Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

only_me

Visit site
Just read a good one on Facebook.
Someone is looking for a house to rent (1 - 3 bed) with land (2 - 6 acres) with stables and a school, within 30mins of the city centre, on a bus route, for 700 quid a month.

I’ve also just realised she’s the one selling those palamimos as well, because she wants to make room for a cremello/perlino stallion. You’d think if you were selling a foal for 8.5k you would get a video of it moving or a proper side on picture of it lol.

Antw23uk

Visit site
This sounds cheeky to me ... I might be wrong but this is a paid job surely?

Advert: Experienced Help/ Sharer - help wanted to bring on and ride my horse who was backed last year and is hacking out now in company and to help me too! I want someone experienced and confident with youngsters. Must be over 18 and can drive and have their own insurance.I am not looking for someone who needs to be babysat, this pony is not a novice ride as he is young and green, needs regular exercise and to see the world. I have my own yard but only a smallish lunge area. I have another pony so can ride together but I would like him to hack out alone.
I struggle to fit everything in around work, kids and other ponies so looking for a bit if help. you must be reliable and bubbly! I would consider loaning to right person.

Translates to: I cant ride or produce this pony so want free help and instruction. You must be over 18 and insured because if you have an accident on my property I will drag your body out onto the public road and leave you there! Do it all for me please. Im privileged with own yard but too tight to pay for lessons or a professional. I've tried hacking him alone and his ears moved the wrong way so therefore its down to someone else to do this for me just in case he tries to kill me! Basically I have kids and horses so i need a pro rider who is also a nanny and an instructor to give their time for free. Dont let me down i will be making plans to do other things whilst you babysit and produce my horse and please smile and be bubbly otherwise you might scare the kids! Would consider loaning to the right person until he is perfect after all your hard work and then i will have him back at a months notice.

miss_c

Visit site
“I’m Looking to buy my first horse. It needs to be a schooling horse between 6-12 years old with a height of between 15.5-17hh.

Willing to spend around £650. Any tips or ideas please. Thank you”

only_me

Visit site
“I’m Looking to buy my first horse. It needs to be a schooling horse between 6-12 years old with a height of between 15.5-17hh.

Someone selling a 10.2 stallion and a 11.2 stallion as perfect ponies for children, £100 each.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site

Well maths isn't their strongest subject as they don't understand that 5 isn't half of 4, so 650 probably seems like a very large and generous number to them. :p

Visit site
Someone selling a 10.2 stallion and a 11.2 stallion as perfect ponies for children, £100 each.

Stallions can be great kids ponies if they are brought up correctly and are kept well with an understanding family. Just because they have balls it doesn't mean they will jump straight onto whatever pony comes along regardless.

only_me

Visit site
Stallions can be great kids ponies if they are brought up correctly and are kept well with an understanding family. Just because they have balls it doesn't mean they will jump straight onto whatever pony comes along regardless.

Do you think someone that pays £100 for a pony for their kid (regardless of balls) is going to experienced?

Visit site
Do you think someone that pays £100 for a pony for their kid (regardless of balls) is going to experienced?

I've paid less. Someone might well be getting themselves a great bargain even if they choose to geld. Just because something doesn't cost much it doesn't mean to say that the person who is buying it is clueless.

Visit site
Someone has actually just asked work's FB page how long we loan our retired horses out for as their horse has just done a ligament and is out for 6 months so they want something to ride in the mean time!

I am so tempted to reply that yes we do but it is £1000 a month, the horse has to stay on our yard, you can only ride it when we say and you have to do what we want with it!

Jeezo! Chancer much! Horses break, that's a part of life!

pennyturner

Visit site
I've paid less. Someone might well be getting themselves a great bargain even if they choose to geld. Just because something doesn't cost much it doesn't mean to say that the person who is buying it is clueless.

Same. In fact, barring complete numpties, most people looking at the real cheapies do know what they're doing, because unless you're an idiot, you assume you're going to have to do some work.

No reason a stallion shouldn't be a suitable child's pony. Shetlands on the other hand should only be approached by the most experienced of horsepersons :D

blitznbobs

Visit site
Popped up on my feed today

Looking for a horse 14.2 to 15.2 max, need something that is 7-10 that knows its job but stil young enough to go out and do stuff. NOTHING GREEN OR REARER OR BUCKES OR BRONCS
Rider will be a teen just out of a riding school so will be first horse. Want something that can jump and school and that is calm on a hack, easy to handle. Will be going on busy working farm so nothing will put her in danger) must stable and be fine in a mixed herd!
No cobs or anything cobby or tbs want something like sports horse price range 1000-2000 !! Based Hartlepool nothing to far away

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
"Any show ponies or show hunter ponies out there, first ridden please. No greys or coloureds sorry. Blacks or bays and under the age of 10"

First two suggestions are coloureds and third is grey :D

JulesRules

Visit site
"Very good condition Rodney Powell body protector
Not used much just need a little clean as been in storage!

Size 3, I’m a 10/12 and it fits me . I’d say from size 10 to 12.
CE mark, EN13158

Adjusting straps on back, shoulders and elasticated sides

Quite comfy once on, memory foam so will soften with body warmth.

Grab a bargain as they were £100+ new!!

Collection from xxxx
Can send for post office rates"

Picture shows safety label is a 2000. These were last produced in 2011 I think so it's at least 8 years old and the standard isn't valid anymore plus foam degrades over time.

I've commented saying chuck it in the bin!!

SadKen

Visit site
Popped up on my feed today

Looking for a horse 14.2 to 15.2 max, need something that is 7-10 that knows its job but stil young enough to go out and do stuff. NOTHING GREEN OR REARER OR BUCKES OR BRONCS
Rider will be a teen just out of a riding school so will be first horse. Want something that can jump and school and that is calm on a hack, easy to handle. Will be going on busy working farm so nothing will put her in danger) must stable and be fine in a mixed herd!
No cobs or anything cobby or tbs want something like sports horse price range 1000-2000 !! Based Hartlepool nothing to far away

'Wanted: free unicorn'.

Elbie

Visit site
"Very good condition Rodney Powell body protector
Not used much just need a little clean as been in storage!

Size 3, I’m a 10/12 and it fits me . I’d say from size 10 to 12.
CE mark, EN13158

Adjusting straps on back, shoulders and elasticated sides

Quite comfy once on, memory foam so will soften with body warmth.

Grab a bargain as they were £100+ new!!

Collection from xxxx
Can send for post office rates"

Picture shows safety label is a 2000. These were last produced in 2011 I think so it's at least 8 years old and the standard isn't valid anymore plus foam degrades over time.

I've commented saying chuck it in the bin!!

I hate it when people put up sales posts saying needs a clean. Well flipping clean it then!

conniegirl

Visit site
I hate it when people put up sales posts saying needs a clean. Well flipping clean it then!

quite often its because cleaning them is not worth it.
For example rugs, it normaly costs around £20 to have a turnout washed and reproofed, unfortunatly people are willing to spend £20 on a dirty second hand rug and about £25 on a clean second hand rug.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Rugs though, I'd prefer to buy one uncleaned, it doesn't do the waterproofing any good and I'd rather have them dirty and clean the lining by hand :p It makes me chuckle when people take a photo of a minging sweaty numnah that they could just chuck in a bucket or machine.

I love that they think that RP body protectors are made of memory foam....

JulesRules

Visit site
I love that they think that RP body protectors are made of memory foam....

I love it that they think £25 is a bargain for something that should go in the bin. I might try selling my old riding hat - lightly used as I only fell off wearing it once and it was £100 new lol

Going back to the washing thing I sell stuff as "just needs a good wash". My time to wash it costs more than the discount applied for it being dirty in most cases.

JulesRules

Visit site
Going back to the rug cleaning conversation I've just seen this...

Only clean ones please (dont mind slightly dirttmy) I am not paying £20 for a rug covered in shit and looking disgusting.

Sensibly priced, currently after -

-Stable sheet
-rain sheet
-medium weight stable
-medium weight turnout
-heavy weight stable
-under rug 100g fill.
-Fly rug
And
- a cooler or fleece.

I've commented saying that as washing and reproofing costs about £12 round here, they might need to rethink how much they are prepared to pay for a decent rug not "covered in shit".

I can't see many people replying because quite frankly the only thing shit is the posters attitude!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Hi i'm looking for a sharer for my retired Horse, no riding just help with yard duties and grooming. Can take her for a walk up in the lane in hand. Someone who wants to escape from things and spend time relaxing while doing something that they like. She is in her 20's hence no riding. You can do as many days as you want and a financial contribution which can be discussed upon enquiry.

So basically you want someone to muck out your Horse and pay for the privilege.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I saw one on preloved yesterday asking for help with horses, need someone to groom the horses and poo pick and can do as many days as they like! Really like everyone wants to do that in there spare time.

Denbob

Visit site
I saw one on preloved yesterday asking for help with horses, need someone to groom the horses and poo pick and can do as many days as they like! Really like everyone wants to do that in there spare time.

I think i've mentioned before but my friend hit the jackpot and found someone to do just that with her eventer while she was pregnant! This helper adores the horse and the care aspect but doesn't have a huge interest in riding so comes down and fusses the horse and does the chores on his days, still does now that friend has had her baby to take some of the pressure off. They do exist!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I think i've mentioned before but my friend hit the jackpot and found someone to do just that with her eventer while she was pregnant! This helper adores the horse and the care aspect but doesn't have a huge interest in riding so comes down and fusses the horse and does the chores on his days, still does now that friend has had her baby to take some of the pressure off. They do exist!

I think you are incredibly lucky if you do find someone, I just don't think I would have the cheek to advertise for such lol!

Lintel

Visit site
Saw a real sad post ...
Yesterday I saw a post for a female Rottweiler for sale for £150- barley any details other than she was 2 years old good on lead and off.

Today the same dog for sale. £150
Got this dog yesterday it's been abit growly with me the past few hours feel it would be best with a male owner.

Heartbreaking, I wonder how many homes this poor girlie will have.
OH said no we are not having her :/

Visit site

I will possibly be looking to do this in the Spring , will get me out and about and keep fit at the same time ! We are out there.:D

Visit site
I could actually cry! Someone has just posted a load of pics boasting about how wonderful her kid and their Shetland is doing.

Said pony is in a wilkie gag With its mouth strapped shut in a flash strap and has tightly held draw reins on to boot! 😥😥😥

What's worse is the pony is only 3yo 😥😥😥