Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Thought this would be good for a giggle, inspired by the advert I just saw.

The poster wants someone to help break their two young cobs for 'the love it' (i.e. free), with the possibility of a loan of one when they've both been broken by the sharer!

The brass neck of some people really is incredible.

catwithclaws

Visit site
The ones which want a paragon of virtue, 15-16hh 6-9 years old, jumps DC round foxhunter with a novice, but hacks alone and in company with a granny, can be handled on the ground by an unborn child. With the aforementioned Albion tack and Rambo rugs, delivered to the stable. Free or under £200. I really have to bite my tongue when I see these :p

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
The ones which want a paragon of virtue, 15-16hh 6-9 years old, jumps DC round foxhunter with a novice, but hacks alone and in company with a granny, can be handled on the ground by an unborn child. With the aforementioned Albion tack and Rambo rugs, delivered to the stable. Free or under £200. I really have to bite my tongue when I see these :p

These wind me up, especially when people start the ad with a frustrated 'STILL looking'.

Usually followed by a wanted ad for a coachbuilt 3.5ton box that can take two 17.2hh, under 30k miles, and under 3 years old. Will pay £2000 and want it delivered to them from the other side of the UK. I tend to point out that there is no 3.5ton in existence that will take two 17.2hh and am then swiftly blocked :p. Same as when people advertise them for sale saying they take two 16.2hh with no problem - I always ask about the payload and either get told to **** off (nice!) or that it doesn't matter :eek:.

Tern

Visit site
This one young girl who is known and has been chucked off a couple yards, is not very experienced, obsessed with Justin Bieber (She at one point had her job as "Justin Bieber's Bed - classy right?!?) is constantly looking for horses to "join her team" constantly makes up stores about her mare and about how she "rescued" her from an awful state. And recently bought a 5 year old warmblood mare bred for show jumping 1.10 tracks.. wonder how quickly it is 'till she sells this one or gets thrown from it..

Dave's Mam

Visit site
The best one was someone who wanted a paying part loaner to bring her horse on, do stable work & pay for it, because "I'm charging less than if it was a broken / ridden horse"

dreambigpony

Visit site
Ahh I am usually bombarded with messages from someone who I've never met...she is friends with one of mine on facebook so obviously she has been looking through all my pictures etc. Think she's 14 and I get messages saying she can come and help me with my horse...apparently she owns 5 horses (all of which have been proved not to be her own) she apparently has worked on loafs of Stud yards, broodmares and youngsters. she was chucked off one yard where she shared a horse due to lying and interfering too much with the owners horse. Just learnt to ignore her now...i don't even know her!!

DragonSlayer

Visit site
~Wanted - 15.2hh - 16hh. Must be bombproof, between the ages of 8 and 12. Full wardrobe of tack. Must be delivered. To do riding club and local shows. No vices, must be good to shoe, worm and dentist. Must be up to date with all these things. Cheep or free~

:p

I once commented with 'good luck' with such an advert and got a barrage of abuse from all sides. When I suggested one of her 'supporters' then passes off their animals for 'cheep or free' to this person, they soon went quiet.

:D

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I love the way everyone who owns a horse sets up their own "whatever their name is" eventing or dressage page. I seem to get constant invites to like pages like this.
Ohhh and I saw a 3.5 ton lorry only the other day that easily carried 2x 17.2hh hunter types. I asked the payload but they ignored me preferring to reply to the "when can I view " questions instead! ... Scary really

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I've said this story before but it you want a laugh...

Did a friend a favour, their friend's kid wanted a 'sit on a pony' and the only suitable mount was my husband's horse at the time. Kid rolls up (full riding kit, so looking for more that a 'sit on a pony'...) and once on, proceeded to boot said horse. Now, he can look after himself so he carted her off around the school... :D

The best bit is when her mother produced a list of all the shows I was to take said horse to, with my trailer....dates when kid could come and ride etc etc....and when I put the stoppers on it and said this wasn't up for negotiation, I was asked to let a kid sit on a pony, I was slagged off because I 'ruined her daughter's dreams of competing'.

:p

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I don't join many groups but one of the people on my fb added a picture of her lying on her front facing her loan pony's backside with him in a fly rug and her in a onesie and him lose in a field and her hatless. Did nearly put what if he runs off!!

AmieeT

Visit site
I love Facebook groups, if I'm bored or procrastinating they're my first stop! Guaranteed a laugh.

I hate seeing posts about injured horses asking what to do, and if bring all of the posts that say 'call your vet'.

Ax

Equi

Visit site
People who 'rescue' horses then post asking for rugs/ tack etc making out like they're some kind of martyr :rolleyes3: ermm if you can't afford to look after the horse you've just acquired then why have you got it!

Then sell it a month later for £50

Sukistokes2

Visit site
As a newbie to FB I am constantly gobsmacked by the cheek of people. One tonight, a 3year old palomino cob, unbroken,for loan!! As a project, don't you know! A project on loan my foot! Break my pony in for free and then I will pull it from under your feet when your done. I also love the ones which end with ....must be cheap! It takes a lot of strength on my part not to tell them what I think! These people are deluded!

Bigbenji

Visit site
Dragonsleighbells- how could you do that to a poor kid! She could of been doing you a favour and schooled your horse up to psg. Meaney!!!

exmoorponyprincess1

Lanarkshire Lass trying out Somerset for size :)
Visit site
People who 'rescue' horses then post asking for rugs/ tack etc making out like they're some kind of martyr :rolleyes3: ermm if you can't afford to look after the horse you've just acquired then why have you got it!

This...in spades. And those also asking for financial contribution to the upkeep of those "rescue" equines also P me right off!!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Oh and on FB this girl keeps pestering me who goes to the RS two villages away from where I keep my horses. I had just bought another horse at the time so she says
"Hi, I see you have got a new horse. Can I hack him out or have your other one to ride?"

But it didn't stop there! she carried on :/
"Can I take one of your horses to pony camp this weekend?"
"I am a very good rider, Can I hack your horse out tomorrow"
"Can I have your horse on full loan?"
"My friend wants to go cross country, can I take your horse and go with her?"

These are just some off the top of my head,
(and just to add, she really can't ride very well and certainly not on a horse that isn't a dead to the leg RS plod! my horses are safe, but she'd get killed on them as she wouldn't know how what to do)

I have been very polite to her... she's younger than me but not by much! So I am careful with what I say, however if she asks again she may notice that my answers are getting less tolerant. Luckily she seems to have shut up now

RunToEarth

Visit site
I saw a 28 year old chestnut advertised last week as a showjumper "still acts like a 5 year old" £2600 no tack.

And the "no time wasters or joyriders". Unnecessary for anyone to put on an advert, it deters anyone but the time wasters.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
this one a local freeads site -

"I am looking for someone to help out with exercising my horse during the winter months as I work full time and it is to dark to exercise him after work in the week.

It will be from now until the beginning of April approximately.

Weekday mornings would be ideal and he would only require exercising twice a week for 1 hour each morning.

The exercise he would need is just lunging, long reining, pessoa and basic ground work.

He is very well behaved and has manners but can sometimes ask questions so he would need an experienced handler as he is only 5 and still testing boundaries."

So they want someone to come and basically just lunge there horse, but must be for an hour in the morning only in the week. You cant ride it and you cant come at the weekends, and when the weather improves you are no longer any use. Oh and they wont pay you for the priviledge

Last edited:

Regandal

Visit site
I don't usually rise to them but I couldn't resist the other day. Girl advertising for a part loaner for her cob. Wanted an experienced rider 'to improve the horse' no novices as 'it sometimes bucks when asked for canter'. I merely pointed out that it was a tad cheeky to expect someone to school your horse for free, and had they checked it's back & saddle. Got dogs abuse. Apparently I'm a time waster, not sure why.

Equi

Visit site
Anyone who doesn't show up and take the horse then and there after asking one question is a time waster. I've been told of time wasters and it was because they spent two days asking qu on fb before deciding The horse wasn't suitable. How can that be a time waster?! A lot seem to think you should just take a horse cause they say so!