Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Fieldlife

Visit site
Looking for my next unicorn.
Looking for my next unicorn ?
There is a few musts.
Must be....
An all-arounder as will be literally doing a bit of everything
??16.1-16.3
??Must be safe
?? Must not need riding every day without losing its head
?? 5-8 years
??Hack alone and in company (mainly alone)
??Hunted and proved SANE AND ENJOYABLE doing so .
??Not have any complicated vices that make any outings unenjoyable
??Enjoy jumping SJ/ XC
??Good balanced paces
??Must load well on a trailer
??Must be good for farrier and to clip!

??Would prefer a mare but nothing that is super Marish but a gelding will be considered for the right horse.
??My must list is exactly what I want as my current mare is just a diva. .
Thanks for reading ???

Think if you have £20k and are lucky could get all of that in one horse.

Melody Grey

Visit site
Cracking ad today for a newly broken standardbred….3yrs old and in a three ring Dutch gag with reins on the bottom ring…not at all strong or silly apparently and loves a good gallop as demonstrated by teenager wearing trainers in the pics!!
Sounds like the poor thing’s had a hell of a start to it’s ridden career there ?

maya2008

Visit site
Some of the saddest ads I have seen in the last week, have been people offloading their old/lame/sick animals before winter. Cheeky prices required, obviously, to purchase said horse/pony. Amongst them were some honest ones - for example a 20yo pony who looked full of life in the ad and would probably happily teach a few more children before he was done. Yet those were few and far between.

Visit site
The ones that make me laugh are the people who set up go fund me type things trying to get people to pay for their stabling, entries, fuel etc for them to go to a competition. We're not talking about pony/riding clubs fund raising to get to championships a distance away. We are talking about people wanting to take their animal to a bog standard competition but dont want to pay for it themelves.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Cracking ad today for a newly broken standardbred….3yrs old and in a three ring Dutch gag with reins on the bottom ring…not at all strong or silly apparently and loves a good gallop as demonstrated by teenager wearing trainers in the pics!!
Sounds like the poor thing’s had a hell of a start to it’s ridden career there ?

I see ones like this that say 'slowly and gently started 3/4yo, real good introduction to ridden work' then you see it in draw reins and some sort of gag/pelham in 8 of it's 10 photos

Bobthecob15

Visit site
On the local horsey page, I spied an advert asking for someone to ride her teeny pony-first off lead rein pony-and pay full livery or do DIY, so full costs. However, the owner still wanted her child to ride it and….to still be able to take it to shows, which the loaner would be welcome to attend as long as they paid costs. What a great deal! ?
? blimey I bet someone does it too!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Saw another 4yr old 'mother's dream' pony the other day, videos on the Fb page of it refusing to load and it kept napping on the hack. Sounds perfect to me ?

Usually followed by ...the perfect child's first pony...assuming you want a green just backed one that hasn't been out and seen or done anything ?

Redcow-hat

Visit site
2 on the dodgy dealers pages recently that made my jaw drop. Both wanting to know (months later) if they had any comeback on the dealer

1- Bought horse, unvetted, with 'rotten feet' disclosed that seller said potentially needed up to a year to regrow. Buyer apparently couldn't properly see the feet due to something the farrier had done. Turns out it has laminitis. New owner lamenting that she's having to spend money on vet.

2- Bought an unvetted horse described as unbacked. Horse was visibly lame at viewing and on bute and antibiotics, apparently for castration. Horse is now....lame (shock horror!). Has the buyer got any comeback on the dealer?!

I wonder what goes through these peoples heads when they buy these horses. You take a risk on a horse with a known problem, you can't just get your money back when it turns out to have the problem you already knew about!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
2 on the dodgy dealers pages recently that made my jaw drop. Both wanting to know (months later) if they had any comeback on the dealer

1- Bought horse, unvetted, with 'rotten feet' disclosed that seller said potentially needed up to a year to regrow. Buyer apparently couldn't properly see the feet due to something the farrier had done. Turns out it has laminitis. New owner lamenting that she's having to spend money on vet.

2- Bought an unvetted horse described as unbacked. Horse was visibly lame at viewing and on bute and antibiotics, apparently for castration. Horse is now....lame (shock horror!). Has the buyer got any comeback on the dealer?!

I wonder what goes through these peoples heads when they buy these horses. You take a risk on a horse with a known problem, you can't just get your money back when it turns out to have the problem you already knew about!

I saw both of those and am still sitting on my hands.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Due to the current financial situation readers may notice cutbacks in punctuation we sorry for any inconvenience for example

Stunning pony 3yo don't be put of dead quite easy Kids ride him all over place .no vices soild boy cheap as he is
[name] is one of them horses that truly come around for a person once in a lifetime he really is the most mannerly stallion we have ever met he is respectful of you the space dosnt scream and shout

o_O

Last edited:

honetpot

Visit site
I used to be on a yard with someone who rode Western, and they corrected my impression that it was still one-saddle-fits-all in the Western world. It used to be the case in the days of the Wild West, when cowboys would have their own saddle that they put on whatever horse they were riding, but not any more.

I suppose it's like the old universal pattern cavalry saddles, where there was a lot that could be done with blankets but, at the end of the day, the saddle was a certain shape. It was helped to fit by the fact that the cavalry horses were of a similar type (at the start of a campaign, anyway), which probably also applies to the old cowhorses.

(Obviously, there's still a lot of variation within the type, but it's not like you're trying to use the same saddle on a TB, a Percheron and a Shetland.)
When I was a teenager I rode for a small dealer, we had our 'own' saddle, which went on anything. They were the old very thin cavalry style or frying pans saddles, and you had thick felt numnahs, and they majority of what we had was not over fat, if it was you had to ride bare back.
I have one saddle that, 'fits any thing', I have on a LR pony to a 16hands,its an old GFS show saddle with thin panels, but I tend to buy animals that have the same build.

maya2008

Visit site
Just seen one… 15.2-16.2, to take 13 stone, paragon of virtue suitable for children (age 6 plus) and adults, schoolmaster to take kids off the lead, hacks alone etc etc. 9-13 years so prime age too. They reckon their 2.5-3.5k budget is ‘not huge but adequate for our requirements’.

Wow… first, that you could get all that in one horse (however saintly the horse, 15.2hh is a long way to fall if the six year old child does something silly, and they definitely cannot learn to groom and tack it up without a stepladder) and secondly that someone would be so unbelievably out of touch with the current market, that they think a horse worth well over £10k should be sold to them for such a small price. I have a 14.2hh who is roughly what they want, and the minimum age I would put on him is 8 years old, simply because of his physical size. My 6 year old came off the lead on a 13.3hh old timer, and she managed to fall off that three times, completely through her own fault and not at all the pony’s doing. That was quite far enough for a small child to fall!

DirectorFury

Visit site
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/121761154/17hh-5-year-old-irish-sport-horse.html?link=/search?keyword=17hh

this advert... he has soundness issues and someone needs to invest the time into getting him sound.. and pay £3000 for the privilege, not to mention the vets fees as he will be uninsurable. Mental.
Oh he's got such a lovely face :(. There's a fair chance he'd come sound if someone sorted out those awful feet, £3k is way too much to take a punt on that though.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Equestrian Influencer looking for work in the North East

Variety of content available from UGC for your buisness to post or content shared on my socials.

Packages from £50

Open to negotiations at xxxx

Examples of my previous work are available, also open to trade stall work & modelling. I have an incredible team of photographers that I work alongside.

Full Media Pack available via DM

Followed selfies of teenager with pony definitely not incredible photographer

SilverLinings

Visit site
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/121761154/17hh-5-year-old-irish-sport-horse.html?link=/search?keyword=17hh

this advert... he has soundness issues and someone needs to invest the time into getting him sound.. and pay £3000 for the privilege, not to mention the vets fees as he will be uninsurable. Mental.

Bit concerning that they say that despite the lameness the horse can still be hacked, especially as they don't seem to know what is causing said lameness :oops:

mini_b

Visit site
Need a rider - ABSOLUTELY NO NOVICES

ex racer that throws its toys out sideways backwards when you pick up a rein contact, best if you just sit there. Knows where all the gallop spots are.
can’t be schooled or jumped due to injury.
Spooky when hacking alone and also tries to nap.

so all of the folk that want a happy hack are going to be absolutely fighting over that one. Oh and no financial contribution required but if you love it you can take it on loan!!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Need a rider - ABSOLUTELY NO NOVICES

ex racer that throws its toys out sideways backwards when you pick up a rein contact, best if you just sit there. Knows where all the gallop spots are.
can’t be schooled or jumped due to injury.
Spooky when hacking alone and also tries to nap.

so all of the folk that want a happy hack are going to be absolutely fighting over that one. Oh and no financial contribution required but if you love it you can take it on loan!!

Doubly good deal as you get to pay for not only kissing spine surgery but also it's ulcer treatment, a new saddle, dentist and probably a head to toe MRI if you have it on full loan - please form an orderly queue! :p

mini_b

Visit site
Doubly good deal as you get to pay for not only kissing spine surgery but also it's ulcer treatment, a new saddle, dentist and probably a head to toe MRI if you have it on full loan - please form an orderly queue! :p

No, no you’ve got it all wrong - It’s behaviour is down to it being an ex racer! Already explained that one!

DirectorFury

Visit site

I can’t stop thinking about this lad, something about him has really got under my skin. I hope he gets a good home and that that good home isn’t with me.

nagblagger

Visit site
[QUOTE="DirectorFury, post:I can’t stop thinking about this lad, something about him has really got under my skin. I hope he gets a good home and that that good home isn’t with me.[/QUOTE]

Oh go on...go and see him. What have you got to lose?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I can’t stop thinking about this lad, something about him has really got under my skin. I hope he gets a good home and that that good home isn’t with me.

If he was £500 he would already be in the big field at the livery yard, but I just dont have £3000 plus another £3000 potentially set fire to. I thought about taking him on to leave him out int he big 30 acre over the winter, but the purchase price is prohibitive sadly