alone and also tries to nap.

so all of the folk that want a happy hack are going to be absolutely fighting over that one. Oh and no financial contribution required but if you love it you can take it on loan!!

If it's the same one I saw, they wanted it rode 5 times a week. Quite a commitment in the winter if you can't ride in a school.

If not, there is 2!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would go and view. Explain that you would be prepared to pay £500 and why.

Often people put a fairly high price on this type of horse to discourage the bin end dealers, but then deal down when a nice home comes.

maya2008

Visit site

Often people put a fairly high price on this type of horse to discourage the bin end dealers, but then deal down when a nice home comes.

I would want some preliminary vet investigations before taking such a horse on. Some lamenesses are not fixable, and at that young age hock arthritis etc is a real possibility. I have known horses never come sound from issues found early in their career, despite thousands of pounds spent on vet bills. It’s one of the reasons I buy carefully, and unbacked.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would want some preliminary vet investigations before taking such a horse on. Some lamenesses are not fixable, and at that young age hock arthritis etc is a real possibility. I have known horses never come sound from issues found early in their career, despite thousands of pounds spent on vet bills. It’s one of the reasons I buy carefully, and unbacked.

Ah well, Rigs is primarily a companion horse with benefits. It wouldn't matter if my companion horse was rideable or not. If nothing was obvious, I would take shoes off, walk in hand on the roads and see what I had in spring. At £500 it wouldn't be such a risk.

catembi

Visit site
Aaarrggghhh, now I want him too! He's a twin of my boy but with a star. Mine failed the vet on lameness & xrays showed navicular changes. I kept him anyway as I wasn't convinced & it turned out to be a longstanding grumbling abscess. Sorted it out & the horse is perfectly sound. But it's an almighty gamble.

Someone else please buy him so that I can't!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site

I would go and see hm and make the offer, Hopefully the owners will realise that you are genuine and accept it. I doubt that they are going to be inundated with buyers especially with autumn and winter coming on.
He could be the Tackrooom mascot.
such a sweet, gentle looking soul.

I actually did cave and sent a PM enquiring about him as no phone number, but alas no reply sadly.

HorseMaid

Visit site
I've just seen this:

20 Yr old arab mare, ex broodmare, sway back, arthritis in hocks, doesn't like to stand to be mounted, old injury to her wither and one leg, has a sarcoid, needs to gain weight and top line, can't go in the school, suitable for happy hacker or companion home, for the princely sum of £2000 if you please. Poor bloody thing.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I've just seen this:

20 Yr old arab mare, ex broodmare, sway back, arthritis in hocks, doesn't like to stand to be mounted, old injury to her wither and one leg, has a sarcoid, needs to gain weight and top line, can't go in the school, suitable for happy hacker or companion home, for the princely sum of £2000 if you please. Poor bloody thing.

Poor thing ?

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Anyone want an 18 y o project?
[name] is 13 hand 18 year old cob [she] has good ground manners will stand all day to be groomed great to load ect she needs a bit of work in the school but has potential to be a children's pony in the future.

Melody Grey

Visit site
I've just seen this:

I saw this. Surely home more important than price/ good loan home would be a better prospect if needs must?!

Fabel

Visit site
‘14.2hh 3yo cob dope on a rope, more woah than go, Looking for something with more oomph, lives out on nothing’ I commented on feeding him something. At the very least hay as the field was bare and the fact he was 3yo in a 3 ring gag that if he was that quiet he wouldn’t need that bit, also at 3yo he was weak and unbalanced that with better feeding and not being worked into the ground he would improve and become more what she wanted. Her reply was to laugh, call me clueless and to f*** off. Poor pony I really hope he finds a nice home that will treat him as the baby he is.

JBM

Visit site
Yearling filly
Should make 15.1hh and as quiet as you like.
Easy caught, led, clipped, good for the farrier and ok to load.
Chipped and the passport was sent away waiting on it to come back.

…she can’t be a year and is FULLY clipped..can see her ribs clearly

Fabel

Visit site
Yearling filly
Should make 15.1hh and as quiet as you like.
Easy caught, led, clipped, good for the farrier and ok to load.
Chipped and the passport was sent away waiting on it to come back.

…she can’t be a year and is FULLY clipped..can see her ribs clearly
What makes you think she’s not a yearling?

Fabel

Visit site
I think the poster means she is probably not even a year old yet and is already fullly clipped out. Why would you clip a baby.
Skin or coat issues. We rescued 2 8 month old both had to be clipped out to deal with skin infections. It’s not un heard of and doesn’t mean they are not a certain age. Also with it being skinny the pony in question has either been rescued or needs rescuing

JBM

Visit site
Skin or coat issues. We rescued 2 8 month old both had to be clipped out to deal with skin infections. It’s not un heard of and doesn’t mean they are not a certain age. Also with it being skinny the pony in question has either been rescued or needs rescuing
She breed it from her own mare says in the post so owned since birth