Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

SpringArising

Visit site
I dont see anything wrong with this? They obviously want to share a non ridden horse and someone offered 2 retirees for some fuss. They didnt ask for money so seems fair to me.

To be fair, the person was asking for a share, which usually comes with jobs AND a financial contribution. The person replying simply suggested "maybe" poo picking, which presumably meant if the other person thought that was reasonable. I really don't think there was anything cheeky about that one - in fact, I think it was quite nice. I've got two retirees and I'm certainly not nice enough to offer some random person the chance to come and spend time with them.

Because who the hell would actually pay for that? The lady essentially wants a groom, and then had the cheek to imply she was doing the woman a favour by not charging for it.

indie1282

Visit site
Because who the hell would actually pay for that? The lady essentially wants a groom, and then had the cheek to imply she was doing the woman a favour by not charging for it.

But they are not paying are they? The person offering didnt ask for any financial contribution. They also said 'maybe' poo picking and feeding. I also wouldn't say that the lady wants a groom..

Sasana Skye

Visit site
But they are not paying are they? The person offering didnt ask for any financial contribution. They also said 'maybe' poo picking and feeding. I also wouldn't say that the lady wants a groom..

Clearly we have different interpretations, that’s what often happens especially when things are written not spoken. Lets just move on 😂

indie1282

Visit site
Clearly we have different interpretations, that’s what often happens especially when things are written not spoken. Lets just move on 😂

Umm not sure it's your place to tell someone to to 'move on' is it - especially as I'm not replying to your post.

Orchard14

Visit site
“Can my friend, sister, other half, cousin twice removed, random stranger I found come and ride your horse please...could you give them a lesson” My fathers side of the family are the worst for it!!

Orchard14

Visit site
A family friend asked if their daughter could ride one of my daughters ponies and maybe take it to a show, i replied with 'As long as i can borrow her Range Rover for the week with a full tank of fuel'. Funnily enough they never asked again.

Must remember that one

Lammy

Visit site
“Foal available for loan once weaned”

Loan? A foal! Have they heard of youngstock livery...who in their right mind would pay to keep a foal for the owner to take it back at 3/4 years old?

Snowfilly

Visit site

Loan? A foal! Have they heard of youngstock livery...who in their right mind would pay to keep a foal for the owner to take it back at 3/4 years old?

Actually I would have in the past. I've brought random weanlings as company for foals I've brought, so I could have borrowed one instead! Plus you can do the in hand showing stuff if that's your scene.

windand rain

Visit site

Me now I am getting old but it would have to be a very special one able to be shown at the highest level

Visit site

Quite a lot of people actually! People who need a companion for their youngster. Saves buying one and then paying to back it etc or go through the hassle of selling once it's purpose has been fulfilled. And yes people who like show inhand will usually happily take one on.

SadKen

Visit site
Here's a good one that's just popped up.

Wanted: 14.2-15.2 middleweight, age 7-9, must hack alone and in company, must have no vices, be good with dogs, tractors, children, good to catch, shoe, load, clip. Working in an outline and jumping 90cm. Must be forward going and also safe, no dirty stops, bucks, etc.

Budget?
Max 2.5k.

Good luck pal. If you find that unicorn for 2.5k please let me know what planet it was on.

SpringArising

Visit site
One of those 'I need a groom but no way in hell I'm paying for it' posts:

Just putting this up to see if anyone would be interested, I have 2 horses 1 pony who is retired and a companion to my foal. I have never owned a youngster before would anyone with experience be interested in helping out, no financial contribution required, just need help in the evenings, possibly mornings too in the winter. Very lovely foal with lots of potential.

How fun!

Fransurrey

Visit site
Not so much a post per se, but a response to a sale ad. I'm selling a whole set of gullets for less than half the rrp, with only one used and including a gauge. Someone offered me £15 less, saying they could get a new gullet for another £5 more than their offer. I pointed out the obvious (this wasn't one gullet). Later I had another reply, offering the same again from the same person. Didn't bother responding...

Berpisc

Visit site

Just putting this up to see if anyone would be interested, I have 2 horses 1 pony who is retired and a companion to my foal. I have never owned a youngster before would anyone with experience be interested in helping out, no financial contribution required, just need help in the evenings, possibly mornings too in the winter. Very lovely foal with lots of potential.

How fun!
Potential for disaster there.

exracehorse

Visit site

How fun!
I saw that advert yesterday. What a bloody cheek

Visit site
There's a sad one on Preloved, a Welsh free to good home at 28 yo. :(
Urgh. If I won lotto I would take all of these old souls, give them a great few months and PTS. I can't believe someone would give a horse that age away. Well I can, but they are awful people.
I spoke to Preloved seller and this is it in brief, not sure it's fair to expose all their personal circumstances on a forum but for those worried about the pony :the Preloved seller us actually not his owner, but the non tech savvy owner is in very dire horrible circumstances and the land is being sold. However the seller is trying to find somewhere with enough land for both her horses and this welshie before finding him a new home. They've said I can drop them a message from time to time to check on progress if I want.
Pony looks a sweetie and it's indisputable I'm a bit of a time waster by messaging them, but at least know pony isn't in imminent danger of ending up in a shit hole of a home.

Fiona

Visit site
I saw one today...

Looking for a connemara pony to loan, been riding 5 months, just starting to canter, but has jumped crosspoles and can do changes of leg. Needs to come with all rack and rugs.

The world has gone mad 😭😭😭

Fiona

Ceifer

Visit site
Advert for freelance rider
Littered with spelling errors - even if you aren’t brilliant at spelling you can get someone to proof read or just do a spell check on a computer.
Offers to ride difficult horses. Accompanying pictures show rider jumping various horses looking like a complete novice, not being in balance and pulling horses in the mouth. Random picture sat on a horse with no tack on. Flatwork pictures show same horse either grossly behind the bit or doing a llama impression depending on what pace she’s in.
Advert states she has plenty spaces to fill.
I wonder why...

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Littered with spelling errors - even if you aren’t brilliant at spelling you can get someone to proof read or just do a spell check on a computer.
Offers to ride difficult horses. Accompanying pictures show rider jumping various horses looking like a complete novice, not being in balance and pulling horses in the mouth. Random picture sat on a horse with no tack on. Flatwork pictures show same horse either grossly behind the bit or doing a llama impression depending on what pace she’s in.
I wonder why...

When I worked at a rather large equine college, the students would spend a lot of time telling us staff that they intended to 'school dressage horses' or 'do breaking and schooling' when they left. I was always greatly amused to hear the same students weeping and wailing about how dangerous the college loan horses were when allocated them (safe as houses). I imagine their idea of 'schooling' was riding lovely quiet horses and being paid for it...

Visit site
I wonder why...

There's one of those near me ... thick as 2 short planks. If they could even write their 'About Section' on Facebook sensibly you wouldn't be as bemused.

Bt whn u rite ur bisnis pg lk dis thn wht d u xpct!

This person is in their 30's btw the not a kid ...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Wanted Horse to Ride Saturday mornings. Unable to pay

Well, this person was certainly optimistic! No details of ability or offers to help with chores either!
I pretty much posted the direct opposite. Wanted someone to ride my lovely little horse in return for a bit of company. Any day/s as much or little as wanted.... the only replies were free lancers which I did actually take one up on but I thought someone might have liked that offer 😝