Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

rowan666

Visit site
I thought most people were happy to do chores in exchange for rides? That's how I did things as a kid, worked in the riding school a couple of days a week and get an hours lesson on each of the days worked?
i thought the same tbh, I know a lot of people who would bite their arm off for that opportunity! it's like a free part loan and on a yard with great facilities, sounds like a great deal to me unless I've missed something?

EQUIDAE

Visit site
What's it also tells me is that you have so much stuff running on your phone that you could easily be hacked and have a load of info nicked! Plus your battery will be running down way quicker than it should.

I'm a mile away from my nearest neighbour so it's unlikely - plus I have everything protected with crazy passwords ;) Bluetooth was on as I have Bluetooth speakers on the yard. As for the battery - 2 day life with current usage :)

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I thought most people were happy to do chores in exchange for rides? That's how I did things as a kid, worked in the riding school a couple of days a week and get an hours lesson on each of the days worked?

i thought the same tbh, I know a lot of people who would bite their arm off for that opportunity! it's like a free part loan and on a yard with great facilities, sounds like a great deal to me unless I've missed something?

Yeah one or two horses but a full yard full? You'd be too knackered to ride...

Mince Pie

Visit site

I wasn't, at 12 I'd start the day with a large paper round between 5am and 8am, then home, breakfast and changed and at the yard for 9am. At the yard all day leading rides, mucking out, grooming, tack cleaning etc then a ride at the end of the day.

conniegirl

Visit site
Bluetooth runs your battery down like billy o. Does anyone even use bluetooth nowadays?! And lord knows what else you have running on there Equidae - I don't even recognise half the symbols. :D

I use Bluetooth for my hand free in my car, for speakers sand for my fitbit

Elbie

Visit site
I wasn't, at 12 I'd start the day with a large paper round between 5am and 8am, then home, breakfast and changed and at the yard for 9am. At the yard all day leading rides, mucking out, grooming, tack cleaning etc then a ride at the end of the day.

Same here. I used to work at a livery & riding school. I'd be there from about half 7 to half 5, with just one hour break midday (for the riding school horses to have lunch). Would muck out AM and skip out PM, full yard sweep, dish out feeds 3 times a day, hay 3 times, in the morning empty and refill 20+ water buckets and top up all of them in the afternoon. Throw in getting horses ready for rides, bringing up hay from the barn and other general yard jobs. We never kept still - there was always something to do. I loved it!

LeannePip

Visit site

I think it sounds like a brill deal!

I worked on a similar basis (apart from we also had to pay £20/£25pw) for a yard in my younger teen years. except the yard was horribly unsafe with nothing that i'd call a facility and most of what we did verged on child labour including but not exclusive too; laying a concrete floor in a couple of the stables/ breaking up the concrete once it had set in the drive/ shifting the rubble after it was broken up/ digging trenches to drain the waterlogged school/ clearing the rotted wood chip out of the school/ re laying new woodchip in the school/ sweaping the pavement outside the owners house . . . . And we paid for this priviledge! Saying that it taught me alot, some how to care for horses & other ways of how not to do it.

Pippity

Visit site
How about the chance to pay £25/pw to rehabilitate a horse who 'will test your limits when he wants to'. You get to walk him out during the day! Of course, this arrangement will only last until he's healthy again.

Or there's the woman who's looking for somebody to share her pony. Seven months ago, she couldn't be touched, but now she can even be sat on! Small financial contribution required, of course, and you must be experience with breaking in youngsters.

And if you really want, you can pay £20/pw to give a bit of love to a 3-year-old lightweight cob who will be easy to back. Possibly because, looking at her, she looks more like a very fat two-year-old.

Elbie

Visit site
Just seen one for someone looking to rehome a tb. They said needs a lot of work time and patients.

All I could think was has Jeremy hunt found a solution to the nhs crisis?

fatpiggy

Visit site
No... they were rather brown weren't they!!!

Actually, when I had my mare PTS, another livery asked if she could possibly have my aubiose bed. She wanted it as an under-layer. It was of no further use to me, still had plenty of life in it and saved me having to empty the stable completely. I swept all the loose stuff up against the walls for her and merely removed the base layer. Gave me something to do while we waited for the vet to come :(

EQUIDAE

Visit site
There's a great one on Kent equestrian grapevine at the mo - ad for a horse to part loan and the horse looks a cracker but the photos aren't the best. Someone suggested putting better pics up as the ones posted make the horse look strong. The owner said that he is strong and they're not denying it, and the person put something like 'put someone on who can ride him better to show him in his best light'. Next minute a friend is on calling this person mean and detrimental and saying that clearly the horse isn't suitable. I think the problem isn't the horse or owner, but the interfering bitchy friend. Who'd want to part loan with the friend keep interfering?

miss_c

Visit site
An absolute corker today that didn't last very long before the poster realised nobody was going to do as they hoped...

Wanting you to donate via GoFundMe to help them buy back a horse they sold just before Christmas... they only wanted to raise 4.6k or so...

Now I think GoFundMe is a great thing, but not for vets bills or even buying a horse!

Last edited:
Visit site
One has just come up of some pics of a carrot with a can ring pull it in. It is blindingly obvious that the carrot has grown around the ring pull but nope, apparently it was put in the carrot and put in a certain place deliberately for one certain horse to find.

Uh huh.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
There's another wanting a 14-15h horse with no vices, must be broken in, come with tack and also be delivered. Anyone suggesting that this isn't going to happen, or to get a horse from a rescue is called rude...

Michen

Visit site
WANTED
a 15hh-16.1 horse to take to residential camp in the end of March, I am 14 although very tall and a confident rider, I'm looking for a horse that has done everything and will be safe and look after me, I don't mind a fizzy horse as I'm used to them, but has to be safe. I will have to ride your horse a few times before taking him/her due to making sure it's the right one, I'm based in Bristol so looking for something round the Bristol area. thanks

Seriously?!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
On the matchy groups people posting the most stinking minging looking pads and saying they are in good condition and they just need a little wash which they will do before sending.

So why not take a pic after you've given it "a little wash" and it's nice and spotless then??? fgs.

And they want about 90% of new price (or indeed more than new price!) for something clearly stained "you can't see it with the saddle on" aye ok. Trot on you matchy moron.

Last edited:

TGM

Visit site
On the matchy groups people posting the most stinking minging looking pads and saying they are in good condition and they just need a little wash which they will do before sending.

So why not take a pic after you've given it a little wash and it's nice and spotless then??? fgs.

And they want about 90% of new price (or indeed more than new price!) for something clearly stained "you can't see it with the saddle on" aye ok. Trot on you matchy moron.

The same with rugs! They post some mud-encrusted ancient rugs that they are often selling for much as you can get them new (plus nearly a tenner for posting). Say they will wash up lovely (so why not wash them then)! And God knows what bugs and nasties might be lurking in the linings ...

I suppose at least they are posting honest photos, better than the ads that post the manufacturer's original photos, so you would imagine you are getting an amazingly pristine rug!

Last edited: