Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Yes I was a bit surprised at the price (and the single photo of him lying down with a rug on) but then from reading the advert, he's a much loved pet being sold by someone who is probably very stressed, doesn't have much time, and is being hopelessly over optimistic about what he's worth to anyone else. I hope he does find a nice home....just, maybe not at £6K!

It's a sad advert, not a funny one. The horse isn't even ridden in a bit. It's amazing what some people think their horses are worth. I have one on sales livery at the moment and I could hear the sigh of relief in the trainer's voice when I told him what I would take for him to go to an active home.

Fjord

Visit site
And as a contrast you can get a 7 yo hunter for £5250 in the next advert! He's clearly very loved and sounds like a good horse for someone with the right experience, just not at that price.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Saw a Facebook advert for load of cheap small cobs.
Woman commenter: how tall is the chestnut?
Seller: 13.6hh
Woman: do you mean 136cm?
Seller: no sorry she's 13.5hh, pressed wrong button lol

My head very nearly hit the desk at this point :D

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I'm shocked at this one:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/clas...urrey/horley/4yo-162hh-tb-gelding-500701.html

Almost 6k for a 4yo who won't hack/naps, is scared of traffic, has to be bribed to travel, has a parrot mouth and has done nothing. Tack isn't even included!

Tbf it sounds like an extremely honest advert trying to find him the best home, showing faults that others would gloss over. The price is probably based on what he had cost to get this point rather than his actual market value.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Tbf it sounds like an extremely honest advert trying to find him the best home, showing faults that others would gloss over. The price is probably based on what he had cost to get this point rather than his actual market value.

Yeah actually its pretty sad (if ALL true) but very delusional of the owner and that pic? Come on thats just silly thinking thats acceptable!

SpringArising

Visit site

If we all sold our horses for what they’d cost us over the years we’d be millionaires!

Also, the horse has been out on loan so it doesn’t sound like she’s had to fork out for much. I think the price is just delusional. Take £5000 from it and then he may actually sell...

maisie06

Visit site
Spotted one on faceache this evening:

"cheap xmas prezzie"

"5 month old cob colt, pretty face, would be lovely for the kiddies to wake up to on xmas morning - first to see will defo buy £50"

Yes...perfect cheap "prezzie" not....poor little man hope he doesn't end up in a shed somewhere - how sad.

*Sahara

Visit site

"cheap xmas prezzie"

"5 month old cob colt, pretty face, would be lovely for the kiddies to wake up to on xmas morning - first to see will defo buy £50"

Yes...perfect cheap "prezzie" not....poor little man hope he doesn't end up in a shed somewhere - how sad.

Things like this really **** me off. And shouldn't be allowed

Crugeran Celt

Visit site

"cheap xmas prezzie"

Having worked in equine rescue I know this happens way to often and some sold for the price of a packet of cigarettes. It's depressing to think of all these poorly bred ponies being passed from bad home to a worse one when boredom of caring for them kicks in and worse the ones who are just neglected and left to die when the owners get fed up of them.

little_critter

Visit site

"cheap xmas prezzie"

Surely that's 'bad' enough that you can hit the Report Post button. I would hope the admins have enough morals to either remove the post or ask that it be changed.

honetpot

Visit site
I thought that FB had banned horse sales, that why so many were 'free'. I supposed they do not read though the text.
I costs them more to have them disposed of, so if someone pays £50 they in profit.
Someone told me that he had been to collect 20 on a roundabout.

Amye

Visit site
Saw one last night...

Wanting to swap....
3yr old unbroken trotter
for
something a bit older that's done a bit of everything.

I thought it was a bit cheeky for a swap!!

maisie06

Visit site
Saw one last night...

Wanting to swap....
3yr old unbroken trotter
for
something a bit older that's done a bit of everything.

I thought it was a bit cheeky for a swap!!

I have a retired old mare that's done a bit of everything...has a nice few lumps and melanomas and is living out her days while still comfortable enough to do so - wonder if they's swap???? ***I am joking by the way!!***

9tails

Visit site

MuffettMischief

Visit site
Saw one yesterday that wanted a rider for a tricky 4 year old. Must be confident, experienced and good at schooling. Already has a sharer for her other horse so that person will get first dibbs on days ALWAYS. Weekday mornings only, you will either be hacking with her under her supervision or schooling. Financial contribution required.

Er........so you want someone to school your 4 year old and pay you for the pleasure...

Visit site
Saw one yesterday that wanted a rider for a tricky 4 year old. Must be confident, experienced and good at schooling. Already has a sharer for her other horse so that person will get first dibbs on days ALWAYS. Weekday mornings only, you will either be hacking with her under her supervision or schooling. Financial contribution required.

Er........so you want someone to school your 4 year old and pay you for the pleasure...

Must be a joke surely?

Equi

Visit site
Been dealing lately with a local one, has a well bred rare palomino oldenburg, in foal to a KWPN. Needs someone to feed it for £2 a day as she doesnt drive. When foal arrives if its a colt it will be kept a stallion as will have good breeding potential due to parents and it will become a grandprix dressage horse, so need someone who knows about foals to be feeding said mare. Mares at grass just, and person feeding the horse will need to let owner know if foal arrives. Has done several posts about how the field owner (who is only that, field owner) has not been providing the services of full care for mare as she expected a field owner would do.

Beggars belief..

Has been asked to leave field, youll be glad to know.

Last edited:

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
wanted-someone to loan my horse out and bring him on to affiliated jumping. to stay on current yard and pay towards keep and cover all competition costs, must have own transport-this is to get him up to a level that I can then take over once I have my confidence back. He has fused hocks and kissing spine but this doesn't affect him at all. He's a nutter at shows. (paraphrased a little but not made up!)

only_me

Visit site
Saw a horse up for short loan as owner broke her leg. Would be taken back off loan as soon as owner was able to ride. Great offer lol. Horse wasn’t a competition horse, was low riding club/hacking sort.
Why loan when you could just turn out for 6 weeks or pay livery?

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
wanted-someone to loan my horse out and bring him on to affiliated jumping. to stay on current yard and pay towards keep and cover all competition costs, must have own transport-this is to get him up to a level that I can then take over once I have my confidence back. He has fused hocks and kissing spine but this doesn't affect him at all. He's a nutter at shows. (paraphrased a little but not made up!)

I have just seen that one !!!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site

That's optimistic..... :D

SpringArising

Visit site
Saw a horse up for short loan as owner broke her leg. Would be taken back off loan as soon as owner was able to ride. Great offer lol. Horse wasn’t a competition horse, was low riding club/hacking sort.
Why loan when you could just turn out for 6 weeks or pay livery?

To be fair a short-term loan of a nice RC type would work for a lot of people. Maybe she doesn't want to turn him away or pay $$ for schooling.

Visit site

I know this horse. It's a psycho! And the owner isn't much better!

SpringArising

Visit site
I can't see this one going anywhere fast:

Needs experienced handler/owner
15.2 19years old project horse has been out in the field for past three years so needs handling and experienced home.
Honest add as I have completely lost confidence with larger horses and no longer fair on him just stuck in field I can no longer keep so needs rehoming asap
He previously had kissing spine which had operation for suspenory ligament damage which he did have all clear from vet four years ago. But he was always a quirky ride so better to be a companion for someone.
Not looking for any money just a loving a home

Bit weird as she says it's unfair on him to be stuck in the field then goes on to say he's nuts and should only be a companion.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I suspect from that (given the handling comment) that he has pretty much been abandoned in a field for the last three years and she thinks he'd be better coming in for a brush? But that being able to do that is going to be a 'project'